Why Men LIKE curly hair

CandycaneCandycane Registered Users Posts: 291
The other day i went to work to pick up my pay check and itwas the first time many of my co workers(at Mcdonalds) saw me with my hair out of a bun.

The next day a guy at work told me that he really liked my hair. He said he likes it because it "looks like i just finished having sex in the basement and that is sexy"

I didnt know how i should take that comment-there was so much i could have said but didnt because even if it was a compliment it was just so piggy! anyway-what do u guys think?

Comments

• misfitcurlsmisfitcurls Registered Users Posts: 736 Curl Novice
    a female would have said it makes you look spontaneous and fun (that equals sex in the basement in the male language)
    HENNA HEAD
    3B just past BSL in back (when curly)
    CG since 3/08
    HG's:biolage condtioning balm and kpak (both the generic value versions)
    overnight plop with a flour sack the strutt way
    honey after leave-in
    satin sleep cap & shea butter for day 2 hair
    USING:KCKT&KCCC(its my HG :))
    ALSO LOVE:jessicurl aloeba leave-in, rr, ccss
    http://public.fotki.com/misfitcurls/
    by: Riot Crrl!
    I think you could walk around with words and stick people drawn on your face and still look supercute.
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Registered Users Posts: 3,465
    Errr, that would have creeped me out a little honestly. :lol: I've gotten some really inappropriate "compliments" and it makes me feel gross.

I mean, it's great when guys think curly hair is sexy though.
  • thebaydestrianthebaydestrian Registered Users Posts: 45 Curl Neophyte
    a female would have said it makes you look spontaneous and fun (that equals sex in the basement in the male language)

that about does it...haha :tongue5:
    3A (my hair is pretty darn short now though)

I shampoo every 3 days, condition everyday, and co-wash with Suave Naturals Coconut once in every 3 day shampooing cycle. I also use BioInfusions, the Leave-In Conditioner everyday.

Also, I am a guy :blob7:.
  • boarderhopperboarderhopper Banned Banned Users Posts: 295
    It's the basement part that I would never say...

what about "It looks like you just finished having sex on a magic carpet."

Thats actually really romantic am I right?
  • automaticflowersautomaticflowers Registered Users Posts: 3,465

I think, when it comes to giving compliments like that, you're safer if you just go with, "Your hair is sexy" or "Your hair makes you look like fun" or something. Not what basically amounts to, "I IMAGINE YOU HAVING SEX!"

That's JMO, anyway. I would hate to see a guy get slapped by saying that bolded sentence to the wrong woman. :lol:
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte

I think, when it comes to giving compliments like that, you're safer if you just go with, "Your hair is sexy" or "Your hair makes you look like fun" or something. Not what basically amounts to, "I IMAGINE YOU HAVING SEX!"

That's JMO, anyway. I would hate to see a guy get slapped by saying that bolded sentence to the wrong woman. :lol:

In mosts contexts, it does look cheesy or desperate to tell a woman that she looks like she just had sex. There are surely better ways to compliment, especially if said guy ever wants a chance with the curly haired gal.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • CurlyOver40!CurlyOver40! Registered Users Posts: 758
    Creepy doesn't begin to describe it.
    Please tell me this wasn't a manager that said this.

My husband is a district manager for a major food company and if anyone reported that a co-worker said that sentence to her/him, they would be written up for sexual harassment, that could possibly lead to termination.

There are many ways to tell someone they look pretty.. this is not one of them. Especially if it's said at the work place. I have to think the McD's is up on the laws and rules of sexual harassment in the workplace...he possibly slept thru that lesson, maybe a refresher course is needed.

3a/3b

Latest routine:
    Sauve Coconut CO
    Or
    Trader Joe's Nourish
    Giovanni 50/50
    Giovanni Direct Leave In
    JoicoWhip
    Newest Fav: Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • AG.AG. Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Curl Neophyte
    there was so much i could have said but didnt because even if it was a compliment it was just so piggy! anyway-what do u guys think?

Many guys end up talking about sex when they're trying to tell you that you look pretty (.

Not the proper way to compliment.

Women are not pieces of flesh you use when you want to have sex.

Northern Colombia.
  • CandycaneCandycane Registered Users Posts: 291
    rrrrr...typical man!
    lol, made me laugh. Cant argue with that one:laughing6:
    nope, not a manager... just a very young-bold man. Mind you ive only been working there for about 2 weeks now.
  • notegalnotegal Registered Users Posts: 560
    I guess I would have taken it at as a compliment. Some guys are just really blunt and outspoken that way. I think I would have felt a little weird about it as well.
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• AmandacurlsAmandacurls Registered Users Posts: 6,252 Curl Neophyte

If a guy said that to me he'd get slapped. I have had guys allude to the fact that I had "f*** me hair".
  • Shooting StarShooting Star Registered Users Posts: 167
    nope, not a manager... just a very young-bold man. Mind you ive only been working there for about 2 weeks now.

Bold? There's a fine line between being bold and making an outright fool of yourself.

I understand what the guy was trying to say, but he should have thought before he spoke. He could have told you you looked pretty and kept the rest to himself.

Sometimes guys think that talking about sex flatters a girl. Sometimes they do it because they want to see if the girl is easy or not. I dunno his motives, I just know that he made himself look like a [email protected]$$. If he respects you and thinks your pretty, he would have saved the sex comment. Just my opinion.
    I Love Epic Men...
    RacerX.jpg
  • knotty_loveknotty_love Registered Users Posts: 170
    Haha what kind of reaction was that fool trying to get from you?! A phone number or a candel light dinner? I've heard of the "sex hair" look...but going that far as describing a location haha that's beyond me!
    Sometimes I think the craziness just curls out of my head..:geek:

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds."-Bob Marley

“There are only two types of women - goddesses and doormats”- Pablo Picasso

• flurogoddessflurogoddess Registered Users Posts: 13
    Heh!

Depends on who said that and how they said it to me as to how I would react. I have a certain couple of guys who would be able to get away with telling me that and I could've taken it as a compliment, but I get far too many creeps after me as it is, so would most likely to have been met with a slap!
    well-i got to know him a lot more since then I think he is a pig who gets attatched to girls wayyyyy to easy. Hes always saying how he loves my hair and says "the poofier the better!"
  • tctc Registered Users Posts: 986
    I wonder if straight-haired people also have to put up with men slobbering all over them more than usual when they wear their hair down.
  • PetalPetal Registered Users Posts: 219
    My husband says curls are 'sexy, feminine and beachy'. He adores my hair, and hates it when I straighten.

I've been told by other guys that curls are beautiful too. But I think they like them better when they're long.
    3A-3B mix, medium-thick, prone to splitting. Products: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, Jojoba oil, Free me freesia conditioner to detangle. Trying to experiment with protein DTs a few times a month.
  • toothfairytoothfairy Registered Users Posts: 242
    my fiance prefers when I wear my hair curly. I've tamed the curls and have managed to get nice frizz-free definition. then he messes it up and tells me he likes it better that way. the bigger and wilder the better apparently.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file