Ack, stupid ebay! What do I do?

automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
I feel dumb for not having caught this sooner, but apparently someone used my account to purchase a few things, and left feedback for the sellers.

I found it through looking at my "feedback left for others" section.

It says I won some jewelry for $2.99, and a piece of art for 99 cents. Both sellers are in China. The most recent purchase was June 5.

There's a third item that I supposedly won, but the link says it's an Invalid Item.

None of the sellers left feedback for me, however. It was really weird seeing my name on those auctions, because unless I hit my head REALLY hard, I never bid on those things. :lol: I'm glad they weren't more expensive items.

I haven't seen any of these payments in my bank statements through PayPal. Does this mean the person who hacked my account might have paid with other means?

So, I've heard all these horror stories about people trying to work with eBay and not getting anywhere. What in the heck do I do here?

Comments

• SpunkyCurlsSpunkyCurls Posts: 1,523Registered Users
    Reporting Account Theft.

Also, change your password to something with 8 characters and alpha numeric... you might even throw in a capital letter too.
    <insert signature line here>
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Right; if it's anything like credit card fraud, they do a couple smaller transactions before they do a bigger one.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    I did change my password, and the other security thingymabobs.

Thanks for the link! Reporting it right now.

Looks like I got off pretty lucky. What tipped me off was the bad spelling and use of all caps in the feedback the person left. :lol: I was like, "That's not how you spell 'recommended' HEY WAIT A MINUTE."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file