Sunscreen

RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,814 Curl Neophyte
What do you recommend for sunscreen for the face? I have determined that I don't get along with sunscreen that is mixed in with makeup or moisturizers so I am looking for something that I can use solo when I am using nothing else. I am at a point that I am going to stop wearing foundation all together because everything I try is breaking me out but with wearing nothing on my face, I know I need sunscreen. I am very pale and have dry skin that is somewhat sensitive. Suggestions?
Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town

Comments

• BlondieCurlBlondieCurl Registered Users Posts: 108
    Neutrogena Ultra Sheer is a good one for your face. I usually put it on in the morning, putter around a bit then do my makeup. It usually sinks right in. I just put a bit of powder on top.
    Somewhere between a 2-3a, Currently loving Innersense Quiet Calm Curl control cocktailed with L'Oreal Melting Gel.
  • 2poodles2poodles Registered Users Posts: 2,485 Curl Connoisseur
    I also like the Pure Skin Formulations SPF 30. It absorbs well and doesn't break me out. I then put pressed mineral foundation from Jane Iredale on top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• Agent ScarlettAgent Scarlett Registered Users Posts: 275
    I have the Neutrogena spray and the PSF. They're both good but I find that they leave me really shiny and I feel them on my skin. Shiseido makes really good ones with high SPFs. I bought the highest one specifically for the face and it was the only one that did not leave me shiny and was light.
  • PigletPiglet Registered Users Posts: 1,451 Curl Neophyte
    I use Clinique, the spf 40 City Block one. I've been pleased with it. I don't think it breaks me out and doesn't make me any more oily than usual. It blends in easily and is slightly tinted and so acts as a very light foundation.
    Yes, my tail is naturally curly.
    No, it was NOT me who cried 'wee wee wee wee wee' all the way home.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    i use Neutrogena Healthy Defense or Olay Complete Defense, but most people find those to be quite greasy. my skin is getting to be drier as it ages, so i don't break out from them.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • alisons79alisons79 Registered Users Posts: 680
    I agree with the Shiseido rec. I apply a blob in the morning and my face stays matte all day.

The only downside that I find is that when I go to wash my face, it's a little harder because it needs to "break-thru" the sunscreen because it's waterproof. So to combat this, I usually wipe my face a few times with the microfiber washcloth, wash with cleanser and Clarisonic and I'm good to go from there. :)

Hope that helps.

I also like the PSF as well....I use several intermixed, all for different applications....
    3A/3B
    I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.
  • VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    yes, I like shiseido as well, and I agree about removing it...it's a little hard. I also like eucerin's extra protective moisture lotion spf 30. It's fragrance-free and oil-free. I've just starting using this and so far so good.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file