Indiana Jones - have you seen?

CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
DH wants to go see it. We loved the first 3. We're wondering if we should take our son, who has seen the first one at home (most of it). He's 11, he doesn't like cuss words, I don't want him to see sex (but they never showed that in the others).

Did you go? Was it good? Would you take your son?
SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Comments

• badgercurlsbadgercurls Posts: 3,077Registered Users
    I saw it about a week ago and there were four kids in front of us, all of whom appeared to be under the age of six. They lasted through the whole movie and only one of them got really scared (so she snuggled with her dad for about half the movie). While I wouldn't recommend it for kids THAT young, I think your eleven year old would be fine. I don't remember much cursing and there is no sex.

I enjoyed it. I haven't seen the other Indy movies in a very long time, but I thought it was really entertaining.
  • iris427iris427 Posts: 6,002Registered Users
    I really didn't like it. I actually thought it was pretty boring.

ETA And I really like the old Indiana Jones movies, so it's not like that's not my kind of movie.
    3027585431_55b6195e50_s.jpg3028374752_0df4d81a1b_s.jpg3028422696_8dcef38baa_s.jpg
    TickerTicker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=29&CT=&CG=F&O=m_nestbirds&T=t_b14&D=20080913&M1=&D1=2009&T2=&T1=Baby+Iris&CC=0&CO=&step=5&radio=A
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    I thought it was great. It seemed like a fitting end to the series, though it seemed like they tried to cram too much plot into too little time. Lots of action but nothing too scary for an 11-year-old to handle.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    DH took my 9-yo, so I don't know anything about it, except my son loved it.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • LAKKKKK22HollisterLAKKKKK22Hollister Posts: 16Registered Users
    Its a very good movie.
    i wen tiwth my 2 brothers,
    one is 5 years old and the other is 11,
    and there was only kissing.
    but overall its a good movie!
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I took my son, he's going to be 6 in August. No sex, no cuss words. It's George Lucas, so there really isn't any blood or guts or anything, either.

Movie was meh, but he enjoyed it a lot.
    :rambo:
  • RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    It would have been a good movie if it hadn't been an Indiana Jones movie.
    But I mean, you cannot compare with Temple of Doom, that's just impossible. I love that movie, along with The Last Crusade, and Raiders of the Lost Arc. I love them all, just Temple of Doom the most..
    So, good movie, just not Indiana Jones quality good.
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I hated it, thought it was ridiculous movie! Loved watching Shia LaBeouf though, he was good. But not good enough to carry the whole movie.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    M2LR wrote: »
    I took my son, he's going to be 6 in August. No sex, no cuss words. It's George Lucas, so there really isn't any blood or guts or anything, either.
    Um, GL does include that in other Indy movies. We watched Temple of Doom tonight with son, and he didn't like the bad guy who pulled out hearts. He commented that the first one (Raiders) had more violence and death though.

We went to see it but it was too crowded. We saw Kung Fu Panda instead. :D It was fun!
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    It's a fun movie, we went and enjoyed ourselves. My 4 yo DD fell asleep but enjoyed those parts she watched.

I'm waiting for the ride at Disney because you know there's going to be one!
    2b/3a.
  • M2LRTooM2LRToo Posts: 446Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    M2LR wrote: »
    Um, GL does include that in other Indy movies. We watched Temple of Doom tonight with son, and he didn't like the bad guy who pulled out hearts. He commented that the first one (Raiders) had more violence and death though.

We went to see it but it was too crowded. We saw Kung Fu Panda instead. :D It was fun!

I guess he kind of hints at it in some of the other Indy movies. Temple of Doom - Billie is pretty much waiting for Indy to come into her room and seduce her. Last Crusade, it shows him making out with the blonde Dr. lady, too, kind of insinuates that both indy and his dad had sex with her (not at the same time). So, there is kissing and all of that.

There is some blood/gore, but it's not over the top, IMO. Faces melt off in "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and hearts get ripped out in "Temple of Doom."

Some kids might get scared from watching it, I think it depends on the kid.

My son keeps talking about Wall-E. I'd like to take him to go and see that, it looks cute.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

They do have an Indy ride at Disneyland California! :D You ride in a jeep with 3 across, I think 2-3 rows. It's fun! It pulls things from the first 3 movies. Maybe now they'll make some changes and add things from this movie, like they did with POTC. :)

Hopefully, we'll get to see it this coming weekend.
  • CurlyinColoradoCurlyinColorado Posts: 3,093Registered Users
    CurliLocks wrote: »

They do have an Indy ride at Disneyland California! :D You ride in a jeep with 3 across, I think 2-3 rows. It's fun! It pulls things from the first 3 movies. Maybe now they'll make some changes and add things from this movie, like they did with POTC. :)

Hopefully, we'll get to see it this coming weekend.
    Yes, but when you see the movie you'll see what I mean, they'll need a whole 'nother ride...have fun!
    2b/3a.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file