CurlTalk

Time for a haircut for split ends and shape

susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,366Registered Users
Possibly a new stylist. I don't need much done...just a trim, etc. How can I phrase it?

(Am I making any sense?)
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Comments

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Posts: 2,983Registered Users
    You can go to Supercuts and ask them to just fix the ends. Be very firm. Very, very firm.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users
    Ooooh, that's what I need too. I don't think I really need another deva cut, since I had it in March. I don't really want to change the length of the layers majorly. But it definitely needs a trim as my hair grows about an inch a month. So would I ask them to take like an inch off all of the layers? Also would I ask them to cut it dry or let them cut it wet or whatever?

Thanks.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Be very firm if you only want so much. Make sure they know what a half an inch is - make them show you where they want to cut first before they cut if need be.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users
    Okay. Got it...I'll be very assertive!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FTLGuerrero%2F" class="Popup

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz