new to NC and new to CG method

klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Registered Users Posts: 183 Curl Connoisseur
Hi y'all!

My name is Kate and I just wanted to say how amazed I am at this website! I wish I had found it sooner! I finally got fed up with putting my hair in a braid or back in a scrunchie. I went out and bought the curly girl handbook, and stumbled upon this website the same day.
I not only have somewhere around 3b-3c kind of curl, I also have red hair, which in my opinion makes management and care twice as hard. I am 23 years old; 23 years of bad haircuts, chemical treatments, frizz and tears. I am blessed with a husband that loves my hair even when it misbehaves or is hiding in a scrunchie. However, it just doesn't make sense to me to go through life fighting my hair! There's enough day to day stress we have to cope with!
Well, I stopped using products that have the laurel sulfates and other detergents about a month ago. I just started the "CG" method two days ago. I can ALREADY see a difference for the better! ALready, my curls are more defined, and even my hair color looks more vibrant (natural hair color; dyed my hair once, and it FRIED my hair, swore never to do it again).
At first I was very skeptical. I mean, how can you possibly go without shampoo?! I've washed and conditioned my hair every single day for years and years. However, unlike coloring or chemically relaxing my hair, if I don't like it, I can always stop right away.
Even though it's only been two days, I'm really happy so far!!! I don't know if this method would work for everyone, but it certainly seems to be working for me!
Thanks so much for this website!

Sincerely,
Kate Lloyd-Majestic
:)
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.
3b, low porosity, CG method
BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
current products: 
  • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
  • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
  • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
  • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
  • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
  • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Comments

• CitznMagCitznMag Registered Users Posts: 66 Curl Neophyte
    Hi Kate. I've been caring for my 3b/c mix the CurlyGirl way since 7/04 and love it, love it, love it. I never realized how my life-activities revolved around my hair. "Wait, I can't workout now--I just spent 2 hours straightening it last night. OR, sorry, can't stay over, didn't bring my hair supplies--what's this mess gonna look like in the morning? OR, OMG it started raining, can't go out now." So welcome and have fun. The Curlies here are great!

Maggie
    3b&c mix, CO (most of the time)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file