Welcome back...

HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
...Dittos?!?

They're not your mother's Dittos (or, for us old ladies, YOUR Dittos)--especially not at that price! Triple digits for Dittos? I remember my one pair was $10!

Besides, Dittos are not truly Dittos without that big, stupid horseshoe on the butt.
OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
:lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:

Comments

  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had some of these in the 6th grade timeframe. I can't believe they are pricey and all that now. Weird
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

    Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • realisticrealistic Posts: 2,222Registered Users Curl Novice
    I hate that high-waisted jeans are coming back in style. :sad8:
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I know Dittoes were high-waisted, but the jeans in the link (the new Dittoes) don't look high-waisted at all...and that's a good thing.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Rock on with your bad self.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    LOL PartyHair I was thinking that same thing. If those are high waist then mine are practically up to my boobs!!
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    Kitara wrote: »
    LOL PartyHair I was thinking that same thing. If those are high waist then mine are practically up to my boobs!!
    I don't think they know, either, considering this is what they call high-waisted. How funny. I didn't even notice that.

    I guess high-waisted is anything you don't need a bikini wax for?
    OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
    :lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

    I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • CsaracCsarac Posts: 861Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ick. No thank you.

    Dittos and the leggings with the strap around your foot should NEVER EVER come back, imo.
    HG: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee (always and forever)
    Cantu Naturals s & c (shampoo 1x a week), use conditioner as a co-wash every day and LI under my gel.


    Air dry then diffuse canapy layers only for volume
    Coconut oil before/after coloring grays and on ends.

    2b/c mix waves/curls - coarse, frizz prone, med. thick, porous, at-home color, protein sensitive but I still need it sometimes, glycerin-sensitive (I think) in high humidity. After 16 years on NC.com I FINALLY figured it out..

  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    realistic wrote: »
    I hate that high-waisted jeans are coming back in style. :sad8:
    Huh? Did they go out? :sad11:


    :laughing6:
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Csarac wrote: »
    Ick. No thank you.

    Dittos and the leggings with the strap around your foot should NEVER EVER come back, imo.

    I LOVED my stirrup pants! Had them in every freaking color and even had some that had an odd piping/crease look like thing down the middle of them. Dayyyum - I was hot!
    Central Massachusetts

    One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

    In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have no idea what dittos are.
    Guess I'm old :)
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"



    "If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Never heard of Dittos, but those are cute. Not worth the $$ though.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

    Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    These are high waisted.

    scarlett.jpg
    Central Massachusetts

    One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

    In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    Mar wrote: »
    I have no idea what dittos are.
    Guess I'm old :)
    Huh??!!?? Aren't you around my age--42? My town was in a fashion vacuum, and even *I* had dittos back in the mid-70s. You know, those colored, tight "jeans" with the horseshoe that started at the bottom cuff of one leg and continued over the butt and ended at the bottom of the other pant leg?

    No way you are too old to remember Dittos!
    OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
    :lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

    I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote: »
    These are high waisted.

    scarlett.jpg
    Definitely! And that's how all pants other than "low rise" pants fit me because of my short waist. :thumbdown:
    OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
    :lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

    I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    Honeycurls wrote: »
    Mar wrote: »
    I have no idea what dittos are.
    Guess I'm old :)
    Huh??!!?? Aren't you around my age--42? My town was in a fashion vacuum, and even *I* had dittos back in the mid-70s. You know, those colored, tight "jeans" with the horseshoe that started at the bottom cuff of one leg and continued over the butt and ended at the bottom of the other pant leg?

    No way you are too old to remember Dittos!

    I'm 39 and don't remember those either. I did grow up in Alaska though!
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    meryn wrote: »
    Honeycurls wrote: »
    Mar wrote: »
    I have no idea what dittos are.
    Guess I'm old :)
    Huh??!!?? Aren't you around my age--42? My town was in a fashion vacuum, and even *I* had dittos back in the mid-70s. You know, those colored, tight "jeans" with the horseshoe that started at the bottom cuff of one leg and continued over the butt and ended at the bottom of the other pant leg?

    No way you are too old to remember Dittos!

    I'm 39 and don't remember those either. I did grow up in Alaska though!
    Maybe Dittos actually came and went in the 60s, but my little town didn't get them until the mid-late 70s--and thought we were being all fashionable. Being in a fashion vacuum and all, I wouldn't doubt it. Back in the day before MTV and Internet, it was nearly impossible to keep up with the latest trends if you were too far off the beaten path...not like today. I am still shocked to find how much more current kids in small towns are today.

    How about Chemin de Fer or San Francisco Riding Gear jeans? Anyone remember those? Chemin de Fer jeans also had those big hobo-style purses.
    OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
    :lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

    I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    realistic wrote: »
    I hate that high-waisted jeans are coming back in style. :sad8:
    PartyHair wrote: »
    I know Dittoes were high-waisted, but the jeans in the link (the new Dittoes) don't look high-waisted at all...and that's a good thing.

    I hate high-waisted jeans too, being a woman of barely any length between my ribs and hip bones. :evil1: Those new ones are not high-waisted. But I hope all low-rise don't go away, as they fit me at the belly button! I remember all the stomach aches I used to get because my pants used to go up over my ribs. :sad8:

    Dittos were around in the 70s-80s. I wore them then. Mar, you're my age, they didn't have them in your area?! :!:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file