Sephora & Perfume Question

aptheislandgirlaptheislandgirl Posts: 636Registered Users
I have a $100 coupon for Sephora & am thinking about buying some new perfume. My boyfriend recently went crazy for Versace's Bright Crystal that was in the recent Glamour. Has anyone tried this scent out yet?

I also went to a friend's house yesterday & she had Philosophy's Falling in Love lotion & I tried some & loved it. I'm thinking about getting this perfume too.

I've never gotten the opportunity to go into an actual Sephora store which is probably a good thing. Does anyone have any rec's on other products I should check out?

TIA! :flower:

Comments

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    I'm sorry, but you have a hundred dollar coupon? Lucky, lucky girl.

I usually try to stay away from their, because I can't really afford that stuff, and I'm not much of a makeup wearer, but I love their lip glosses. They're not goopy, but not watery either, and the colors are gorgeous.

Also, here's a warning: never, never, never let a certain friend use the glitter eyeshadow on you. It will spread all over your face, causing you to basically empty out Sephora's supply of makeup remover.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • EllaElla Posts: 392Registered Users
    I haven't worn either of those scents (I like vanilla based perfumes like L de Lolita Lempicka and Pink Sugar) so I can't give a personal opinion but I was going to suggest you go to www.makeupalley.com which has tons of reviews on just about any perfume you can think of. I just looked and they've got 67 reviews of Bright Crystal. Anyway, good luck and have fun shopping:toothy7:
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O'Rourke

There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. – Mark Twain
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If I had a $100 coupon, I'd buy a quarter ounce of Chanel No. 5 Perfum for $95 (not the Eau de Perfum or cologne or any other concoction...those have a different formula). There's a reason No. 5 has been around since 1921. It's not just marketing. It's just fabulous. If you've never tried the real thing, and most people have only smelled the Eau de Perfum, you really need to just go and smell the real thing.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Bulgari fragrances are lovely: light but lingering. I often get sick of perfumes, but this one seems just right.
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Posts: 697Registered Users
    i LOVE the dior poison collection; hypnotic's my favorite =]

dkny be delicious is also nice and sweet; the bottles look like apples!

and Ella, if you like vanilla scents, you should check out LAVANILLA scents and body butters. so yummy.
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    i LOVE the dior poison collection; hypnotic's my favorite =]

Thats my winter evening fragrance!!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    and Ella, if you like vanilla scents, you should check out LAVANILLA scents and body butters. so yummy.

I will, thanks for the recommendation, sounds delicious!

Aptheislandgirl, if you like aquatic florals, you might try L'eau D'issey, its one of the few non-gourmand scents I really like.
    Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys. – P.J. O'Rourke

There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress. – Mark Twain
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Perfume is such a personal thing, I would take your time, sniff lots of things, and try a few out (not all at once). Hopefully, you're close enough to Sephora that you can make more than one trip to find the perfect fragrance. Have fun!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ella wrote: »
    Aptheislandgirl, if you like aquatic florals, you might try L'eau D'issey, its one of the few non-gourmand scents I really like.

I agree. It has a lot of imitators now, but the original stands out. This is an aquatic that achieves its effect through florals, rather than Demeter-style synthetic accords. There's nothing wrong with synthetic molecules in fragrance. Everything from the lowest- to the highest-quality fragrances contains synthetics, since the scent of lots of plants cannot be acquired naturally. However, most aquatic scents have a not-found-in-nature "marine note" that can be pretty jarring.
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like vanilla based perfumes like L de Lolita Lempicka and Pink Sugar...

Have you tried Couture! by Moschino? It's a very interesting vanilla-citrus-aldehyde-floral-cedar scent. I find that after the first few minutes, the non-gourmand vanilla note stands out the most.
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't worn either of those scents (I like vanilla based perfumes like L de Lolita Lempicka and Pink Sugar)

My most favorite perfume ever. Love it. :toothy7:
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • GabbylkpGabbylkp Posts: 197Registered Users
    Sephora also has a frangrance finder on their website. You can search by fragrance notes; fresh, floral, oriental and woody, and each has it's own subcategories. Granted, it's not the same as the store. But you can at least get an idea before you go in, as they have so many fragrances, it's kind of hard (for me at least) to know where to start!
    Dwight Schrute: [pushing Michael's face into the wet cement] Force it in as deep as you can. Michael Scott: That's what she said.
    Eilonwy wrote: »
    Have you tried Couture! by Moschino? It's a very interesting vanilla-citrus-aldehyde-floral-cedar scent. I find that after the first few minutes, the non-gourmand vanilla note stands out the most.

Oooh that sounds like an amazing combination, it sounds like I may have to go on a perfume sampling expedition soon!

• notegalnotegal Posts: 560Registered Users
    $100 coupon! That would be my dream!~I love Tom Ford Black Orchid Voile De Fleur...It's amazing...and my bf loves it too. I just wish I could afford their stuff. Ah...oh well I'll get it someday. Until then it's stuck paying the important bills for living.

Good luck! Have fun! Oh and if it was me I'd buy lots of inexpensive things with it that are fantastic !:wink:
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file