One of the products is wrong.. but which?

jamaica81jamaica81 Registered Users Posts: 115
Hello Ladies:

I need your H-E-L-P! About three weeks ago I switched my hair routine. I think one of the products must be wrong because my hair isn't feeling very brittle these days and hard to work with. So please let me know what you think of these products and their ingredients. Some of them have cones but I don't know which cones are good and which ones are bad. I'm about to do my hair in another 1.5 hours so I hope to hear from someone soon. :wink:

1. Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioner
Water , Cetearyl Alcohol , Amodimethicone , Cetyl Esters , Behentrimonium Chloride , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Avocado Oil , Trideceth-12 , Citric Acid , Apricot Kernel Oil , Cetrimonium Chloride , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Linalool , Butylphenyl , Methylpropional , Citronellol

2. Curl Definer: Fantasia IC Pure Tea, Silky Gel Moisturizer Activator - Hair and Scalp Conditioner
Tea Extract, Glycerin, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Glycol, Polyacrylamidomethylpropane Sulfonic Acid, Triethanolamine, Carbomer 934, Polysorbate 20, Quaternium-15, Fragrance, EDTA

3. Gel: Fantasia IC Olive Styling Gel w/ Sparkle Lites
* I know this product has been approved by everyone so I felt no ingredients necessary.

4. Shine: Organics Smoother and Polisher
Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Silk Amino Acids, Parfum (Fragrance)

Comments

• KitathenaKitathena Registered Users Posts: 1,666 Curl Neophyte
    I hope someone can come along before you do your hair that knows more than me, but I know that first one makes my hair feel like garbage. Amodimethicone specifically...anything from garnier pretty much makes my hair feel yucky.
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Silk Amino Acids, Parfum (Fragrance)

Not so good. What do you wash with?
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • jamaica81jamaica81 Registered Users Posts: 115

Not so good. What do you wash with?

good morning bushbabe. i was hoping you would respond. i co wash with either Natures Gate Hemp or Henna Conditioner.

you know what... i think it might be the fantasia gel? maybe its drying my hair out and all this heat and humidity isn't helping either. i'm probably going to go and get some aloe vera gel and start using that for a while and see.
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Registered Users Posts: 4,162 Curl Connoisseur
    Ok....its not that you have 1 or 2 products with cones...ALL these products (sans the olive oil gel) have cones in them. If you are using these products, you NEED to use a sulfate shampoo to remove all the cones. That's why your hair is dry! The cones are building up.

Shampoo with a sulfte poo and do a good DT and your hair should feel much better.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • missmoniemissmonie Registered Users Posts: 920
    Please read this article which describes silicones and the ones that are water soluble (you can remove them with co-washing) and the ones that are not (you can only remove these with a sulfate shampoo). hope this helps!

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curly-q-a/whats-the-scoop-on-silicones
    4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - http://public.fotki.com/missmonie/ - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer

comic-p.jpg
  • jamaica81jamaica81 Registered Users Posts: 115
    thanks everyone. this REALLY helps!!!!!
  • JipJip Registered Users Posts: 90
    From my personal experience, products 1&3 tend to form cottage cheese when mixed together.

HTH
    Classic Type 4A
    Coarse Texture
    Cone, Aloe, and Glycerin Sensitive
    Recovering Product Junkie

PRE SHAMPOO TREATMENT– Coconut Oil + Magick Botanicals Oil-Free Conditioner
    SHAMPOO – Sof’nFree GroHealthy Nothing But Clarifying Shampoo (Monthly)
    CONDITIONER – Magick Botanicals Oil-Free Conditioner CoWash
    LEAVE-IN CONDITIONER – Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Shea Butter Leave-in (Curly to Kinky)
    SEALANT– Homemade Natural Butter Mix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file