old VHS and cassette tapes...

rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,732Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
these aren't accepted in our recyling boxes here, so i'm wondering what to do with them. most of the used music/book stores will only take CDs and DVDs these days.

i hate to throw them out - i can only imagine how toxic they would be over time in a land fill.

what have you done with yours?
My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!

Comments

• battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    Will your local library take them? If not, how about the Salvation Army or FreeCycle? In my experience the Salvation Army will take anything, even old tapes.

If all else fails, there is a company called Green Disc that will recycle them for you, but you have to pay to ship them.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Posts: 10,904Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Connoisseur
    I think Salvation Army or similar would take them.

I gave most of my kids type VHS tapes to a co-worker for his daughter who had a VCR in her room still. Maybe an add on Freecycle?
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file