Hair nightmares? Anyone else?

UTgalUTgal Posts: 320Registered Users
Since going CG two weeks ago I've had one nightmare. The night after a DT I had a nightmare that the olive oil I'd used completely ruined my hair. It had stripped away all curl.

I woke up in a sweat!

Anyone else?
2c w/a bit of 3a
Fine & plentiful, no dyes
bioInfusion the Gentle One Shampoo
Currently loving:
Deva ArcAngell
Deva Set it Free

Curly since 6/17/2008.
oregonian_showersmile.gif
http://public.fotki.com/UTgal/
PW: browncurls

Comments

• tinabcurlytinabcurly Posts: 545Registered Users
    I have hair nightmares all the time. Most times its that I end up with tangles so bad I have to shave my head. Aaaaggghh!

I also get VERY weird dreams when I do overnight DTs. Not nightmares, just disturbing dreams that wake me up every hour or so. It's so crazy how my hair affects my life.
    3a/b mix
    pw:curlyqs
  • SapphireMoonSapphireMoon Posts: 123Registered Users
    Oh, I've had those before!
    They scare me so bad, usually when I wake up from them I still think its true, and then I finally realize it was a dream.
    I always forget my dreams after a few days, but a few I remember is: after washing out a deep treatment I turned around and looked into the mirror and all my hair had turned blue! I was really upset haha.
    And then another one I had was: after using my new conditioner I airdryed my hair, but once it was dry I started to notice it felt thinner and then it started coming in handfulls... I was horrified. I still remember looking down at my fist full of hair, it was awful.

Its funny to think back on those dreams and remember what a panic I was in, haha.
    -2c/3a

"For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day." -Audrey Hepburn

Fotki updated January 9 2009
    http://public.fotki.com/Sapphire-Moon/
    pswd: curls
  • CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    I had a dream that I was walking down the school hallway, when I suddenly realised my hair was plopped, and everyone was staring at me.

Also, I had a dream that I was searching every single store and they had no Biotera gel. Then, I broke my leg, and so my friends searched, and finally found some at CVS. When I got there, it was 3 dollars, so I decided it was too expensive and walked away.

People, I don't even use that gel. I've never tried it. I don't even know what it looks like. I just have weird dreams in general.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    Oh, I've had those before!
    They scare me so bad, usually when I wake up from them I still think its true, and then I finally realize it was a dream.
    I always forget my dreams after a few days, but a few I remember is: after washing out a deep treatment I turned around and looked into the mirror and all my hair had turned blue! I was really upset haha.
    And then another one I had was: after using my new conditioner I airdryed my hair, but once it was dry I started to notice it felt thinner and then it started coming in handfulls... I was horrified. I still remember looking down at my fist full of hair, it was awful.

Its funny to think back on those dreams and remember what a panic I was in, haha.

To match your username! :lol: If a DT turned my hair bright blue, I'm sure I'd panic at first wondering what chemicals got into it and how, but after that, I'd actually be pretty excited...I'd be like, I have blue hair! SWEET!!!

And if my mom made comments, I could tell her truthfully it was an accident - everybody wins. :toothy7:
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I live a hair nightmare daily in this climate! :p

No, seriously, I have only had one nightmare. I believe it was about having frizz galore. I've had good dreams too, but don't remember them. And all only started this spring, that I know of. It's only taken 5 yrs?!
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Posts: 3,135Registered Users
    Mine are usually haircuts.
  • curls of summercurls of summer Posts: 56Registered Users
    Strange you should bring up nightmares today; just last night I had a dream that my hair was falling...In the dream (I mean, nightmare) I would gently try to remove any loose hair tangled with the rest, like we do after a shower or something..just gently pulling with our hands., and chunks and chunks of curly locks were coming off in my hand...I was scared out of my wits! I was so relieved when I woke up; that dream seemed so real!
    2-3A
    Regulars: White Rain Tropical Coconut, Tigi MM, AG Re:coil, Liquid Effects, Hard Jel, Mop-C Curl Defining Creme, Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    Occasional low-poo: Healthy Sexy Hair Chocolate Soymilk shampoo, Devacare Low-Poo
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Posts: 1,031Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CurlyEyes wrote: »
    I had a dream that I was walking down the school hallway, when I suddenly realised my hair was plopped, and everyone was staring at me.

funny! now I walk around with my hair plopped quite a bit, out from the lake, when i color, or just when i go out w wet hair in cold weather. Plopping is great style for me :)
    my nightmare is that i wake up with a really ugly short haircut. phew.
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I have dreams that my hair falls out or I go to get a trim and end up bald. Puts me in a panic and than I wake up and have to quickly look in the mirror.

Speckla

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file