Anti- aging lips

sonnysonny Registered Users Posts: 467
Is their anything to lessen the aging process for your lips?
We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. ~.Martin Luther King Jr

Comments

• VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    What specifically are you looking to do? I use an electric toothbrush and every a.m. after I brush my teeth I run the toothbrush over my lips for a minute. It helps tremendously in keeping them soft and peel-free.
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    use lip balm with spf or wear lipstick with lots of pigment to protect them from the sun.
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • sonnysonny Registered Users Posts: 467
    this may just be my imagination, but it seems the older you get the thinner your lips get?
    We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people. ~.Martin Luther King Jr
  • 2poodles2poodles Registered Users Posts: 2,485 Curl Connoisseur
    Lips do thin with age, I think. I read some advice some where to use a glossy or shiny coral-pink shade to reflect more light and make the lips appear bigger. Of course, the color could change, depending on your skin tone....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2Poodles :flower: Southeast PA
    fine, med porosity, normal elasticity
    Currently using the following 2 - 3 x/week:
    Living Proof Perfect Hair Day suphate-free Poo, cone-free CO and styling treatment, plus KCCC

• SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    In addition to lipstick with SPF or lip balm, at night I use a bit of unrefined whipped shea butter on my lips or Lush Lemony Flutter (I put it on and then blot it off so I don't really get it in my mouth).
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Lips do thin and show age. I use all my anti-aging skincare products on my lips as well as my face. PSF's DMAE seems to have made the biggest difference to my lips...plumped them back up to the same as my younger days.
    I saw this product discussed on Essential Day Spa? There is a whole huge system people are doing - Lips2kiss Lip System
    that is a scam, plain and simple...

there is no list of ingredients anywhere on that site - i'd be afraid of what i was putting on myself. and $80 for a starter kit?????

:shock:

not to mention applying twice an hour....

eek!
    My blog:

probably true, just saw around 80 pages on this product on Essential Day Spa?
    and your point is.....???

if someone refuses to provide ingredients for a product - and i did some digging and discovered that this woman REFUSES to supply an ingredient list to anyone who asks - DO NOT BUY IT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

don't even consider it - who knows what's in the stuff!

use a lip balm with sunscreen, exfoliate and use products that you can investigate thoroughly.

that stuff is snake oil - pure and simple. just because people talk about it doesn't make it good.
    My blog:

You're right, there should be no nondisclosure if I am putting something on my body. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.
    sonny wrote: »
    ...there should be no nondisclosure if I am putting something on my body.

there's one of you - you're precious! treat yourself like a masterpiece!

:D
    My blog:

• funkediscofunkedisco Registered Users Posts: 130
    what is PSF DMAE?
    2a-3a
    Modified CG
    Suave Lavender Co, Tigi MM, CK, Fuzzy Duck/FX Curl

:) Take up a course in happiness :)
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    funkedisco wrote: »
    what is PSF DMAE?

https://www.psfskincare.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=DMAE-1&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3Dall%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DCCCC

DMAE amine (different than bitartrate version) is a skin firmer. It's been scientifically proven to firm skin in concentrations of 3% in a high pH base. This is the only available DMAE preparation made to those specifications that I know of. It is very drying though, so not everyone can use it. I love it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file