So, my daughter wants to meet me. (with wedding pics 5/7/11

Comments

• CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    I am so happy for you!
    2b/3a.
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I'm so glad things are working out well!
    ehLB.jpg
  • Koukla72Koukla72 Posts: 1,680Registered Users
    Edited due to a cyberstalker. Sorry, guys. :(
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    I'm so glad it's going so well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Posts: 3,465Registered Users
    Yay! Thanks for sharing an update with us! This is the best thread ever. :love7:
  • KeeweeKeewee Posts: 1,376Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow thats a great story, I am glad everything is going so well for you...
    3A some 3b Total Product Junkie
    P/Wmarissa
    http://public.fotki.com/Keewee
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I'm so glad things are going well, RCC. I've wondered if you two kept in touch and how it was going. She sounds like a lovely young lady.

What heartwarming story. :)
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm so happy to hear you two are building a relationship and enjoying getting to know each other. Thanks for updating.

This is such a great, feel-good thread. :D
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Awesome! :)
    does she like football?

:laughing7:

Yes, she does! She is very much the Steelers fan. Good girl. :)

Thank you all for your well wishes and support! It means a ton.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • anonnymouseanonnymouse Posts: 1,340Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That's really great. I'm so glad things are working out the way they are!
    7931.gif7932.gif7933.gifUntitled-vi.png
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    How wonderful! I'm so glad things are working out so well. :)
  • QuirkyYoginiQuirkyYogini Posts: 569Registered Users
    That is just so wonderful! I had to stop reading a few times so I wouldn't cry. I'm so glad that it's working well for you guys.

I also think it's neat that she is a wavie! Maybe your beautiful hair will convince her to embrace them!
    I have 3c hair that I haven't straightened in over 5 years. It's just past shoulder length when dry, and almost waist length when pulled straight.

Products:
    9/02/08 Went CG
    05/12/09 Still CG. Cowashing with VO5 Lavender Luster. I then condition with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Styling with VO5 Lavender Luster conditioner with my wide-toothed comb.

http://public.fotki.com/QuirkyYogini/

• cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    I just finished reading your story, and I'm glad it worked out so great.
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    I am so happy for you!

I am too :)
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    This is the coolest thread, RCC! I'm so happy that you're getting to have a relationship w/ your daughter and that it's nice and drama free. :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    How wonderful!
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
    Something of an update...

It was a year ago today that my daughter and I reunited in person.

Things are still going well, and we keep in touch pretty regularly. Heck, we're texting right now about the "Meet the Birth Mom" anniversary

Her Mom has mellowed out a lot and is no longer worried that I am going to try to step in and play Mom.

I've met much of her family, and she has met mine and her Bio Dad's.

Her college graduation was interesting. Her parents threw her a nice dinner where the rented out the top floor of local restaurant. Her family, my family, and bio Dad's family allllll showed up.

I hadn't seen the Dad and his family in over 10 years. It was weird, but nice, to see them again. So many of her extended family cam over and chatted at length with both of us. Two of her young (5 ish) cousins love playing with me because I look like their favorite cousin, lol.

I've been happy by the relative lack of awkwardness. I seem to have found a role that is part friend/part Aunt. She finds me to be too young to be a "real mom" of an adult, which makes sense since her parents and my parents are the same age.

It's been a really great year building a relationship, and the support I have received here has been immeasurable. Thank you all.

• LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    I'm so glad (re)meeting her and her family has turned out well for you, RCC. It's great that you are feeling like you have a role in her life and her family is accepting and welcoming. I hope this new relationship continues to blossom and bring you much happiness. :)
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    SydneyCurl wrote: »
    I'm so glad (re)meeting her and her family has turned out well for you, RCC. It's great that you are feeling like you have a role in her life and her family is accepting and welcoming. I hope this new relationship continues to blossom and bring you much happiness. :)

Ditto. I'm glad everything is working out for you.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    RCC, I am so glad to hear that it's working out so well for you!!!
    :rambo:
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Posts: 910Registered Users
    I'm happy for you and your new relationship. It is funny how things turn out. I know she is glad to have you in her life. Congratulations! :)
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Very :cool:...
    That's wild about her folks being the same age as yours...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Very :cool:...
    That's wild about her folks being the same age as yours...

Well, my parents are quite young to have a kid my age. They are 58 and 61.

• sassysuzannesassysuzanne Posts: 501Registered Users
    What an awesome story. Congratulations RCC. Your daughter looks so much like you, it must have been a little weird. Same hips, stance, smile, wow. My best friend is adopted and she would love to meet her birth family. Unfortunately, she came from an orphanage in China and will probably never have the opportunity. My hats off to you for making such a difficult decision at such a young age and for handling all of this so well....
    Suzanne

3b/fine/porous/dry/still trying to figure out density...:confused:

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you for the update. :) I'm glad you have found a niche and are building a relationship with her. Happy Anniversary! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Boomygrrl, I thought about you when I noticed the mannerisms. :)

I guess it's something most "regular" parents take for granted at some point, but it was so weird to see someone looking me and acting like me. Even the way we hold our elbows, hands and legs for a picture was so similar. It was wild.

Interestingly, with her hair flat-ironed, I can see that the shape of her eyes comes from her birthfather.
    It's amazing to me how much mannerisms are genetic. My daughter has always been very much like me and I figured it was because she learned my mannerisms. When my husband died my son was 1. Now at 6 he has so many of his dad's mannerisms, the way he walks, faces he makes, etc. I am convinced it is genetic.

RCC I am so happy this has worked out for both of you. I can only imagine what thinking of her all those years was like and to now have a connection must be amazing. I just read this entire thread and teared up quite a few times. What a great story.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Boomygrrl, I thought about you when I noticed the mannerisms. :)

I guess it's something most "regular" parents take for granted at some point, but it was so weird to see someone looking me and acting like me. Even the way we hold our elbows, hands and legs for a picture was so similar. It was wild.

Interestingly, with her hair flat-ironed, I can see that the shape of her eyes comes from her birthfather.
    It's amazing to me how much mannerisms are genetic. My daughter has always been very much like me and I figured it was because she learned my mannerisms. When my husband died my son was 1. Now at 6 he has so many of his dad's mannerisms, the way he walks, faces he makes, etc. I am convinced it is genetic.

RCC I am so happy this has worked out for both of you. I can only imagine what thinking of her all those years was like and to now have a connection must be amazing. I just read this entire thread and teared up quite a few times. What a great story.

I do find it interesting to see how some mannerisms look genetic.

I'm glad that your son has some of his father's mannerisms and expressions; it leaves a little piece of him here.

• tiramisu62tiramisu62 Posts: 46Registered Users
    I know i am a little late here but what a fantastic story! you are both very lucky to have each other.
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    Thanks for sharing your story. Reading this thread and seeing the photo of you and your daughter really made my day. I'm glad things are still progressing well for the two of you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file