Hello from Texas!

OliviaChristineOliviaChristine Registered Users Posts: 9
Hey all. I'm a hairstylist living in Houston, Texas. I've got multicultural curly (3bish, I think?) hair that I've been dyeing and frying for almost all of my life. I've always been passionate about hair, but never appreciated my own curls.

I've finally given up on blowdrying, and flat-ironing my hair every other day. I have so much damage from coloring, bleaching and heat styling, that I hardly recognize my own hair. I always encourage healthy hair with my clients at work, so I decided to take some of my own advice.

I just finished reading Curly Girl, and have been practicing CG for three days now. I let my hair air dry for the first time in 6 months, and I was happy, and surprised to see that I still have curls! I'm hoping that my hair will thrive with my new hair care routine.

This website is a great resource, and I'm glad to meet ya'll! :toothy7:

Comments

• Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    It is always nice to have a stylist member!

I have a word of advice. Sometimes we tend to make rants about stylists. It is even possible that hyperbole might be thrown around, like "Why do stylists always do abc, and how come they always screw up xyz?" If you can manage to keep a thick skin about these things and realize that it's rants and hyperbole and it doesn't mean you, you can gain a lot of information here that will be professionally valuable to you about what clients may want or not want. It's just, we need a place to rant. I may do this at times myself, but I love stylists who read and post here and think it is the best of both worlds. Too bad you are not in my area.

I'm glad to hear you're having luck with your hair already in such a short time, and welcome!
  • OliviaChristineOliviaChristine Registered Users Posts: 9
    Riot Crrl wrote: »
    It is always nice to have a stylist member!

I have a word of advice. Sometimes we tend to make rants about stylists. It is even possible that hyperbole might be thrown around, like "Why do stylists always do abc, and how come they always screw up xyz?" If you can manage to keep a thick skin about these things and realize that it's rants and hyperbole and it doesn't mean you, you can gain a lot of information here that will be professionally valuable to you about what clients may want or not want. It's just, we need a place to rant. I may do this at times myself, but I love stylists who read and post here and think it is the best of both worlds. Too bad you are not in my area.

I'm glad to hear you're having luck with your hair already in such a short time, and welcome!

Lol, I've already read a few rants about stylists, and I realize that they arent talking about me :) While most of my guests are folkswith straight hair, or who don't want to wear their curls, I look forward to curly clients. I havent always been a hair stylist, but I have always had curly hair, so I remember exactly what its like to deal with hair professionals who don't have a clue about curls!
  • Riot CrrlRiot Crrl Registered Users Posts: 3,135
    You added an avatar since your last post. Is that you? OMG if it is then it is truly amazing!
  • OliviaChristineOliviaChristine Registered Users Posts: 9
    No, thats not me in my avatar...just some curls that I really admire!
  • cristacrista Registered Users Posts: 116
    We're glad you're here!
    Welcome to the community!
    Crista
    NaturallyCurly.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file