ok

wavybaby(:wavybaby(: Posts: 22Registered Users
why did all of you guys start bein so nasty to us cuz you didnt like the picture i had? first of all there was nothing wrong with it. And second of all all of you are saying we dont have a life and making fun of us for asking advice on boys? We werent trying to pick a fight with anyone we were just asking people who have had more experience with guys if they could help us.

And thats not the only thing we were gonna talk about on the forums. We actually came to this site cuz we thought people could give us adivce on hair. And there is more than one person ok. And there are other teenagers on this site. You dont seem to be picking a fight with them?

Oh and Redcatwaves or whatever,the comment about us needing birth control advice is really unneccasery. How old are you, 10? That was very rude and pretty mean, especially to say to a couple of teenagers. And we dont plan on getting pregnant or having sex anytime soon.

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Don't worry, it'll mellow out. We've had our fair share of trolls, and so it can make us suspicious at times.

Your first avatar did seem to show a lot of leg, as if you had short shorts on. Hard to tell in an av.

It is one of the things teens have to put up with - us older ladies commenting on dress or the lack thereof. Sometimes it is nagging, but, we've been there and can see the intended or unintended message differently than you will as a younger person. Humor us.

Also, feel free to check out the hair board side of the house if you do want to talk hair. It's usually less feisty than over here.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • wavybaby(:wavybaby(: Posts: 22Registered Users
    thanks(:^^^

Your deffinitley the nicest person on here(:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wavybaby(: wrote: »
    Oh and Redcatwaves or whatever,the comment about us needing birth control advice is really unneccasery. How old are you, 10? That was very rude and pretty mean, especially to say to a couple of teenagers. And we dont plan on getting pregnant or having sex anytime soon.

You're right. The quip was for my amusement at your expense. My apologies.

Don't take it personally. I'm a birth control pusher. I've worked with teens in the birth control arena and I want all young women to have choice and to be aware that they have control over their reproduction and therefore their lives.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    wavybaby(: wrote: »
    thanks(:^^^

Your deffinitley the nicest person on here(:

Oh, there are nicer, they just need to show up.:wink:

And, you caught me on a good day, lol.

FWIW, it was nice to see that you and your friend had wavy hair in your avs. A refreshing change from the flat iron look.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • wavybaby(:wavybaby(: Posts: 22Registered Users
    Redcatwaves: thank you for apologizing(:

that was nice(:
    and i understand why you said it. Id be pretty annoyed too if someone new came in and started causing so much trouble.
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    You want some advice? Take a cue from the other teens here and do away with "cuz" and all the other netspeak. Stop making new threads asking why people are annoyed. Participate in other threads. Contribute and people will take you seriously. Keep starting meaningless threads, and everyone will think (or know) that you just joined to stir up trouble.
  • fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Posts: 316Registered Users
    Fellow teen here... hello! I do have to agree with Peppy though... just remember that most of the people here are older and don't necessarily want to be bombarded with a bunch of similar posts about boys, and they don't want to wade through a lot of improper grammar and spellings. If those are the kind of threads you are more interested in, you might be better off at a different board aimed more specifically at teens, like Seventeen, CosmoGirl, Teen Vogue, etc. The hair section here is SUPER helpful though! It helped me out a lot. If you have any questions about hair or anything really, feel free to message me if you want.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    C'mon, can't we call just get along? we welcome all people here, regardless of race, religion, gender,sexual orientation,marital status, nationality or age.

Just as long as you either contribute something or take away something, it's all good, right?
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I really think we all need to learn not to say anything at all if we can't say something nice when no one has directly provoked or attacked us or said anything really out of line. I noticed the posts by the new teenaged posters and I also do not like the text messaging speak and wasn't all that interested in the content so I skipped past them. There was no need for all the other snarky, cryptic posts about them, in my opinion. I must have missed the risque pictures and other related commentary about birth control and whatever else so maybe I don't know the whole story.

OP, one thing that did jump out of me from one of the posts I skimmed, about someone's boyfriend moving away, was that you or whoever posted about it said that you had only known him for a few weeks and that "he is my everything." I don't think anyone should say that about anyone else, ever, and certainly not a young person about someone they have only known for weeks! My belated advice to all of you, if you are actually serious about wanting advice from people who have been there, is to never put that much emphasis on a boy, and to find yourself first before you try to lose yourself in someone else. You have many, many years to date and be in relationships, and the chances are very low that the boys you are interested in now will lead to permanent relationships.

As I write this, I remember myself at your age and I was convinced that having a boyfriend, or having boys like me, was a way to validate myself and prove myself equal to other girls, and if anyone would have told me what I just told you, I would have taken it in but then continued on my merry way doing the same thing. It took years of learning the hard way and having some bad experiences for me to finally figure it out and I am still learning from my mistakes.

You guys seem to have good friends and that really can be your rock. My high school friendships lasted to this day and I really learned the power of sisterhood with friends who stuck by each other through thick and thin and I praise God for that blessing in my life. So don't ever underestimate that.

Also, I think RCW meant well with the birth control advice. I had a lot of friends in high school who never intended to have sex either... until they were suddenly having it and would say "it just happened." I obviously would caution you to wait, but many people don't, and she knows that and wants you to be careful. We get a lot of "omg I think I'm pregnant" posts from people much older than you who still haven't figured it out, so even if you don't have sex now, it's still good to know your options.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    I'm kinda disturbed by this...whatever this is. This board is for the curly-haired regardless of age, race, sex etc.

I odn't like that new young posters are being made to feel unwelcome because they are being exactly what they are, teenagers. What are they suppoed to talk about besides their life experiences? Menopause? Divorce? being a stay at home mother? It's boys, hair and clothing ;) and as we so love to say here, if we don't like it then we "older" ladies can stay out of those threads. :D

Wavybaby:( I hope you stay. Welcome to NC. you're in for quite a ride.
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

• yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    FreeCurls wrote: »
    I'm kinda disturbed by this...whatever this is. This board is for the curly-haired regardless of age, race, sex etc.

I odn't like that new young posters are being made to feel unwelcome because they are being exactly what they are, teenagers. What are they suppoed to talk about besides their life experiences? Menopause? Divorce? being a stay at home mother? It's boys, hair and clothing ;) and as we so love to say here, if we don't like it then we "older" ladies can stay out of those threads. :D

awww... all curlies are always welcome!! Age doesn't matter at all. This board has had it's share of trolls and that's pretty much exactly what these posters started to seem like. I think most of us give people the benefit of the doubt, but when a lot of people are all thinking the same thing... then.. it just turns into a cammie party. If they stick around, they'll see that this is a very caring community of women. We just get our dander up a little if something doesn't seem right. I guess it's no fun to be accused of being a troll...but it's also no fun to be reeled in, either....

Anyway...
    either it's a cammie party
    or a welcome party.
    either way, it's a party.

:occasion9:
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    FreeCurls wrote: »

I think the problem was that a few all came to the board at once all posting for the first time and all posting a boyfriend problem as their first post. Then there were multiple posts that said the same thing and multiple posts called "why", "ok", etc. There was evidence that two of them may have been the same person (who was in the pantsless pic?) They weren't responding to any posts except each other's. All the behaviour seemed rather trollish. I don't think other posters questioning their validity was surprising given the circumstances.

If they ARE trolls, I hope they're gone. If they're NOT trolls, I hope they join in.
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Peppy wrote: »
    You want some advice? Take a cue from the other teens here and do away with "cuz" and all the other netspeak. Stop making new threads asking why people are annoyed. Participate in other threads. Contribute and people will take you seriously. Keep starting meaningless threads, and everyone will think (or know) that you just joined to stir up trouble.

I will agree with this. I know I'm not all that far removed from the generation that uses the "internet speak" or whatever it is, but it annoys me to no end. I just wonder how these kids speak or write at school....do you turn in papers that say

"wwII wuz started cuz ....."

I mean whatever happened to correct capitalization, spelling, punctuation?

People really have a hard time taking you seriously if you talk/write like that. I know employers that will search myspace or facebook and if the potential employee has language like that on their page will not hire them because they appear unintelligent.

JMO.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file