Faith in Nature?

kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
I have found a few conditioners that seem like they are cg and protein free. Could anyone point out any bad ingredients (including protein) if they see any? Sorry its a long post guys!

Aloe vera conditoner
Aqua (Water from the Lake District), Aloe Barbadensis (Organic), Cetearyl alcohol (Coconut based wax), Cetrimonium chloride (Palm oil based conditioning agent), Brassica oleifera, Citrus limonum (Lemon Oil), Citrus aurantifolia (Lime Oil), Melaleuca alternifolia, Chlorophyllin - copper complex (natural colour), Limonene, Citral

Ginkgo Biloba
Aqua (Water from the Lake District), Cetearyl alcohol (Coconut based wax), Cetrimonium chloride (vegetable based conditioning agent), Brassica oleifera, Ginkgo Biloba, Aniba rosaeodora ( Rosewood oil, sustainable supply), Pelargonium graveolens (Geranium oil), Citrus bergamia (Bergamot oil), Melaleuca alternifolia, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Geraniol

Rosemary conditioner
Aqua (Water from the Lake District), Cetearyl alcohol (Coconut based wax), Cetrimonium chloride (vegetable based conditioning agent), Brassica oleifera, Rosmarinus officinalis, Melaleuca alternifolia, Chlorophyllin - copper complex (natural colour), Limonene

Comments

• MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kat they all look good to me.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • ZigaZagaZigaZaga Posts: 473Registered Users
    They all look good to me too. Let us know how you like them. :)
    -3A?
    -Fine, ii (almost iii) thickness
    -salon pintura and natural sun-made highlights combo
    -CG since October 2007, rare occasional low poo.
    -Growing it out
    click here for fotki pics
    -pw: ziggy
  • janeylizjaneyliz Posts: 777Registered Users
    All Faith in Nature conditioners are CG - I've looked at their website where they list all of their ingredients (google it). I use the Lavender and Geranium and the Jojoba. The Jojoba makes a good leave-in.
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

DT: AOHR
    Wash: Anita Grant babassu bar
    Leave-in: Body Shop cotton seed curl boost with manuka honey mixed in
    Gel: Umberto Giannini Curl Friends scrunching gel
    Odds & ends Lime juice, honey, Anita Grant cafe latte
    I brush with a Tangle Teezer & love Flexi-8's
    www.public.fotki.com/janeyliz
    www.thelilyfoundation.org.uk
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd even test those. They look nice.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • jillipoojillipoo Posts: 3,795Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ooooh! They look terrific! I want that aloe vera conditioner!:blob7:
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have ordered the rosemary and ginkgo ones I will let you know how they go. In the meantime I bought very cheap Original source mint and tea tree and boots to try and sort my hair out. And i just made some flaxseed gel to try for first time. Sigh. Im very happy. :blob7:
    Thought I'd give you an update. The rosemary conditioner is really helping out my hair. Curls are starting to come back so Im really happy, smells lovely too. Its quite a runny con. which could be better for the summer. Haven't tried the other one yet.

My hair seems to respond much better with natural products - the boots cond. helped a bit but still gave me undefined hair and bad frizz and the mint and tea tree really dried my hair out. So Im really glad I bought these two faith in nature ones.
    kat180 wrote: »
    Thought I'd give you an update. The rosemary conditioner is really helping out my hair. Curls are starting to come back so Im really happy, smells lovely too. Its quite a runny con. which could be better for the summer. Haven't tried the other one yet.

My hair seems to respond much better with natural products - the boots cond. helped a bit but still gave me undefined hair and bad frizz and the mint and tea tree really dried my hair out. So Im really glad I bought these two faith in nature ones.

That's great, kat180! I agree with you on the "natural" observation. Sometimes when I look at the labels in drugstores, the ingredient list reads like chemisty lab inventory. And so often, it's just stuff designed to make us think our hair is smoother and softer when really, it's only the chemicals working their magic -- our hair isn't getting any healthier or being fed what it truly needs. I'm glad you found some natural stuff that works! (Looks like it's only for UK shoppers, though. Bummer.)
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl

• BabydollRingletsBabydollRinglets Posts: 205Registered Users
    oh wow, what brand are thoose?

i love natural products.

the ingredients are amazing!
    3c/3b fine texture, normal density, high porosity

Shampoo: Devacare Low Poo, Devacare No Poo
    Conditioner: Devacare One Conditioner
    Leave-In: Devacare One Conditioner
    Oil: Grapeseed Oil
    Treatment: Coloful Protein Filler
    Gel: Eco Styler Argan Oil
    www.faithinnature.co.uk not sure iof they are available in America I guess you can always email them and ask.
  • chicacanelachicacanela Posts: 184Registered Users
    what are lomonene and linalool? i always see these ingredients but i'm not clear on what they are
    3c/4a 100% natural:bunny:
    I :love8: Tahitian Monoi Oil.
    Current Faves: Dr. Bronner's Organic Shikakai Soap (hands, face and hair), Cabellina del Cabello, Eco Styler with Argan oil, Sesame seed oil
    Conditioner Only Method.
    http://public.fotki.com/peabella

I'm getting on well with their conditioners. I've got:
    Lavender and geranium
    Aloe Vera
    Jojoba

just deciding what to try next.......:toothy7: Really like the jojoba as a leave in mixed with a wee bit of honey. It works well for me under RR.
    Marchioness Chinoise in the land of Mancunia Productia Junkia in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

ooooo whats the aloe vera one like? I didn't get a richer more moisturizing one for drier hair which Im regretting now. I really want to try that one and the jojoba and the seaweed ones but I really cannot buy anymore conditioners. I just used the rosemary one as a co-wash and normal conditioner and my hair is quite fluffy today so maybe that over-conditioned me. Do you use any to co-wash?
    I've tried all of them to co-wash and they all work well. I do prefer the effects of the jojoba but the lavender and geranium smells really nice. The aloe vera one is very moisturising. Jillipoo would love it :laughing7:

• mumofcurlygirlmumofcurlygirl Posts: 472Registered Users
    Hi

I am thinking about buying some for co-washing my daughters hair I'm thinking either the jojoba or the aloe vera

could anyone tell me which is the most moisturising??:)
    Trying to work out my 5 year olds 2c fine frizzy/curly hair

http://public.fotki.com/angel6901/
    Password; curlygirl

Loving KBB and Kinky Curly!! :love7::
  • Breezy91Breezy91 Posts: 0Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Neophyte
    Hi I've been using the seaweed and citrus faith in nature conditioner as Co-wash but it seems to leave something in my hair. Even on the first day it makes my hair look greasy. Not as bad as non-CG approved conditioners though. I have been using a tresemme conditioner for years and it works well, I don't use any other products, but I'm trying out the Faith in Nature because you can refill the bottles. Can't work out what's wrong with it. Helen

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file