Suggestions? Mah finger hurts.
made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    CurlyEyes wrote: »
    Suggestions? Mah finger hurts.

Ice. Water. Ice water.

Really...you shouldn't put anything on a burn other than ice and water. Lotions and potions aren't recommended. Keep it clean and covered lightly (with something that won't stick, like sterile gauze). Take some tylenol or ibuprophen for the pain.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Do NOT put oils or moisturizers on it! That includes topical medications, like Neosporin, that come in a cocoa butter base. They can interfere with the healing process.

If it's just first-degree, your best bet is probably to take some OTC pain medication. You can take acetaminophen/paracetamol and ibuprofen together, since they're metabolized differently. When I'm dealing with a severe sore throat or something, I'll get acetaminophen (Tylenol) and ibuprofen pills that are each recommended for four doses in 24 hours (or 1 dose every 6 hours). I'll take a dose of one, then a dose of the other 3 hours later, and so on. Since the doses are staggered, I don't have to worry about the pain coming back as one dose wears off.
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    How bad is it? I burned my finger pretty badly just before going to the movie one night, snagged a piece of aloe, opened it up and slapped it on there and kept it on all night. No blister the next day.

If it is sunburn....lukewarm bath with apple cider vinegar in it. If you have pure aloe for your hair, use it on your bod.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sugar. But you must do it right away or it doesn't do anything. Wet the area, apply sugar, allow to dry, rinse.
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    if it's a blistery burn, soak your finger in a solution of epsom salt and warm water for 10 minutes, a couple of times a day.
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    wild~hair wrote: »
    Sugar. But you must do it right away or it doesn't do anything. Wet the area, apply sugar, allow to dry, rinse.

How cool. Does this work for a sunburn, or just like burning your arm on the stove or iron or something?

I've also applied lavender essential oil directly to it and that works...which is cool and the way that the healing power of lavender essential oil was found.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    Thanks for all the advice. I was de-panning some biscuits, and they were really stuck. So I held the pan with my finger and pulled off the biscuit. The pain didn't set in until it had been held there for a while, so it really hurt.

I filled up a bowl with ice water and pretty much froze my finger, but it worked well, and the blister is really small.

My mom used to always resort to sugar for everything. Once, when I cut up my finger by putting it in between a moving bicycle chain, my mom put sugar on the cut. It was kinda hard explaining it to the ER people.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file