how old do you feel?

subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
the majority of the time i feel like im still anywhere between 19-22. in all actuality im going to be 26 in september. ive made a concerted effort to stop shopping in the juniors department and start wearing things that are age appropriate. i think i forget that in 4 yrs im going to be 30.

how old do you feel?

Comments

• SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I'd say most days I physically feel about 16 years old. I am in better shape now than when I was a teen. I eat better and exercise.
  • GeminiLeslieGeminiLeslie Posts: 190Registered Users
    I feel like I'm about 25-30..Sometimes I feel like the mom when I'm only 21. Many times throughout my relatively short life I've had to take on the role of parenting both my older sister and my mother. I'm tired of being like this.
    Mostly 4a..crazy hair

Currently using: 100% Aloe Vera Gel :), VO5 Conditioners for Co-Washes, Jojoba and Africa's Best Oils, GV Biolage Conditioning Balm :), Cream of Nature Detangling Shampoo, ACV rinses, Herbal Tea Rinses (rarely), Alba Botanica Leave-in

Goal: healthy hair and longer hair

• SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    105 emtionally when I think about what I've been through/survived. I have a lot of wisdom to share but I think I'm about 12-13 when it comes to translating that into spoke or written means.

Speckla
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The calendar says I'm 37.
    most of the time I feel like I'm about...

I keep wondering when I'll ever really start to feel like an adult.
    I mean... I know I'm an adult and I do adult things...and I've had the worries of an adult ever since I was a little kid.. serious worries/tragedies.. but I still feel like I did when I was about 11 most of the time. maybe that's weird. I don't know.

Oh, and I wear what makes me happy. I don't worry too much about that stuff anymore. I did for a short time, but I didn't have the energy. If I like it, I buy it.

I really like this quote from some guy named Michael Quoist, sorry it's a little long, and some parts don't quite go along with what I believe or what have you, but the old people being little kids and stuff kind of sums it up for me. It's like physical age is nothing. It's the life inside of you that really matters. Sometimes I forget about this and I get all weird and a little depressed.... but then I think about the following and it just cheers me up. Because I remember that I believe that we're all a lot more than what we think we are or what we see in the mirror:

God says, I like youngsters. I want people to be like them. I don't like old people unless they are still children. I want only children in my kingdom; this has been decreed from the beginning of time. Youngsters - twisted, humped, wrinkled, white-bearded - all kinds of youngsters, but youngsters. There is no changing it, it has been decided, there is room for no one else. I like little children because my likeness has not been dulled in them. They have not botched my likeness, they are new, pure, without a blot, without a smear. So, when I gently lean over them, I recognise myself in them. I like them because they are still growing, they are still improving. They are on the road, they are on their way. But with grown-ups there is nothing to expect any more. They will no longer grow, no longer improve. They have come to a full stop. It is disastrous - grown-ups think they have arrived. I like youngsters because they are still struggling, because they are still sinning. Not because they sin - if you understand me - but because they know that they sin, and they say so, and they try not to sin any more.

But I don't like grown-ups, they never harm anyone, they have nothing to reproach themselves for. I can't forgive them. I have nothing to forgive. It is a pity, it is indeed a pity, because it is not true. But above all I like youngsters because of the look in their eyes. In their eyes I can read their age. In my heaven there will be only five-year-old eyes, for I know of nothing more beautiful than the pure eyes of a child. It is not surprising, for I live in children, and it is I who look out through their eyes. When pure eyes meet yours, it is I who smile at you through the flesh. But on the other hand I know of nothing sadder than lifeless eyes in the face of a child. The windows are open but the house is empty. Two eyes are there but there is no light. And, saddened, I stand at the door, and wait in the cold and knock. I am eager to get in. And he, the child, is alone. He fattens, he hardens, he dries up, he gets old. Poor old fellow! Alleluia! Alleluia! Open, all of you, little old men! It is I, your God, the Eternal, risen from the dead, coming to bring back to life the child in you. Hurry! Now is the time. I am ready to give you again the beautiful face of a child, the beautiful eyes of a child . . . For I love youngsters, and I want everybody to be like them.

• BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Curl Neophyte Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm also 37, but my body feels like it's old...muscles get crampy easy and I don't sleep worth anything most nights. When I'm in a good, silly mood, I feel like a teenager. Other times, I still feel emotionally young. It's hard to believe I'm 37. It seems like five years ago I graduated from high school...not 19 years ago. Ugh!
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • eccentric_kurlzeccentric_kurlz Curl Connoisseur Posts: 4,151Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't know, although I'm quite sure if there is a way to "feel" 26, I'm probably not feeling it.
    A wonderful mix of coils, curls, corkscrews, and kinks.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/shyygirl_2007/
    PW: curlyhair

I have a blog now. Follow meeeee! :)

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/

"You see, when it comes to language competence, a true patriot must hit that sweet spot between "job-stealing immigrant" and "liberal elitist." ~Eilonwy

Wanna have access to the top names in fashion and luxury at up to 70% off retail? Sure you do. http://tinyurl.com/3yxneol

DC metro area
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    I feel only about 21. I was telling my husband about wearing sunscreen because I didn't want to look 50 when I am 30, and then I thought wait a second I am 30!!

:lol:
  • KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    I'm 34. There are a few days that I feel old, dried up, wrinkled and wonder when this happend.

More often than not though I wonder how on earth anyone ever trusted me with a mortgage, a car, heck... childern! I'm just a child and still don't know what I want to be when I "grow up". I see people my age that are "grown-ups" and then I realize they have all the grown-up things that I have and yet I still don't feel like a "grown-up". :laughing7:
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Curl Connoisseur Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Kitara wrote: »
    I'm 34. There are a few days that I feel old, dried up, wrinkled and wonder when this happend.

More often than not though I wonder how on earth anyone ever trusted me with a mortgage, a car, heck... childern! I'm just a child and still don't know what I want to be when I "grow up". I see people my age that are "grown-ups" and then I realize they have all the grown-up things that I have and yet I still don't feel like a "grown-up". :laughing7:

yay! Let's be BEST friends!!!! :laughing7:
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    I feel like I'm in my 60s. I look at everyone around me and they all seem so young and naive. I've always felt like I had more knowledge of the world than most others, but I don't mean that in a holier-than-thou sense. I'm not wiser...I think I just see more deeply.
  • JosephineJosephine Curl Connoisseur Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm 29 but feel 25 or so. I would say younger if I my body still felt younger. I don't wanna grow up! Most of my friends are a bit younger than me too.
  • nadinanadina Curl Connoisseur Posts: 640Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    my soul is old. a million years old. but my heart is young.
  • TrenellTrenell Curl Connoisseur Posts: 3,562Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's funny, me and hubby were just talking about how we cannot believe that we are actually in change of another human being.

i was going to say physically i feel like I was 21, but screw that! That's from when I was 21, thinking that 30 was old. :laughing7:

I feel like a active, happy, playful, fun-loving (at times emotionally unstable ie tantrum throwing) 33 soon to be 34 year old.

Booyah!

There are tooooo many years AFTER 30 to consider 30 to be old.
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    I think I feel about my age (25) most of the time. I've finally grown into my age, if that makes sense. I was always very mature for my age, but I think my calendar age and mental age have caught up with each other now.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Curl Neophyte Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Some days I feel giggly and peppy like I'm 20.

Some days I feel like I'm a tired 80.

Mostly I guess I feel about my age.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Curl Neophyte Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm 20. But emotionally, I'm regressing to the teen years. I never hated high school, but I hate college (at least, I hate my college). I have boy drama. I have a rough relationship with my parents right now. I am unsure of who I am and who I want to be, whereas in high school, I was depressed at times, but I always was able to pick myself up and I was confident and popular.

Physically I feel like a 70 year old. I still go to the gym, but I have achey joints from the damage I did running during high school. I barely eat and sleep, so I'm constantly exhausted.

So if you add 70 and 14, then divide by two, I guess you'd get the age I am supposed to be, which apparently is 42. Is that calculation sound?
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Josephine wrote: »
    I'm 29 but feel 25 or so. I would say younger if I my body still felt younger. I don't wanna grow up! Most of my friends are a bit younger than me too.

This sounds like me but the numbers would be skewed upward.

Mentally I do feel my age or older. But emotionally I feel younger and I love younger men and have mostly younger friends. When I take the best care of it, my body also feels younger than my years, but only if I am very disciplined and that is not always the case.

Will be interesting when I hit my 40s and 50s, god knows how much I might start to regress ;)
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • fluffywonderdoodlefluffywonderdoodle Posts: 316Registered Users
    Well I'm actually 16, but the way I feel jumps around a LOT.

I have a lot of responsibilities at home, especially watching my 3 younger siblings, so sometimes I feel pretty old, like in the 30s or something... since you know, that's so old. :wink: But I just feel like a mom!

Other times when I'm goofing off with my friends or watching Hannah Montana... I feel about 12.

When I'm at school or stressing over intense homework, I feel about my age. I also feel my age when I'm just driving around with my friends, at a party, or whatever.

Actually, sometimes at parties I feel acutely aware of how young I actually am. Well I don't know. Parties are weird. Sometimes I feel older, younger, or exactly my age. It kind of depends on the people around me...
  • Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
    I'm 20. But emotionally, I'm regressing to the teen years. I never hated high school, but I hate college (at least, I hate my college). I have boy drama.

Physically I feel like a 70 year old. I still go to the gym, but I have achey joints from the damage I did running during high school.

You're amazing. You've basically summed up how I've been feeling. Both knees pop when I move, as well as the left ankle (thank you hurdling), whenever the weather changes the left knee swells and hurts (unbearably at times) so I'm convinced I've got arthritis in it.

Emotionally I find myself sticking to the teenage-ness (somewhat). I too hate my school (it just constantly finds ways to fail me), my boyfriend sucks, and although I'm constantly trying to pass as older (I HATE being asked for id to see rated R movies-- I've been seeing them for 4 years now!!) I still find myself drawn to the Victoria's Secret Pink sweats, and don my UGG boots like they're badges of honor from my HS days.

I'm hoping that with the upcoming college graduation (hopefully december '08!!!) I'll wake up one day and say "okay now I feel like a grad student".

Of course, then I'll need to get rid of all these "teenish" clothes.

Anyway, summing up the venting:

How do I feel? I'll agree with Angular-- 42. 42, dressing like 16.

...at least my hair doesn't look the way it did when I was 16...
    3b/c/f/ii
    Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
    Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
    http://public.fotki.com/skram1113/
    pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner
  • GabbylkpGabbylkp Posts: 197Registered Users
    Physically, I would say early 20's, luckily I don't have to many aches and pains yet! Mentally, sometimes I feel like it's the 80's. I have been through a lot the past couple years.
    Dwight Schrute: [pushing Michael's face into the wet cement] Force it in as deep as you can. Michael Scott: That's what she said.
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    Definitely in my mid to late thirties since having a kid.
    Although someone on the hair board thought I was 16. That was funny.
    hello.world.
  • curlygreekcurlygreek Curl Neophyte Posts: 231Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    with my friends: I feel like i'm 18.
    At my job: I feel like I'm a little younger than I am.
    when it comes to boys: I feel like I'm 12. oy. they will be the death of me lol
    "The crazy starts deep within and just comes spiraling out the top!" ~ best curly hair quote

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file