So, my daughter wants to meet me. (with wedding pics 5/7/11

18910111214»

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    frau, you slay me :laughing2:
    rcc..how funny about bf & Big Ben :joker:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Frau, I'm sorry. I didn't think about how boyfriend, birth father, and bio father are all BF. I'm surprised there wasn't more confusion!

Yes, the first pic is of me and my boyfriend of about a year and a half. The men in the blurry indoor pics are tied to the biological family in one way or another. My camera didn't do well at all with the chapel lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • CanItBeChristineCanItBeChristine Posts: 6,343Registered Users
    frau wrote: »
    frau's thoughts while viewing rcc's new wedding pics:
    oh, aren't they cute.
    i guess they're getting married at the courthouse since she's not wearing a wedding dress.
    wait a minute....if that's the bride, then who???
    no, that's not rcc....is it?
    then who is that guy?
    wait, read frau, READ!
    oh....he's cute.
    i wonder if they can get back together, they look like they would make a good couple.
    oh...doesn't her daughter look just like her?
    i wonder how old rcc was when she had her??
    i guess rcc was really young...like 15 because they look the same age.
    i better not ask how old she was when she had her because that would be rude.
    41??? (looks back at pics to find old people flaws...finds none)
    oh-em-gee, her hair is gor-geous! so pretty...i wonder if she used kinky curly pudding?
    what? a 30 year old boyfriend?!
    well, of course she looks 30 years old herself.
    i wonder why he didn't come?
    then again....i guess enough was going on already.
    looking forward to more pics!

congrats rcc!! and may your first grandchild be a masculine one!
    (just kidding, it was from the godfather)

You are so hilarious, frau!

Great pictures and you really do look so much alike! How wonderful that she was able to expand her family and has so many more people in her life to love her now!
    About 5 of the professional pics are done. They look nice! I can't wait until they are all ready. :)

• CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    This story warms my heart every time I revisit it.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us!
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
    Curlyminx wrote: »
    This story warms my heart every time I revisit it.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story with us!

I like being able to share it! It really is happy and worked out so well. Makes me feel quite happy.

• misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    I am just now seeing the update. Both you and your daughter look lovely!

What a heartwarming story. And thank you - I am so glad you have shared your story. :love5:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The only one a bit off was the biodad's mom. She was polite as the occasion required, but mostly standoffish and aloof. She wanted me and biodad to marry, and I was very agaisnt it.

You've been so open about everything, I hope you don't mind me asking...

Did bio-dad's parents (or your parents) express any desire to be the adoptive parents to your daughter back then?

(I ask, because I have thought about such a scenario for myself. Being the mom of mostly boys, I know I'd have very little say if one of them found themselves in an unplanned pregnancy situation, but I would hope that if the woman couldn't raise the child, she'd maybe let me do it.)
    I don't mind at all, RCW. There aren't a ton of adoption and reunion stories out there, so it's pretty important to me to be open about it. I think more stories are needed from the least chosen option of teen pregnancy.

His mom really wanted us to marry. The thought of her son fathering a child out of wedlock really offended her religious sensibilities. She was really put off when I said no. I was a pretty meek teen, and this was the first time I really had to stick up for myself in any way. I cared for the birth father, but I knew I didn't want to marry him, and I really didn't want to be married at 17. My dad had to step in and defend my decision on that. The birth father's parents were married at the time, but the birth father's father is an alcoholic and wasn't real functional during all of this. I don't know what his views were.

My mom had said that I had to make my own choice about my pregnancy, but that she wasn't raising my child for me. My siblings and I were older teens at that point, and I don't think she relished the idea of starting over. When she looks back, she thinks it was kind of a harsh decision. She is pretty young (60), and was 35 when my daughter was born. She could have dealt with it, I suppose. But, I see many women raising the children of their teen children, and I'm glad I didn't go that route. There just seems to be less of a clear maternal figure sometimes when the mom is too young and/or irresponsible to do the job and the grandmother has a lot on her plate already.

The harder part was with my father's sister. She is infertile due issues with ACH. She had been on a waiting list for years. She really wanted my baby, and I probably would have caved on that one, but most of the adults in the family thought that would be a messy option. My daughter's new mother would really be her great aunt. It was just too much.

Oddly, my aunt got a baby boy about two weeks after my daughter was born. In fact, they got the boy that my daughter's adoptive parents were supposed to get. Weird. But, it's a small world. As much as I love my aunt and uncle, they weren't the best of parents. They struggled and their son ended up bring a teen dad, married the girl, and they now struggle with income. Vicious cycle. He also found his birth parents, but it hasn't worked out as well since his birth mother pushed for a more maternal role than my cousin wanted.

For years, the town gossip told him that he was really my son. I still hate that old biddy. A part of him believed it until he met his birth family. All those years of us telling him that I had a girl didn't matter on some level.

All in all, I feel that my daughter was best off with the family that she got. They love her dearly and raised her well, much better than I could have done at 17.

I know this sounds so convoluted now, lol. So, feel free to ask for any clarification.

I can see how the parental lines would be iffy with a daughter's baby. I think it would be a bit different with a son's baby though. In any event, it sounds like you really did make the best decision for you and your daughter. I wouldn't have relinquished to the aunt either. That would just be too awkward.

Thanks so much for sharing and allowing us to watch this all unfold over the past few years. It's been very enlightening for me.
    I hadn't thought about the difference between the child of the son as opposed to the child of the daughter. I can see how it would differ though. It seems that more responsibility falls on the mother of the daughter in these cases.

I've really enjoyed sharing the story. It's really interesting to read the beginning, like having a public journal of the reunion process. The support I've gotten here has been really helpful and appreciated.

The wedding pics are done!!!!!!!

If anyone wants to look, they are here.

http://www.foreveramasterpiece.com/?load=html

Select Client Log In and then select weddings.

Password is 0507

It does ask for an email. I don't know if it will be kept or stored, so I understand if people don't want to look due to that.

They turned out really well! :)

• maria_imaria_i Posts: 1,764Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

They turned out really well! :)

So true! :love7:
    I love, love, love this thread.
    3a/b.
    Mexico City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    They are just so cute together! I really love the outdoor photos, just beautiful.

Thank you for sharing!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    Beautiful! I'm so happy for you and your daughter, RCC.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,211Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wonderful!!! This is like a storybook ending - but I hope it is just the beginning for you and your daughter. Both gorgeous.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • CurlyminxCurlyminx Posts: 5,581Registered Users
    Absolutely beautiful! :)
    tumblr_mk2chrdnQe1qzwi58o1_500.gif
    Mix of 3s, thick, coarse, medium porosity

Current hair styling technique: rake with a scrunch at the end. (works with my coarse hair)

http://public.fotki.com/curlymix/
    pw: curls

Known HGs: KCCC, homemade fsg, honey
  • TRBLTRBL Posts: 5,294Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Lovely!

If you don't want to put in your email address you can put in a fake one... I used [email protected]
    When I grow up, I wanna be a Jiujitsu Turtle!

My british name, courtesy of Ninja Dog Shade Haven-Staffordshire: TRBL Hough Jewelstone Turtleneck

Its chaos a few hairs at a time. ~Minxy

"Dispute not with her: she is lunatic." -Richard III
  • AmberWavesAmberWaves Posts: 231Registered Users
    Lovely pics. Lovely story.
    AmberWaves
    3c/4a
  • AmberWavesAmberWaves Posts: 231Registered Users
    I don't mind at all, RCW. There aren't a ton of adoption and reunion stories out there, so it's pretty important to me to be open about it. I think more stories are needed from the least chosen option of teen pregnancy.

His mom really wanted us to marry. The thought of her son fathering a child out of wedlock really offended her religious sensibilities. She was really put off when I said no. I was a pretty meek teen, and this was the first time I really had to stick up for myself in any way. I cared for the birth father, but I knew I didn't want to marry him, and I really didn't want to be married at 17. My dad had to step in and defend my decision on that. The birth father's parents were married at the time, but the birth father's father is an alcoholic and wasn't real functional during all of this. I don't know what his views were.

My mom had said that I had to make my own choice about my pregnancy, but that she wasn't raising my child for me. My siblings and I were older teens at that point, and I don't think she relished the idea of starting over. When she looks back, she thinks it was kind of a harsh decision. She is pretty young (60), and was 35 when my daughter was born. She could have dealt with it, I suppose. But, I see many women raising the children of their teen children, and I'm glad I didn't go that route. There just seems to be less of a clear maternal figure sometimes when the mom is too young and/or irresponsible to do the job and the grandmother has a lot on her plate already.

The harder part was with my father's sister. She is infertile due issues with ACH. She had been on a waiting list for years. She really wanted my baby, and I probably would have caved on that one, but most of the adults in the family thought that would be a messy option. My daughter's new mother would really be her great aunt. It was just too much.

Oddly, my aunt got a baby boy about two weeks after my daughter was born. In fact, they got the boy that my daughter's adoptive parents were supposed to get. Weird. But, it's a small world. As much as I love my aunt and uncle, they weren't the best of parents. They struggled and their son ended up bring a teen dad, married the girl, and they now struggle with income. Vicious cycle. He also found his birth parents, but it hasn't worked out as well since his birth mother pushed for a more maternal role than my cousin wanted.

For years, the town gossip told him that he was really my son. I still hate that old biddy. A part of him believed it until he met his birth family. All those years of us telling him that I had a girl didn't matter on some level.

All in all, I feel that my daughter was best off with the family that she got. They love her dearly and raised her well, much better than I could have done at 17.

I know this sounds so convoluted now, lol. So, feel free to ask for any clarification.

Wow! Small world, indeed. The part about your aunt reminds me of that episode of Teen Mom when the young girl had the baby, gave her to her mom's brother and his wife, got the baby back, then returned her after she tried raising her and realized she just wasn't ready. I imagine it may have been really difficult if you and you aunt lived in the same city/town. Such a lovely story.
    AmberWaves
    3c/4a
    Loved the pics! Loved the engagement bridge pics, and really loved the Oglebay park pics where they were sitting on the bench together...felt like we were secretly watching their intimate happy conversation. They seem like a very happy couple, and I wish them a long, prosperous, happy marriage.

Thanks for sharing.
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte

istockphoto_372282-twilight-zone.jpg
    life is certainly stranger than fiction.
    :)

Some stuff ya just can't make up.

18910111214»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file