Rare bra sizes

Ephesians2:8Ephesians2:8 Posts: 170Registered Users
I went to get measured at a lingerie place, because 32 a does not fit me, but 32 aa is too small. 32 b is out of the question. So she told me I was a 30 a or b. I tried a 30 a, but it gave me marks on my skin and I think the cups are too small. So I would like to try a 30 b but I cannot find them anywhere. They are mostly made in the UK or anywhere besides the US (lol), and I have found a few on figleaves.com.
Victoria's Secret intimissimi brand is supposed to have 30 b/32 a in one size (a size one) but it fits like a 32 a. Victoria's Secret does not make bras for me!
Does anyone else have this problem or is specifically a 30 b?
3a. My hair does what it wants.. currently waiting for BKT treatment to go away.

“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” - Mark 8:36

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Rather than shopping on the internet or going to a department store, I'd suggest you go to a real lingerie store. They can usually special order odd-size bras. Victoria's Secret is not a real lingerie store.

Or, you can try the girls' department of a department store and find a 30A or B.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Try the Wacoal Petites line. 32 is the smallest band size but they fit me better than any other 32. I am technically a 30 but it's pretty impossible to find.
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    I've bought 30 band size at specialty lingerie stores. They had 30DD so I would think they would have smaller cups too.
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I like bare necessities for size 32 bands. Just did a search for 30b and it generated these 4 results: http://www.barenecessities.com/catalog.asp?drv=&nxs=31&style=&vendor=&price=&size=895

If you are in the US, I would recommend going to a Nordstroms, Bloomingdales or similar type department store and trying on that size and working with a salesperson. I think a higher end department store would be more likely to have what you need and offer good, free sizing services. I would avoid V. Secret at all costs.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • Ephesians2:8Ephesians2:8 Posts: 170Registered Users
    The store I got measured at was supposed to be a specialty lingerie store, but they only had 30 e and above. Or maybe c and above, definitely not my size. Which is ridiculous!
    The girls' department stores have 30 a but not b.
    Thanks for all your suggestions! It reminds me of the other thread where everyone says what doesn't fit them and you realize no one is actually really a normal size, but no one in the manufacturer's world really cares, lol.
    3a. My hair does what it wants.. currently waiting for BKT treatment to go away.

“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” - Mark 8:36
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    I always wore a 32B or C on the tightest hook, but it wasn't quite right. When I was pregnant and my breasts grew, I got fitted and ended up in a 30E. You're right that 30's are really hard to find. I got one at the place I was fitted (a specialty bra shop) and some online, but they're really expensive.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    Before my breast reduction, and when I was thinner, there were no bras to fit me. The closest the speciality store could get to was a 34G when what I needed was more like a 32H or I. So I bought the 34Gs and the store altered them for me. They sewed an extra row of hooks at the back and shortened the straps. It wasn't perfect, but it was as close to properly fitting as I could get. Maybe the store where you are could do something similar.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Rather than shopping on the internet or going to a department store, I'd suggest you go to a real lingerie store. They can usually special order odd-size bras. Victoria's Secret is not a real lingerie store.

Or, you can try the girls' department of a department store and find a 30A or B.

ITA
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I agree that if you are not a mainstream bra size it is very difficult to find what you need. I'm a 32C - you wouldn't think that would be so hard to find, but it is...almost impossible, and it's pure, dumb luck when I do find it.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wear a 32B and it's extremely hard to find a bra that is not only the size I need but also is a style I can live with. I do not like demis and/or push-up bras. I want "full coverage" and I don't want padding of any kind. Manufacturers seem to think that anyone who isn't at least a C wants to look bigger. Uh, no.
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    Manufacturers don't think at all. I used to hate that all of the big bras looked like industrial harnesses. I refuse to believe that big and cute are mutually exclusive.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Myradella3 wrote: »
    Manufacturers don't think at all. I used to hate that all of the big bras looked like industrial harnesses. I refuse to believe that big and cute are mutually exclusive.

I wear 32FF and like Fantasie brand bras. I think Miss Mandalay caters to larger sizes and they're pretty.
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    figleaves.com is pretty good for internet shopping, since they do free returns and exchanges. I usually order a style that looks promising in a couple band and cup sizes to see what will work and exchange the ones that don't fit for the size that does in a couple different colors. They often have free shipping specials, too.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You can definitely find 30s with smaller cups in the girls departments of stores like Target. Yeah, they're kids bras, but they'll work. Some have padding and underwire, too.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file