Fleur De Sel Caramel

Love this ice cream flavor!!!! It's the salty sweet combination I love! It's from Haagen Daz and it has chocolate covered caramels in caramel ice cream with a touch of fleur de sel. IT'S WONDERFUL!!

Comments

• battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    I had to Google "fleur de sel" - I had never heard of it before. I must say the stuff you described appeals to me. I always liked making homemade ice cream with rock salt (in a plastic bag), because a bit of the salt always got into the cream and made such a good flavor!
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    I saw "sel" and I was thinking, what? Salt?
    There's salty ice-cream? Hmm. Sounds interesting. I may need to look for that.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I really didn't need to know about this.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have been trying to find this for the past 2 weeks and no luck! I WANT IT!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I really didn't need to know about this.

:icescream::mrgreen:
    xcptnl wrote: »
    I have been trying to find this for the past 2 weeks and no luck! I WANT IT!

If you can figure out a way I can get it to you w/o melting, I'll send you some! Or maybe you can email the company and find some places that sell it in your area?

Best,

K42
    I went to their web site and you can put in your zip - I have put in zips from all around me - NADA! Darnit!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    I can't find it in NH either. :( If you're ambitious, David Lebovitz has a salted butter caramel ice cream recipe that looks AMAZING. I have his ice cream book and everything in it is incredible.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
    Ok..that's it....Kimshi you need to send some to MizKerri and myself! ASAP! :)
    Central Massachusetts

I will, really! Just figure out the best method. This stuff's too good not to share.
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just did a flavor search and the grocery store I frequent has it. I am DEFINITELY going to pick up a pint! Along with other flavors that sound yummy.

I don't like ice cream much; I usually just buy B&J's vanilla heath bar crunch or dreyer's cookies and cream, but the fleur de sel just sounds too good to pass up!!!
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • merynmeryn Posts: 1,807Registered Users Curl Novice
    helloitsio wrote: »
    I just did a flavor search and the grocery store I frequent has it. I am DEFINITELY going to pick up a pint! Along with other flavors that sound yummy.!

The limited edition green tea is amazing!
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    OMG. This ice cream is freaking AMAZING! :icescream: It really is the perfect blend of salty and sweet....but not overly sweet. Even my picky SO thinks it's "pretty damn good."

Thank you Kimshi42 for the thread!

I also picked up the light version of the Caramel Cone flavor. :toothy7:
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
    STOP IT! RIGHT NOW!

I have a dentist appt today over in another town about 20 minutes away and I have already decided I am checking out the grocery stores over in that area.
    Central Massachusetts

helloitsio wrote: »
    OMG. This ice cream is freaking AMAZING! :icescream: It really is the perfect blend of salty and sweet....but not overly sweet. Even my picky SO thinks it's "pretty damn good."

Thank you Kimshi42 for the thread!

I also picked up the light version of the Caramel Cone flavor. :toothy7:

I like that one too!
    Central Massachusetts

Glad you liked it!
  • badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    My taste buds thank you, but my thighs do not. ;)

For those of you who can't find it, I actually found it at a store that wasn't listed on the site, so you may just want to check around. Also, if you find a store that carries Haagen Daaz regularly but doesn't have that flavor, a lot of times you can ask them to order it for you (go to the service desk or ask for a manager).
    I. FOUND. IT.

:blob7::blob7::blob7::blob7:
    Central Massachusetts

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Okay, I'm getting this for my SO. Ice cream is one of the few sweets that he likes more than I do, so he deserves it.

Here goes. Thanks!
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Got it! My SO thanks you in advance.
    I emailed HD's PR firm the other day and they said:

I’m sorry to hear your friend is having trouble finding our Fleur de Sel Caramel ice cream. If it isn’t showing up on the flavor finder, it could be that those stores in Western Massachusetts are being slow to stock it. We’d suggest that you direct your friend to our customer hotline as they will have the most up to date information on locations. That phone number is 1-800-767-0120.

Glad to hear you are loving the flavor! We are happy to have fans like you talking about it.

But you may've called the number already...
    Kimshi42 wrote: »
    I emailed HD's PR firm the other day and they said:

I’m sorry to hear your friend is having trouble finding our Fleur de Sel Caramel ice cream. If it isn’t showing up on the flavor finder, it could be that those stores in Western Massachusetts are being slow to stock it. We’d suggest that you direct your friend to our customer hotline as they will have the most up to date information on locations. That phone number is 1-800-767-0120.

Glad to hear you are loving the flavor! We are happy to have fans like you talking about it.
    But you may've called the number already...

You are too good! I found it yesterday in two stores - neither were on the finder. It was Whole Foods and at a local chain - Big Y. It was a good day. I got my teeth cleaned, found this ice cream, found the 'old' Biosilk Hard Rock Gelee formulation. Only bad thing - the salon that carries Deva was out of One C. But overall a very good day!
    Central Massachusetts

so did you like it?
    LOVE. IT.

I bought two and I am so glad! I am a caramel lover anyways so this is the BEST!

Last year I found these caramel chocolates at Trader Joes that had these big salt crystals on the top of them and I absolutely loved them. The whole salt/sweet thing is my total downfall.
    Central Massachusetts

• MizKerriMizKerri Posts: 1,701Registered Users
    Alright, I might be forced to make a trip outside of 128 now. :) Hee.

I still haven't seen it up here, but I also haven't been looking in an effort to avoid sugar. But for this, I'll make an exception.

If a news story breaks and no one on the Internet comments, did it really happen?
    For all you salty sweet lovers, I've found another wonderful item:

Sweet and Salty Nut Granola Bars (almond) by Nature Valley.

I'm in wub....
    Kimshi42 wrote: »
    For all you salty sweet lovers, I've found another wonderful item:

Sweet and Salty Nut Granola Bars (almond) by Nature Valley.

I'm in wub....

You just cut. it. out.!!
    Central Massachusetts

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file