I can go to school!!!

battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
I found out today that the new GI Bill has passed. This means I can go to law school like I have always wanted! I am so excited about this. I never thought I'd be able to afford it. I've been spending this whole evening thinking about what I will do now.

I know it doesn't mean much to most of you, but I have been bursting with happiness today and I just wanted to share a bit of it. Yay!!!

:occasion9:

Comments

• anonnymouseanonnymouse Posts: 1,340Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's wonderful news!! Congratulations. :D
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    Congrats! That's so exciting. :toothy7:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Yay!!!!
  • BohemianRenegadeBohemianRenegade Posts: 1,078Registered Users
    How exciting for you! Congrats! Keep us posted on your applying status!
    Trying to find some sanity as I work on my master's in nursing...
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Good for you! You deserve it, after having served this country and the rest of us.

What kind of law do you want to practice? Do you know yet?
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yay! :blob7: That's great! DH was able to finish up his BS by bootstrapping his last year.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
    Wow Congrats!!!!
    I know how much school can mean to someone, and how frustrating it is when something like finances gets in the way...

I hope law school goes well for you! If you don't mind let me give you a bit of advice for applying to law/graduate school (its what's been getting me through this stressful time):

Ben & Jerry's Cake Batter Ice Cream.

Enjoy!!!!! :toothy7:
    3b/c/f/ii
    Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
    Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
    http://public.fotki.com/skram1113/
    pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner
  • ArtemidaArtemida Posts: 48Registered Users
    :blob7:Congrats! You deserve it! Now you can pursue your passion!

Omg don't metion Ben and Jerry's! lol! *drool*
    Type: Very Soft 3b w/ 3a/3c thrown in
    CG: May 18, 2008
    Natural: Oct 2007

Products:
    Qhemet's O&H
    Giovanni SS & TT
    NG
    Flaxseed Gel!
    Honey
    Henna
    Fenugreek
    Mango

Banned: Suave, VO5, Excessive Oils
  • Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
    Artemida wrote: »
    :blob7:Congrats! You deserve it! Now you can pursue your passion!

Omg don't metion Ben and Jerry's! lol! *drool*

oops!!! Sorry lol! I'm not going to lie: I'm spending the night with them tonight.

Take that grad school anxieties!! ::: open mouth enter spoon:::
    3b/c/f/ii
    Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
    Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
    http://public.fotki.com/skram1113/
    pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Congratulations, tantrum!! :occasion9:

:) :) :) :) :)
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Good for you! You deserve it, after having served this country and the rest of us.

What kind of law do you want to practice? Do you know yet?

Originally I had wanted to practice labor law, but I am also considering a mediation/arbitration specialty. I've also entertained the idea of a joint JD/PhD in the social sciences because I love, love, love to research and write. That would be a giant undertaking but I want to leave the possibility open.
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    That's great news! Finances are a big piece of the puzzle when going back to school, as I am finding out. Congrats on having that area settled.

Mediation/arbitration interests me, too.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I worked as a paralegal for a time, and the problem solving/minor mediation I did was very rewarding. I hope it goes very well for both of the NC future lawyers.

p.s. when my brother was struggling through law school, he pinned a post it note to his mirror: "Future Attorney Pictured Below." It was funny, but it worked. He's now a very happy and professionally satisfied corporate bankruptcy lawyer.
  • duckyducky Posts: 927Registered Users
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Every time I passed the law school here, I'd think about you and hope there would be a way... and now there is! Yay!!!
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Yay! Congrats. Where do you want to go school? I graduated from law school almost ten years ago. I can't believe I'm not a newbie anymore. :sad8:
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    Thanks for all the kudos. I really need them, because I haven't even gotten in yet!

Lolo, I would like to go to Northwestern or the University of Wisconsin. This legislation will only pay fully for an in-state public school, though, so I will probably end up at the closest public uni, which is a 4th-tier school. And my LSAT scores are too low to get in anywhere else! It's okay; I can't really complain about the quality if it's going to be free.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Congrats...finances are a huge reason that I haven't pursued grad school, so I'm always happy when someone gets to follow their dream. Good luck getting into the school of your choice! :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • Rebecca deWinterRebecca deWinter Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    that's awesome! i'm glad this is working out for you!!! :)
    *~*displaced yooper*~*
    :hockey: \m/ \m/
    3069786076_f03f452f63.jpg?v=0
    master quigley and queen ruby, my puppy loves <3
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    That's so great! I was hoping the new GI bill would go through for all sorts of people like you who would like to go to school and certainly deserve paid tuition and a LOT more!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file