Female question...

JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I am just curious if anyone else has had this experience and if it's something I need to consult my doc about. I have never had regular periods unless I am on the pill. I went off the pill in Sept b/c I was sick of the side effects, and since then my periods have been wacky. I had one cycle that was exactly 4 weeks, another that was about 7 or 8, etc. Now it's been 11 weeks since my last period. I have had brown spotting twice in this cycle, for a week straight each time. What the heck is going on? I took a pregnancy test a few wks ago (negative) and I guess I'll take another one, but I really don't think I am pregnant. I can't really go to my doc right now b/c I just started a new job and my doc is 45 min away from work, so taking time off would be a pain. Any thoughts?

Comments

• LilahLilah Posts: 916Registered Users
    I know a lot of women that have irregular cycles unless they're on the pill but I think you should still talk with a professional. Knowing that you are healthy is more important than a job-- I don't think it would be a huge sacrifice to take a day off to make sure everything is okay with your body.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I actually just looked this up myself recently. According to what I read, spotting during ovulation can be normal especially for long cycles. Or it could be breakthrough bleeding, also common for long cycles. Or implantation bleeding, so another pregnancy test probably wouldn't hurt.

It can take several cycles for your system to even out more. They say about 6 cycles, although mine took longer. Actually at about 12 cycles instead of being really irregular they started becoming pretty regular, only varying by a few days, least the last few cycles.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I was perfectly regular while taking the pill, pretty much down to the hour I knew when my period was going to start. After going off of it, my cycles ranged from 32 to 54 days. They are still kind of irregular, but I know what the "signs" are that it's on it's way.

You should check out the "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" book by Toni Weschler. It helps you learn your PM signs and also might be a good indicator if you have something else going on that's making you irregular.

How old are you?
    :rambo:
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    M2LR wrote: »
    You should check out the "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" book by Toni Weschler. It helps you learn your PM signs and also might be a good indicator if you have something else going on that's making you irregular.

How old are you?

I am 22.

I know the signs that it's on it's way, and I have not seen any of those in the last 11 weeks. I started doing the charting and everything from the TCYF book a few months ago, but I had a hard time keeping up with it at the time.

• M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    M2LR wrote: »

How old are you?

I am 22.

I know the signs that it's on it's way, and I have not seen any of those in the last 11 weeks. I started doing the charting and everything from the TCYF book a few months ago, but I had a hard time keeping up with it at the time.

How long were you on the pill? It might just be taking your body some time to get regular without the fake hormones and all of that, too.
    If you are still concerned at least a call to the OB might be a good idea, but generally if you're concerned about a regular cycle, they just put you on the pill. Many women who were irregular before the pill are irregular when they go off of it, which makes sense.
    :rambo:
  • SoaringSirenSoaringSiren Posts: 765Registered Users
    I am just curious if anyone else has had this experience and if it's something I need to consult my doc about. I have never had regular periods unless I am on the pill. I went off the pill in Sept b/c I was sick of the side effects, and since then my periods have been wacky. I had one cycle that was exactly 4 weeks, another that was about 7 or 8, etc. Now it's been 11 weeks since my last period. I have had brown spotting twice in this cycle, for a week straight each time. What the heck is going on? I took a pregnancy test a few wks ago (negative) and I guess I'll take another one, but I really don't think I am pregnant. I can't really go to my doc right now b/c I just started a new job and my doc is 45 min away from work, so taking time off would be a pain. Any thoughts?

I always had this problem too before I went on the pill. My cycle got even more irregular when I went away to college...to the point where I'd get nothing but week long brown spotting...no periods! I thought that there was something wrong with me, but the gyno said that I was fine. She said something about it being...old or dried out blood?? (sorry if tmi) Then I went on the pill for a year and everything was fine.

I just stopped taking the pill just over a month ago. I managed to get a normal cycle recently without the pill, though maybe it was luck? I guess I'll have to wait and see if things go wacky again...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't be too worried, but go see a doctor just to be sure (and to ease your mind).
    3a locks!
    Daily Products!: Suave Naturals Coconut, Jessicurl WDT, MOP-C, Biotera Curl Creme, & LA Looks Sports Gel!
    ^^^Proof that you can be CG without spending tons of money! =) ^^^

CG since April 5th, 2008!

http://public.fotki.com/SoaringSIren/
    pw: lotsofcurls
    jillipoo wrote: »
    Boy, it really depends on the gel (and the weather, and the position of the stars, and what kind of mischief Britney Spears has gotten into).

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file