Am I the only one who likes FrizzEase?

I love this stuff (when I'm using shampoo).

Speckla

Comments

  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Never liked it. Made my hair frizzier.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

    I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

    3a/3b
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    That's ok. You can use a scrunchie to hide the frizz. I find it makes my hair lay down more and no halo.

    Speckla
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    The best one I used is in the purple vial. I quit using it too, but I know it's more soluble than the other ones I used because of what it did on my hands after applying. I think the worst one was not even Frizz Ease, I think it was Citre Shine.
  • tinabcurlytinabcurly Posts: 545Registered Users
    I LOVED Frizz Ease. It was my HG for damn near 20 years. Who the heck knew about buildup & moisture not penetrating & who the heck cared? It made everything lay down nice & flat with a few droppers full of magic.

    Today I know better but I still feel bad when people put it down. It was the only thing out there that worked way back in the day. Actually, I still don't have less frizz 1 1/2 years into CG than I did with Frizz Ease. Huh. Maybe I should just go back.
    3a/b mix
    pw:curlyqs
  • KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    Oh I remember Citre Shine! lol Is it still around?

    I don't "hate" frizz-ease in general it just doesn't work for me at all. It frizzes out my hair just to type it. :laughing7:

    Ok, I'm lying. I do hate it. I hate it because I always wanted that hair that was in the advertisments and I never got it. I wanted it to be MY hg, but it never was. So, I don't really "hate" it, it's more than I'm bitter and jealous of others that it worked so well for.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I'm using the anit-frizz/humidity serum. It's one of the few things that's saving my sanity right now. Ga in the summertime is not good for curly hair.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    always gave me MAJOR surface frizz and the greasies
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • rocky brocky b Posts: 187Registered Users
    it just made my hair a big frizzy poofy mess but different strokes for different folks and stuff like that there.
    3b thick and coarse
    CONS
    VO5 champagne kiss, suave coconut, inecto coconut oil moisturizing condish
    CURL CREMES
    mop c
    GELS
    HE SMU, LA sports gel
    LOW POO'S
    cream of nature

    :afro: cg/modified cg since april 2006
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Speckla wrote: »
    I love this stuff (when I'm using shampoo).

    Speckla

    Hideous stuff. The work of the devil.
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG


    Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had friends who swore by it. But I was always afraid that it would build up on me, so I never tried it. I'm afraid I won't go much beyond Sunsilk in terms of 'cone-age. So Pantene and Frizz-Ease are beyond my comfort zone.
  • aaa00aaaa00a Posts: 284Registered Users
    Kitara wrote: »
    Oh I remember Citre Shine! lol Is it still around?

    I don't "hate" frizz-ease in general it just doesn't work for me at all. It frizzes out my hair just to type it. :laughing7:

    Ok, I'm lying. I do hate it. I hate it because I always wanted that hair that was in the advertisments and I never got it. I wanted it to be MY hg, but it never was. So, I don't really "hate" it, it's more than I'm bitter and jealous of others that it worked so well for.

    It never worked for me either. It gave me horribly frizzy hair. I did, however, like the Down-Play stuff though. It did calm down a little of the volume in my hair, but since my hair is repelled by polyquats and silicones I can't and won't use it anymore.

    I wanted it to be my HG too. I wanted it to be the miracle product that all my friends said it was. It just wasn't...it was the opposite of HG for me.

    I just remebered that I still have a full bottle of the serum and full bottle of downplay which I should get rid of.
    Wavy, dry, protein sensitive, coarse, highly overly porus, very low elasticity, medium-thick density, very prone to split ends
    Avoids: Sulphates, Silicones, Protein, Mineral oil, Petroleum, Polyquaternium, Sodium/Magnesium, Heat
    Mod-CG since June 2007
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    It was my staple for years, the only thing that has ever got my frizz anywhere near under control, even if my hair looked permanently wet. I stopped using it when I found NC but kept half a bottle "just in case". I finally threw it out about 3 months ago.
    3b in South Australia.
  • CurlsAloudCurlsAloud Posts: 55Registered Users
    I got on OK with Dream Curls briefly although ultimately it dried me out. I always have the Secret Agent in my stash - great for getting rid of the poofies after I've blow dried. But I hate, hate, hate the rest of the range.
  • amaraliceamaralice Posts: 302Registered Users
    It gave me 5/6 day hair when I 1st went curly - 3/4 frizzfree. But I suspect the cones dried/ split my ends a lot. Sad when I gave it up to become CG. But new products much better/ healthier.
    Lakshmi's Cupboard
    http://LakshmsCupboard.com

    If I use it, I sell it!

    4A. Hair goal chin level while curly - achieved Oct 2010!
    Next Goal: Shoulder length - Achieved Summer 2012!
    New Goal: Bra Strap Level
    Routine
    DT: Amla Silk Deep Therapy Restorative Masque , rhassoul clay
    Leave-in: Amla Lavender Chamomile Leave-In Hair Cream,, Amla and Honey Detangling Conditioner, Bhaasvataa Oil


    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medusa HeadMedusa Head Posts: 90Registered Users
    Originally, I didn't like it because I would apply it to my wet hair and afterwards I would get frizzy, and greasy hair. Then later, I learned to just apply a lil' bit to my dry hair and bye, bye frizz. It was my secret weapon pre-CG to polish my hair off in the summer. It guaranteed little frizz, hair slightly shiny but not greasy, and soft hair. It was one of those products for me, where a little went a long way. Naturally, I really, really liked it. So no, you are not the only likes FrizzEase.

    Now I'm missing it.:cry: Especially days like today when it is humid and my hair is frizzing...
    ~Hair under construction ~
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes. You are the only one.

    Please send everyone else brownies to apologize for bringing it up.
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Yes. You are the only one.

    Please send everyone else brownies to apologize for bringing it up.

    Make mine double fudge.

    Ahem. I was traumatized by that stuff. It was really bad! It was, um, horrible. Yuk. To this day, whenever I hear the words frizz and ease *twitch* I hyperventilate and faint. The sun goes away and it gets really really dark. I hear these voices and I feel like I'll never be happy again...



    Okay, okay, I've never tried the stuff. But I'm hungry. So please?
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

    beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Poor Speckla ... out on her own little island with only FrizzEase to keep her company !! :laughing7:

    I use to use it all the time. I stopped after discovering nc.com, but it worked well for me. It was one of the few drug store products that I could used and that worked for me.

    I don't use it anymore. I tried it once after changing my "hair diet" and paid for it for days afterwards. if cones aren't an issue for you ... it was one of the products that used to work well for me ... that and Redken's curl products were my HG.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Listen, FBG, I know you're nice and helpful and that I routinely bug you for product updates and usage and all, but really, we're trying to guilt Speckla into making us all brownies, here. So please add a little isolation and a need for regret to your next post to Speckla, okay? CurlyEyes and I are hungry.
    :laughing3:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    LOL! I'll make the brownies but I'm not apologizing. I liked it in the 80's and I still like it during the summer. :occasion9:
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Listen, FBG, I know you're nice and helpful and that I routinely bug you for product updates and usage and all, but really, we're trying to guilt Speckla into making us all brownies, here. So please add a little isolation and a need for regret to your next post to Speckla, okay? CurlyEyes and I are hungry.
    :laughing3:

    :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
    Hey I'm never one to turn down a good brownie ... one look at the size of my butt would confirm that!!!!!

    Seeing as you're now getting 2nd day hair Speckla ... you'll have the time to make brownies !!!!
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Listen, FBG, I know you're nice and helpful and that I routinely bug you for product updates and usage and all, but really, we're trying to guilt Speckla into making us all brownies, here. So please add a little isolation and a need for regret to your next post to Speckla, okay? CurlyEyes and I are hungry.
    :laughing3:

    :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
    Hey I'm never one to turn down a good brownie ... one look at the size of my butt would confirm that!!!!!

    Seeing as you're now getting 2nd day hair Speckla ... you'll have the time to make brownies !!!!

    Sounds good to me. I can make some No Pudge Brownies. They're fatfree and low cal but you can't tell by tasting them!! You'll wanna strap on the pig snout when you see them!!! suuuuweet!:love5::snorting::cyclopsani::happy6:
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't think I've ever tried FrizzEase serum (I have used the mousse and wasn't impressed), but I have used Biosilk Silk Remedy, which probably is about the same thing.

    I didn't like CitreShine, though. It definitely made my hair more frizzy.
  • StepNOutStepNOut Posts: 46Registered Users
    I have never been able to get any of the Frizz Ease Serums to work in my hair. As, the best anti-frizz serum that I have ever used is hands down Sabino Moisture Block!
    "Formerly Syb"
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Brownies!
  • CurledNConfusedCurledNConfused Posts: 40Registered Users
    Horrible on me with fine hair (made it limp and greasy) but works wonders for my mom, who has very coarse, thick hair. She just uses a tiny drop and it helps add shine to her silver hair and helps tame the insane volume she has.

    Maybe it's not so great for curlies since curly hair sometimes leans more toward the finer end and gets volume not from strands but from the loops?
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Speckla wrote: »
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    ninja dog wrote: »
    Listen, FBG, I know you're nice and helpful and that I routinely bug you for product updates and usage and all, but really, we're trying to guilt Speckla into making us all brownies, here. So please add a little isolation and a need for regret to your next post to Speckla, okay? CurlyEyes and I are hungry.
    :laughing3:

    :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
    Hey I'm never one to turn down a good brownie ... one look at the size of my butt would confirm that!!!!!

    Seeing as you're now getting 2nd day hair Speckla ... you'll have the time to make brownies !!!!

    Sounds good to me. I can make some No Pudge Brownies. They're fatfree and low cal but you can't tell by tasting them!! You'll wanna strap on the pig snout when you see them!!! suuuuweet!:love5::snorting::cyclopsani::happy6:
    I've tried them ... very yummy :evil1:
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file