The art of mixing

TK*TK* Registered Users Posts: 885
Hello all! I've been reading this site through and through and I'm picking up on a common denominator here: mixing!!! You guys add oils (jojoba, olive, tea tree) and honey to your conditioners. (Anything else I'm missing?)

So...I'm going to the store to buy Giovanni direct and Fantasia IC gel (the blue kind). I'm still not sure if you use this combination for overnight or for daily use...? What gives you the best result?

So what's the formula for co-washing? Leave-in conditioner plus what? What do you recommend or what do you usually use with your leave-in conditioner?

Thanks a bunch! I'm so excited to get started!
I'm "TechKnockout" now.

Comments

• aricurlaricurl Registered Users Posts: 304
    I don't think there is a special 'mix' for co-washing. The favorites I've read are Suave Naturals, VO5 & Tigi moisture max. I've also used a watered down, pricier conditioner as well.
    http://public.fotki.com/aricurl/
    PW: twelve

My Routine.
    Weekly Cleansers: Co-Wash - Suave Coconut or Yes to Cucumbers and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. Giovanni 50-50 poo on scalp only.
    Moisturizers: Mix of Giovanni Direct with AO Honey Suckle; KCKT; Jamaican Castor Oil, water.
    Sealers: My whipped raw shea butter/oil blend.
    Scalp Oil: Jojoba, Rosemary, Horsetail, Burdock Root, Aloe Vera Gel
    Hairstyle: Protective.

Henndigo occasionally.
  • TK*TK* Registered Users Posts: 885
    OK, thanks. :iconbiggrin: I tried the stuff yesterday and omigosh! I could feel the difference right away! I really really really love the Aubrey Jojoba&Aloe conditioner! The Fantasia IC gel smells really good too! I didn't get any flakes or crunch. It worked great! Having the right conditioner really makes a difference.
    I'm "TechKnockout" now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file