Another newbie

liveinloveliveinlove Posts: 1Registered Users
Hello all...

My name is Ella and I am newly acknowledging my curls. :iconbiggrin:

I had stick straight hair until I was a chemokid, when my hair grew back it was another color and full of curls. That was about ten years ago, and after the trauma of having no hair, I refused to cut it....I grew it nice and long, with only small trims, and the weight pulled the curl out into soft waves.

Not long ago, I chopped it from below my rear end to just below my shoulders to donate to Locks of Love. Voila! Lots and lots of curls -- with lots of frizz! Apparently the weight had pulled the frizz out too(?) I dunno -- I just know that with my "new" curls, I have lots of frizz and I need HELP. :dontknow:

I try not to wash it too often (I average about once a week), and only condition it (with AG's Moisture Treatment) the rest of the time. I use SilkTherapy whenever I wet it and FrizzEase Curl Perfecting Spray on both wet and dry 2nd day hair. But apparently this isn't enough, or not the right treatment bc I get alot of surface frizz. I can't afford to buy expensive products, so I'm hoping someone can give me cheapish product ideas or techniques that won't cost me any money!

Now that everyone knows my whole hairstory, any help would be appreciated. :iconbiggrin:

Thanx,
Ella
xEllax
Pre-cut: 2b(?), hair below the rear-end
Post-cut: 3b (I think...), hair 4ish inches below shoulders.
All that hair (16+ inches) proudly went to Locks of Love to help another chemokid. :occasion9:

Comments

• cristacrista Posts: 116Registered Users
    Welcome to the community Ella. A good place to start for information is our home page, for links to features and articles that might help. Also, look for product reviews in our CurlProducts section. You'll find we're a community with plenty of information to share. Have fun!
    Crista
    NaturallyCurly.com
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,790Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    We're so glad you've joined us!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file