My Fotki!

aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
You've all inspired me to share my hair journey.

http://members.fotki.com/stephtech/about/

There's my fotki! Check it out and tell me what you think!

I'm still new here, and trying to get the hang of things. Advice is always appreciated :). And if anyone can tell me if I have my hair type wrong, I'd love to know.

TIA!

-Steph
Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Comments

• helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's always interesting to start a Fotki to document hair progress :)

I think your hair is definitely wavier than a 2a so I'm going to say 2b. If you have the random spiral here and there, I'd go with 2b/2c.

Your hair will get better over time. It seems like you did a lot to your hair before - dyeing and whatnot, so it will take some time for your hair to recover. I would suggest weekly deep treatments so your hair can get all the moisture it needs.

You seem a bit concerned about the front pieces. Have you tried finger curling them so they blend in a bit better? My bangs are quite curly when they're short, but they straighten out a bit as my hair gets longer. My stylist taught me to clip them off to the side styled exactly the way I want it and they just dry like that. I used to flatiron them everyday so this is a great, no heat, healthier way to deal with my bangs.
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    Hey thanks for the suggestions on hair type... I'm new to all this, so still trying to figure stuff out :).

As far as my bangs go, I've been clipping them to the side and letting them dry- usually with fairly good results. They tend to stay smooth that way, and without the heat damage :). I also used to flatiron them everyday! I've tried the curl around the finger and set it how you want it to dry, but it just doesn't work out, despite many products tried and various times trying it. The smoother look seems to do more justice anyway, IMO :)

• HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    I'd say you are a 2B. Very pretty waves! I love your color - like honey!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • myCeliamyCelia Posts: 195Registered Users
    Very pretty hair! In the 6/5 and 6/12 side shots, I can see the waves forming closer to the crown, so I say 2B. :)
    What's working: MOP-C Hydrating Shampoo roots only EOD, Elucence Moisture Balancing conditioner or Biolage Conditioning Balm; style with Innersense Quiet Calm Curl Control, and the AMAZING KCCC!
    http://public.fotki.com/myCelia111/
    2'ish, fine/medium ii, non-porous hair.
    All righty, 2B then it is :). Thanks for the compliments too... That's the first time anyone's ever complimented my hair since going fully natural again :toothy7:.

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yup I would say a 2B for sure cuz your hair looks pretty wavy or straight! You're one of the lucky ones you get the best of both worlds!!!!

I love the Hedgies too cute, especially sleeping under the covers, adorable!!!

P.S.
    We're ALL PJ's on this site it's a CURSE
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Yup I would say a 2B for sure cuz your hair looks pretty wavy or straight! You're one of the lucky ones you get the best of both worlds!!!!

P.S.

LOL- too true. Your current thread about CK is making me really want to splurge on it. Then I think, "well, as long as I'm at it, I might as well try out A, B, and C" etc.

Glad you find the hedgies cute! My animals are my passion and my inspiration :-)

aislin wrote: »

P.S.

LOL- too true. Your current thread about CK is making me really want to splurge on it. Then I think, "well, as long as I'm at it, I might as well try out A, B, and C" etc.

Glad you find the hedgies cute! My animals are my passion and my inspiration :-)
    :toothy7:BUY IT BUY IT :toothy7:buy CK NOW......

LOL in all honesty it's the best purchase I've made yet!!! It would be really frightening to add up the amt of money I've spent in the last year finding my miracle product!!!

BTW I used to have hedgies seeing them made me want them all over again!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users

P.S.

LOL in all honesty it's the best purchase I've made yet!!! It would be really frightening to add up the amt of money I've spent in the last year finding my miracle product!!!

Del you crack me up!!! :laughing7:

CK works really well for me also. As frizz control and definition, it is definitely my miracle product. It doesn't work for everyone, but there are so many people that use it you can always unload it on the swap boards if it doesn't.

Now if I could only find a product to even out my curl pattern .........
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Del you crack me up!!! :laughing7:

CK works really well for me also. As frizz control and definition, it is definitely my miracle product. It doesn't work for everyone, but there are so many people that use it you can always unload it on the swap boards if it doesn't.

Now if I could only find a product to even out my curl pattern .........
    hee hee hee hee:laughing8:
    Discovered CG 2007

Ohhh it is so tempting I think you guys have me convinced. But see I have a 95% full bottle of Ouidad CC and I keep trying to convince myself that I should use that before I try this, it sounds like these two have somewhat similar purposes.

Update: I almost had my inner PJ controlled. I was doing so well! I only bought ONE new product in the last month, JUST ONE! Can you BELIEVE that!? Well, it's all over now because I'm looking forward to my Curlmart order I just placed for CK (you win Del), some Jessicurls (first time) , [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] (this one doesn't count because I'm replacing it), and some deva clips for root lift. I'm really hoping to get a sample of Tweek, I've heard such good things, well and some bad but you know how the pj in us just never wants to believe it. :)

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Good things for me with Tweek. Think it depends on your hair type though. Seems it might work better for finer haired curlies. But who knows. Hope you like the CK though.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
    Good things for me with Tweek. Think it depends on your hair type though. Seems it might work better for finer haired curlies. But who knows. Hope you like the CK though.

Awesome, glad you are having success already! I want to use the sample to see if it'll do anything to add some volume for me- being very fine haired, and wavy my crown tends to be VERY flat.

Can you believe I had a dream about CK last night? Yeah, this stuff better work, lol.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file