Invaded...

StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
Anyone else sense the 'others' we have here..living among us...trying to scam us all out of our wisdom and experience?

And why do I feel like Im flung back into high school?? Pretty sure I hated it the first time..

Is it just me?? I know Im not the only one feeling a little...invaded by teenagers :laughing7:
"Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

Comments

• badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    I feel your pain. :)

I think the big thing that's getting to me - besides the lolspeak - is that when I was that age (not that long ago!), there's no way I would have listened to the people have been giving these girls. It's very good advice, but it's really hard when you're 15 to swallow a lot of it.
  • BiancaBianca Curl Connoisseur Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I could be wrong but I have a feeling that was the "weird" thing that someone started a thread about earlier. A gaggle of 12 year olds posing as 16 year olds and asking really asinine questions.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • SystemSystem Administrator Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    What have I missed?
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users
    i'm sorry =[

*goes and hides in corner...*

guess i gotta go and find another curly hair forum...
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • curlcrazy25curlcrazy25 Posts: 111Registered Users
    Man, and I was actually about to post something serious. But now I'm afraid to...
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Not you Charming Notion... :)
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
    Why? Because you're a teenager?

Don't be. What I'm talking about is the 3 or 4 posters who are most likely all the same person asking the same "Like, oh my Gawd, I totally need help with my boyfriend that I've been in love with for 5 minutes!!!!" question.

I know for certain that there are teenagers in this world, and on this board for certain (where is Sarah Curly Girl??) whose maturity level rivals most adults.

That's why the "lolspeak" and "Oh my Gawd" questions are so annoying. Because teenagers aren't stupid and the ones who pretend to be give the mature ones a bad rep.

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    They must really have nothing to do. So far that's three new users.

I'm pretty sure that you meant the brainless kinds of teenagers.

If not, then the pitchforks come out.:angryfire::wink:
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • cymprenicympreni Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Windflower wrote: »

ITA. You have proven yourself to be quite a mature, intelligent young woman with wisdom beyond your years. I often forget how young you are.
  • RheannaRheanna Posts: 2,614Registered Users
    Bianca wrote: »

Don't be. What I'm talking about is the 3 or 4 posters who are most likely all the same person asking the same "Like, oh my Gawd, I totally need help with my boyfriend that I've been in love with for 5 minutes!!!!" question.

I know for certain that there are teenagers in this world, and on this bored for certain (where is Sarah Curly Girl??) whose maturity level rivals most adults.

That's why the "lolspeak" and "Oh my Gawd" questions are so annoying. Because teenagers aren't stupid and the ones who pretend to be give the mature ones a bad rep.

I just rambled on for 10 minutes in another thread to say what you said here.
    DPTFm5.png
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Curl Connoisseur Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well, it's June...HS is out. It happens every year. Soon enough they'll get bored of message boards and go out and cause real trouble. I only hope they get some good birth control information here before they go.
    cympreni wrote: »
    Windflower wrote: »

ITA. You have proven yourself to be quite a mature, intelligent young woman with wisdom beyond your years. I often forget how young you are.

Yep, and this too. Hehe. I'll just go around quoting other people and not talking myself. You guys do a far better job with it. :)
    DPTFm5.png
    Well, it's June...HS is out. It happens every year. Soon enough they'll get bored of message boards and go out and cause real trouble. I only hope they get some good birth control information here before they go.

Probably more like JR high/middle school. God, at least I hope so. It's one thing if it's 12 year olds but quite another if it's 16 year olds.
    DPTFm5.png
  • curlcrazy25curlcrazy25 Posts: 111Registered Users

Well more of a need advice about a situation with my boyfriend of nearly two years... but I don't want to be lumped together with all the other girls who have been posting

Well more of a need advice about a situation with my boyfriend of nearly two years... but I don't want to be lumped together with all the other girls who have been posting

Ask here.
    The 20 and older crowd on this site post questions about men so often it'll make your head spin. No issues with that. I say post it.

But if you add one "totally" or too many "likes", we're grabbing our canes and walkers and chasing you out of here. :wink:

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    bianca for prez!
    The 20 and older crowd on this site post questions about men so often it'll make your head spin. No issues with that. I say post it.

But if you add one "totally" or too many "likes", we're grabbing our canes and walkers and chasing you out of here. :wink:

Wait up for me...this oxygen tank is heavy!!
  • cymprenicympreni Curl Neophyte Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte

I'm 30 and I totally say totally. Well not all the time. I sometimes say totally. Where's that blush smiley when you need it.
    old.gif Whippersnappersssssss!!!

• 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    I like, totally agree with all of you. Fer shur.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    lolz

like, omgz, me 2!!!!!111
    DPTFm5.png
  • PeppyPeppy Posts: 3,290Registered Users
    I'm like totally confuzzled. Are there three teenage newbies or are they all aliases?

And honestly, to all you other teenagers.....I don't even know which ones of you are teenagers. Unless you start saying "fer sure" or something equally annoying!

L8er dudes!
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    I think they're the same person. Or maybe some young girls who have no life of their own.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • wavybaby(:wavybaby(: Posts: 22Registered Users
    ok so like totally yeah we are invading(: and like not all teenagers are like annoying(: and its like kinda sad that all you guys like know eachother(:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Curl Neophyte Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, it is summer, and I can see how a couple of girlfriends would sign up.

I'm just used to hair questions before the relationship questions I guess.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • LAKKKKK22HollisterLAKKKKK22Hollister Posts: 16Registered Users
    Well, it is summer, and I can see how a couple of girlfriends would sign up.

I'm just used to hair questions before the relationship questions I guess.

thank you^^^
    and we were just having problems that we couldnt find solutions to.
    but you guys have helped us, and we appricate that!
  • g-stringrannyg-stringranny Posts: 2,701Registered Users
    School is out & the children are bored.
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    **Just to add...I dont hate teenagers :) Just the ones that sign up maybe a week ago and jump straight into the relationship issues...most the time I am AMAZED by the level of maturity here...I know I was a bit slow on the uptake when I was just a wee lass :)

:toothy7:
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Curl Neophyte Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    **Just to add...I dont hate teenagers :) Just the ones that sign up maybe a week ago and jump straight into the relationship issues...most the time I am AMAZED by the level of maturity here...I know I was a bit slow on the uptake when I was just a wee lass :)

:toothy7:

Well, I'm sure most of us can remember the intensity of the teen years, when answers coudn't wait and we had to know things right away.

There was no internet (at least not like this)when I was a teen. Some advice from "older" ladies may have done me some good back then, lol.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file