So, my daughter wants to meet me. (with wedding pics 5/7/11

Comments

• fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte

24q5rue.jpg

no doubt, you guys look like sisters. heck, in this pic you could even pass for the younger one.

you guys have nice skin. (i know that sounds weird but that's what i've been thinking as i look through your pictures)

your daughter is very pretty and you guys look so comfortable together. i think i'd always feel a bit strange...
  • misspammisspam Posts: 5,318Registered Users
    RCC - I love reading this thread. It always brings a smile to my face! Your daughter is beautiful and you do look like sisters.

What a wonderful thing to have in your life. You are one lucky lady! :flower:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Awesome thread, RCC! I enjoy reading the updates....a bit jealous, even...
    And, yeah, your daughter reminds me of someone, as well, and I can't seem to put my finger on it either!
    So, was this really Brooks & Dunn's last rodeo? lol They were saying that, I think when they were here for our HLSR events in Feb...dunno
    I think the Stros are worse this year than the Lions, even... :lol:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• jenny curljenny curl Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Loved this thread, RCC. So happy for you. What a beautiful daughter you have; you two look incredible.

Best wishes, you are a great woman.
    3b/c :: Fine :: Porous

I:love5: My Hair
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you, everyone. The feedback and conversation does mean a lot. I spent so many years not talking about my daughter and the adoption, that it feels good to be open about it now.

OBB, I should have known that you'd be keeping up on the Pirates, lol. The Pirates visor did start a few conversations though. It seems that there are still a few baseball fans out there despite the Pirates. I was originally wearing a big sunhat, but my head got too hot, so I switched to the visor.

WileE, I have next to no knowledge about country music, lol. The only artist there that I could sing along with most of the music was .38 Special. But, I did hear people talking about whether this was really the last tour or not, and people were talking about a feud or disagreement or something.

I do find that I've been singing a song from someone else since it was catchy. I just remember - "Rain makes corn, corn makes whiskey."

Here's a truck pic though!

der504.jpg

Frau, thank you. White people just usually say that I'd have nice skin if I got a tan, lol. I hate that because it makes me want to :roll:. Not everyone can get bronzed, nor should they.

We're comfortable for the most part, though there are times when you can see it isn't conventional. It can feel weird to see connections that I missed or hear stories from when she was little knowing that I wasn't in the picture. But, I'm grateful that she turned out well.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Glad you both had a nice time together!
  • ~Ghost Poster~~Ghost Poster~ Posts: 2,264Registered Users
    Your story is so heartwarming and uplifting, RCC! Thanks for sharing the pics and thanks for also getting a pic with Yummy!

It's always difficult to explain to those not involved in an adoption how absolutely amazing it is to finally find a person (or people) who resembles you or whom you resemble.

Thanks for sharing your story with us and updating along the way! Wishing you and your daughter continued harmony in your relationship!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]d575b15bb0aa40deb59950570e3268e7.gif
    Baby fine, honey & caramel hilites, 4a/3c now 2b w/DIY BKT & LOVIN' it.
    Cowash-V05 Extra Body
    L'oreal EP Moisture-Rinse-out
    JFLVM
    BRHG mix w/
    KCCC/KCKT (winter)
    Clean-smelling-hair freak washes EOD; dry w/bowl diffuser
    Cassia+henna+grays=Gold-red hilites :love1:
    ~That you don't share my experiences/opinions doesn't invalidate them :wink:
    I wondered if it tasted like a hot dog. ~Phoenix
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    you guys do look like sisters!

what a great thread. it gives me the warm fuzzies. :love7:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    You both are just too adorable! Same smile! Happy story.
    The event sounds like so much fun (and you haven't been squigged out til you've been to a biker bash. much more cringe-worthy stuff going on than at a country gig. still fun tho!)
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Great update. Glad you had fun...although the heat and lack-of-air-conditioning wouldn't thrill me. You're probably much more adventurous than me. Why did you have to be dirty though...don't those RV's have showers?
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I would've commented earlier, but I wasn't able to see the pictures on my work computer. The pictures are great and you two do look like sisters. It's wonderful that you've been able to establish a relationship and hopefully it'll continue.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Luckily, she got her father's teeth. :)

We do look so much alike though, and that still amazes me, even though that's just normal genetics, lol.

She is practically your clone!! You're both beautiful. I'm glad you had such a great time.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    I'm so glad you had a great time! Great thread!
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
    lol @ rcw...
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

Great update. Glad you had fun...although the heat and lack-of-air-conditioning wouldn't thrill me. You're probably much more adventurous than me. Why did you have to be dirty though...don't those RV's have showers?

The RVs do have showers, but water is limited and then you have to buy it from the water truck to replace it. I just paid $5 two of the days to go to the shower trucks to take a long shower, and took a Navy shower on another day.

But, with that weather, and drunk men throwing water all over you to boot, I would be hot a few hours after a shower anyway. We had afternoon or morning storms every day, so there was plenty of mud too. You can clean up every day, but you'll dirty up quickly. Dewpoints were in the low 70s and there was no getting comfortable in that.

In the sweaty-dirty pic, it's about 1130 at night. My shower was at about 6:30 that morning, and any cleanliness was long gone, lol.

I am glad I shelled out the extra money for those REI camping shirts and shorts. The wicking and aeration did help. I wore cotton shirts at night, and I felt stickier in those than in the fancy-schmancy material shirts.

If anyone else had asked me to go, I would have declined simply because I know how little heat and sun tolerance I have. Two people died because they didn't watch the heat. But, since she asked, I went. I missed out on 21 years, so it felt lame to say no now. She and her Dad go just about every year. I'd go back again if they asked, and would pray for a cold spell, lol. Next time I would buy one of those chairs that has a built in canopy so I can get around the canopy rule on the field.

• LotsawavesLotsawaves Posts: 9,777Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I just noticed you two have the same chin with the little cleft. That is so adorable. She's definitely your little girl. I love it. I'm so glad you found her and you two are enjoying each other, even if you are dirty. :evil4:
    From Michael Berg:

Every person has a unique connection to the Creator that can never be extinguished, and every person has a great soul that can manifest important things in our world. To make a person feel less than they are because of something inside themselves, be it faith, race, or sexual orientation, is the greatest sin of all."
    Lotsawaves wrote: »
    I just noticed you two have the same chin with the little cleft. That is so adorable. She's definitely your little girl. I love it. I'm so glad you found her and you two are enjoying each other, even if you are dirty. :evil4:

:evil4:

My brother calls it the butt chin. :pottytrain1:

Jeep, I have never been to a biker bash, lol. All the flags and KKK scribbles in the porta johns really did squick me out. I know that not every country music fan must feel this way, but it doesn't help the stereotypes at all.

Just, errr, why? If the pic is too offensive, I'll remove it. I hate to ruin a long fight-free thread.

j0fyfr.jpg

As for other flags, one often saw that Canadians had the good sense to buy canopy area tickets above the stage field. they know to stay away from direct sun, lol.

2ibotvb.jpg

Nah, I enjoy the pics. I think we all can be civil about it :)

I've got a pirate flag & wile e/rr flag we'll be flying in Jamaica mon! :evil4: :D
    0004.gif

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,727Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    The confederate flags don't offend me one bit. Around here they simply stand for rednecks, pick up trucks, country music, and beer. Nothing more.
    The pics are great. Looks like a blast, even in the heat.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • fraufrau Posts: 6,130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    were there any black people there?
    i met a guy once who's truck was all confederate flagged out and he was so nice.
    also, i currently have a crush on the guy who delivers our liquid nitrogen tank and he is such the southern good ole boy.
    does redneck/confederate flag = racist?
    No, of course, not frau!
    0004.gif

To me, it does.

I'll have to start a thread on it so I don't muck up this thread.

Spinoff thread. I want to keep this thread happy, lol.

• hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    oh wow! this thread has me grinning from ear to ear. i'm so glad you got a chance to meet your daughter. i know it was such a relief to actually 'like' one another. i'm so happy for you both. :)
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    She's meeting my boyfriend next month. I'll report back on how that goes!

hippychic wrote: »
    oh wow! this thread has me grinning from ear to ear. i'm so glad you got a chance to meet your daughter. i know it was such a relief to actually 'like' one another. i'm so happy for you both. :)

It is a relief to be able to get along. Since I didn't raise her, I wondered where there would be personality differences.

rcc...what does your bf think about all this?
    0004.gif

rcc...what does your bf think about all this?

I guess it depends on how you mean. It's a broad question. He knows about her; I certainly can't hide that fact from someone I date for some significant time.

He does find the story to be interesting in the same way that others do. Not a lot of people know birth parents in real life (that they know of anyway).

I do tease him because he is one year closer to her age than to mine.

He does find the story to be interesting, but he wonders why I don't play more of a "mother" role in her life. When I tell him that I'm not her real mother, that she already has one, he seems a bit put out that I would think that. But, as he hasn't gone through this personally, I can see where he might think differently than I do about the issue. Sometimes you just have to go there to get it. It's hard to convince him that biology alone doesn't make a parent.

• wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Aww. thanks for the update. I remember this thread and wondered how things were going. I love your pictures. Everyone looks so happy.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/wavezncurlz/hair/
    password: curlzorwavez
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow, at the risk of being redundant- you two are beautiful and you really do look like sisters!

I think it's so awesome you have developed a relationship with her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file