What to do in San Diego?

asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
On Saturday I'm leaving for San Diego. I'll be there for 5 days, and so far I have basically no plans besides sitting in the hotel and going to the pool. :lol:

Anything fun/interesting to do that you could recommend?

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.

Comments

• battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    It really depends on what you like to do - there's plenty. My favorite place was Balboa Park, because I enjoyed the architecture and I like going to museums. I also liked bumming around Hillcrest. There are some fun shops there and a couple of very cool used book stores. If that's not your style, there are several great beaches and some fantastic (but pricey $$$) shopping in La Jolla.

What do you like to do? Will you be alone?
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    tantrum wrote: »
    It really depends on what you like to do - there's plenty. My favorite place was Balboa Park, because I enjoyed the architecture and I like going to museums. I also liked bumming around Hillcrest. There are some fun shops there and a couple of very cool used book stores. If that's not your style, there are several great beaches and some fantastic (but pricey $$$) shopping in La Jolla.

No, I'll be with my sister and maybe my mother for most of the time. I like to go shopping, eat good food, beautiful scenery, see interesting things, and go to the beach. What types of museums are there? Which beaches do you recommend?

mostly 3b, mod CG

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    When I was there it was for a super intensive certification program and I only had one day off in two weeks. So I went to the zoo. The whole thing was really not much cooler than the zoo where I live (but ours is pretty cool), except we do not have pandas. At the time there was even a baby panda.

No, I'll be with my sister and maybe my mother for most of the time. I like to go shopping, eat good food, beautiful scenery, see interesting things, and go to the beach. What types of museums are there? Which beaches do you recommend?

Shopping: Horton Plaza is an outdoor mall downtown. It has a wide variety of shops, from your typical mall stores to high-end stores to funky specialty stores. There's also a lot of good shopping in the area around the mall - all within walking distance. You can take the trolley downtown to get there, or if you have a rental car, you can park in their parking garage.

Good food: Old Town has some excellent restaurants. You can spend a whole day just walking around and taking in the history there.

Balboa Park has the best museums if you want to see interesting things. I recommend the Timken, a free admission art museum. I also recommend the Museum of Man - there are some great exhibits in there. For scenery, take a drive up to Mt. Soledad. The views are breathtaking. And the best beach for visitors is probably La Jolla, but my personal favorite was Ocean Beach (it's little too grungy for some people).

Have fun...SD is the most beautiful place I've ever lived and I miss it dearly. :(

Shopping: Horton Plaza is an outdoor mall downtown. It has a wide variety of shops, from your typical mall stores to high-end stores to funky specialty stores. There's also a lot of good shopping in the area around the mall - all within walking distance. You can take the trolley downtown to get there, or if you have a rental car, you can park in their parking garage.

Good food: Old Town has some excellent restaurants. You can spend a whole day just walking around and taking in the history there.

Balboa Park has the best museums if you want to see interesting things. I recommend the Timken, a free admission art museum. I also recommend the Museum of Man - there are some great exhibits in there. For scenery, take a drive up to Mt. Soledad. The views are breathtaking. And the best beach for visitors is probably La Jolla, but my personal favorite was Ocean Beach (it's little too grungy for some people).

Have fun...SD is the most beautiful place I've ever lived and I miss it dearly. :(

I'll tell it that you say hi. :)

Thank you so much! I'll write this stuff down and take it with me. I'll definitely have to check some of it out!

ETA: Oh, and I can already imagine how beautiful it is. Just the hotel is already beautiful. :love1:

mostly 3b, mod CG

Well, I'm back! My flight just came in about two hours ago. San Diego was absolutely gorgeous, Tantrum. Old Town was one of my favorites, and Seaport Village was adorable. Thanks so much for the suggestions, I had a blast! I can see why you miss it.

mostly 3b, mod CG

I'm glad you had a good time!:toothy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file