I feel productive.

RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
I just cleaned up my bathroom, which was kind of disgusting, not going to lie. I've been inhaling Softscrub and Mildew spray for a few hours, I feel kind of lightheaded. But it's done. I have no idea what brought it on, I wasn't asked to clean. I think it just got so bad that I couldn't deal with it anymore. I got my dad to re-caulk the tub as well. Everything has been bleached and scrubbed and my back is killing me. And no matter how many times I wash my hands, arms, and feet, I still feel like I have bleach on me somewhere...
I also did a few loads of laundry and I'm about to vacuum my room. Once I start, I can't stop because I can't concentrate on anything else until my task is done. But it will all be done soon and I'll be able to focus on other things.

So, what productive things has everyone else done today?

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I washed all the dishes and washed/dried my son's sheets even though I'm sick. *cough**cough*
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    Actually, I haven't done anything productive today.

But I just wanted to say congrats on your cleaning. That does take a lot of effort and determination; cleaning sucks. :)

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Actually, I haven't done anything productive today.

But I just wanted to say congrats on your cleaning. That does take a lot of effort and determination; cleaning sucks. :)

Haha, thank you. :)
    I don't mind cleaning so much. I feel so much better when it's done. I can't focus if my room is messy which drives me insane during the school year because I don't have the time to clean. I just hadn't cleaned the bathroom in forever and it was bothering me so much that I finally just pulled my hair back, put some gloves on and scrubbed until my arm hurt. Actually, far past the point where my arm started hurting.
    ... Sorry, I tend to ramble sometimes.
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    I thought about cleaning my room, then decided to do it tomorrow.

But I am going to help my friend find a cute outfit tomorrow, so I think that counts. Okay, not really.

Once, I could not sleep, so at four a.m., I started cleaning. I did the dishes, scrubbed down all the counters, windex-ed up the place, and started vaccuming. My brother nearly killed me for waking him up, but the fumes from the cleaning products knocked him out.:wink:
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I am the same way, once I start I can't stop, otherwise it won't get done.

I have painted the kitchen and bedroom and hallway. (Not all in one day but have been working on it over the last 4 days). I love to paint and it's summer so it's time for a change and to make the place seem brighter and cleaner.

Also I got 4 boxes out of storage and clothes from the closet and gave them away to a women's shelter here.

Whew! I need a bit of a break now!
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Decluttered our bedroom. A HUGE bag and one box of stuff got donated, a few things went into our storage closet, and now I am not tripping over stuff.
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    CurlyEyes wrote: »
    Once, I could not sleep, so at four a.m., I started cleaning. I did the dishes, scrubbed down all the counters, windex-ed up the place, and started vaccuming. My brother nearly killed me for waking him up, but the fumes from the cleaning products knocked him out.:wink:

:lol: The other night I couldn't fall asleep, and at four A.M I got up, went to the computer, and searched "I can't fall asleep." This big list of about 75 things to do when you can't fall asleep popped up, and clean the house was one of them. I thought, "I am in no mood to clean right now, is that a joke?" But I guess it really works for some. :wink:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Finally caught up on the dishes (don't have a dishwasher) and am getting ready to tackle the conditioner slip in the bathtub before I kill myself. Then I will vaccuum and then I'll eat (I'm a late eater as I work 2-10 usually) and relax.

If it weren't for you Annarie, I might not have taken on that tub tonight. :)
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
    Finally caught up on the dishes (don't have a dishwasher) and am getting ready to tackle the conditioner slip in the bathtub before I kill myself. Then I will vaccuum and then I'll eat (I'm a late eater as I work 2-10 usually) and relax.

If it weren't for you Annarie, I might not have taken on that tub tonight. :)

I am very glad that I could inspire you to finish. :)
    I, however, am finished for tonight.
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've been very productive in the last few days. Painted all the woodwork in my kitchen. Painted two huge louvered doors--what a job that was, painting all those doggone little slats. Today I washed the hallway and steps leading to the basement. It feels good getting something accomplished around here.
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • Ephesians2:8Ephesians2:8 Posts: 170Registered Users
    Dude! I did the same thing today! Haha i'm excited. I organized my bathroom and sweeeped it and cleaned it.. something I don't usually do!
    3a. My hair does what it wants.. currently waiting for BKT treatment to go away.

“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” - Mark 8:36
    Okay, I lied. I wasn't finished for the night.
    I folded some clothes too. Someone tell me to stop.
  • stefathenastefathena Posts: 450Registered Users
    bought a new bottle of Tide and did 3 loads of laundry. yesss!
    new york city

barack the vote!
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Stop and rest, annarie!

I didn't do much, other than whine about my apartment problems to anyone who'd listen, contact my leasing agent for my move tomorrow (who wasn't even working today), call the electric co. and add a craigslist listing for my place. Oh, and I came home so that I can make my dentist's appt. tomorrow morning.

I hate moving.
  • Ephesians2:8Ephesians2:8 Posts: 170Registered Users
    Maybe it's a full moon. *looks out the window*
    3a. My hair does what it wants.. currently waiting for BKT treatment to go away.

“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” - Mark 8:36
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have actually had a pretty productive week. I deep cleaned the bathroom and kitchen, shampooed the carpet.

Helped my 2 year old not only how to draw a stick figure turtle, but helped him learn a few basic computer skills.

And managed to get off my high-horse and rid myself of my prideful thinking of what my viola skills where in the past, and did my extremely tedious, boring and remedial feeling bowing exercises. And I'm very proud to say I have improved by a gazillion percent! I am rather proud of myself, I'm not good at small details.
    AOOOOOOOO!

Join us annarie...jooooooin usssssss...

:laughing3:
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    I did the grocery shopping (with the kidlet in tow) and folded about 8 loads of laundry. I still have more to do, but I'm taking a break!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • Rebecca deWinterRebecca deWinter Posts: 2,254Registered Users
    i've done nothing! but i really should do the dishes, and everything else. bah.
    *~*displaced yooper*~*
    :hockey: \m/ \m/
    3069786076_f03f452f63.jpg?v=0
    master quigley and queen ruby, my puppy loves <3
  • GeminiLeslieGeminiLeslie Posts: 190Registered Users
    i need to clean my bathroom too! i've been putting it off for over a week now.. I also need to wash the dishes.
    Mostly 4a..crazy hair

Currently using: 100% Aloe Vera Gel :), VO5 Conditioners for Co-Washes, Jojoba and Africa's Best Oils, GV Biolage Conditioning Balm :), Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo, ACV rinses, Herbal Tea Rinses (rarely), Alba Botanica Leave-in

Goal: healthy hair and longer hair

Someone make me stop, seriously.
    I don't know what is up with my random cleaning frenzy, but my mom asked me to empty the litter box. So I did... Right after I cleaned the entire laundry room. I swept up all the lint and the litter, cleaned all the dirty clothes, mopped, fed the cats, then emptied the litter box.
    My back is killing me. Ugh.
    Annarie101 wrote: »
    I don't know what is up with my random cleaning frenzy, but my mom asked me to empty the litter box. So I did... Right after I cleaned the entire laundry room. I swept up all the lint and the litter, cleaned all the dirty clothes, mopped, fed the cats, then emptied the litter box.

Could you come to my house? My room's a mess.

CurlyEyes wrote: »
    Annarie101 wrote: »

Could you come to my house? My room's a mess.

Haha, I'll tell you when my next cleaning kick comes around.
  • curlcrazy25curlcrazy25 Posts: 111Registered Users
    Well... I did some volunteer work at the library for my SO's mother. Then I went clothing shopping because I really needed new shirts and scored some great deals. I got my first pairs of heels, and consequently have been spending the day learning to walk in them. :blob7:I also finally did something for my social life. I was able to arrange plans for dinner and a movie with a friend. She did keep me waiting for an hour before calling me and saying she couldn't make it, by which point I had already dined alone, and I was really angry at her, but at least I got out of the house. I'm thinking tomorrow I'll clean up around the house a bit. It needs a lot of work. And I need to do some baking too - so that'll be an apple pie and a cherry pie, most likely. Maybe some blueberry muffins or orange poppyseed muffins.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file