Monique is on the radio 92.7 in CLT

jcurladyjcurlady Registered Users Posts: 626 Curl Novice
She's asking are you your hair. She just had a stylist say that natural hair is fine if your hair's not too nappy.
if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.

Comments

• michikobmichikob Registered Users Posts: 118
    exscuse my french but **** the stylists! lol
    I love seeing people with natural nappy hair...the nappiets kinkiest because atleast their proud and comfortable with it!!!!
    I'd never go to that stylist>>she's society at its worst =[
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^That was when I didn't have a relaxer for about a year and some months.
    current relaxer
    Natural: 4b
    =D
  • MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Registered Users Posts: 827
    Thats whats wrong with the world. Thats why people in the Black and Latino communities are so lost. Comments like that just make me sick.
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: http://public.fotki.com/MissKinkyCoily/ : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg
  • curlycherry28curlycherry28 Registered Users Posts: 212
    Those types of comments are so discouraging to people who are not yet fully comfortable with their hair. I agree that is whats wrong with black, latino, and indian communities today. Yes indians are like this too my best friend is from india.

http://public.fotki.com/curlycherry28
  • jcurladyjcurlady Registered Users Posts: 626 Curl Novice
    It ended up being a pretty decent show. The natural crowd came out and supported in full.
    They also discussed being natural in a corporate setting. I know that the company I work for is okay w/ anything that is worn professionally. That includes dreadlocks, naturals and any natural color.
    Do any of you have any problems w/ your hair in a corporate setting?

• missmoniemissmonie Registered Users Posts: 920
    jcurlady wrote: »
    It ended up being a pretty decent show. The natural crowd came out and supported in full.
    They also discussed being natural in a corporate setting. I know that the company I work for is okay w/ anything that is worn professionally. That includes dreadlocks, naturals and any natural color.
    Do any of you have any problems w/ your hair in a corporate setting?

luckily, i work from home...but I think i would be a bit more conscious about my hair in a typical corporate setting where people where sweater sets and slacks...which is exactly why i don't work in a place like that...doesn't fit me at all!!!

i did hear that Carowinds (theme park) has a "no dreadlock" policy for employees and I was appalled!
    4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - http://public.fotki.com/missmonie/ - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer

comic-p.jpg
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    natural hair is fine if your hair's not too nappy.
    So, what's her nappy-meter? :laughing7:
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    some people are idiots. and im not so sure if the problem is people saying, "natural is only good if youre not too nappy" but people actually BELIEVING that nonsense.

when i think about it, i am my hair. and thats fine by me. :tongue5:
  • missmoniemissmonie Registered Users Posts: 920
    my younger sister (who is 19) made a comment the other day about how she's glad her baby came out with good hair and not ni**a hair. my mouth dropped. it's so sad that people are so brainwashed.
    4a: Combo of tight coils and waves; Last relaxer - 11/05 (LC - 4/07) - http://public.fotki.com/missmonie/ - updates as of Mar '09

Products: Trader Joe's condish * Giovanni Direct Leave in * Fantasia Gel or KCCC for curl definition * Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Cream as moisturizer

comic-p.jpg
  • anonymous_4926anonymous_4926 Registered Users Posts: 678
    missmonie wrote: »
    my younger sister (who is 19) made a comment the other day about how she's glad her baby came out with good hair and not ni**a hair. my mouth dropped. it's so sad that people are so brainwashed.

the sadder thing is that her baby's hair texture is going to change. now it might not get kinky, but you never know. i was born with straight hair and i got plenty of 4a up in my head now.
    natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
    pw: enter
  • mozekemozeke Registered Users Posts: 480

Wow. *stunned*
    Last relaxer: 12/10/07
    BC date: 5/2/08
    It's your hair...do what you wanna do
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    a situation like that happened to me the other day and i wasnt sure of what to say. i took majerle to the pool where we live and there was another family who was also at there at the same time. the oldest kid looked to be about 11 maybe 12. they were all black and all the girls had relaxers. i dont think they knew that majerle is biracial because of some of the questions they were asking about her appearance (the youngest girl said, "she's white! you should get her a tan!!"). anyway, the oldest who was a boy said something about how he really liked her hair and how he wished he had hair like that, but instead he had "n*gga naps". it broke my heart.
  • mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    natural hair is fine if your hair's not too nappy.
    So, what's her nappy-meter? :laughing7:

OMG that's so funny!!!! Maybe there is a secret hair police we don't know about :tongue5:

I was getting off the train the other day and I saw this young girl with the most beautiful 4B hair. She had it in a puff and it just looked so pretty. I'm glad she didn't know about the nappy-meter.

JCurlady is that radio show online? I would love to hear that.
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• jcurladyjcurlady Registered Users Posts: 626 Curl Novice
    It is online, but the show on good hair/ bad hair was yesterday. It's MoNique the comedian's show.
    I was suprised at the amount of people who called in support of natural hair.

My mom has 4b hair and it is so pretty. I love when she wears her puff. I complimented her on it and she wears it like that all the time now. I'm trying to get her to wear her puff to my brother's wedding, but I don't think she's gonna go for it.

It really sucks when adults put horrible things in kids heads. My goddaughter had the most beautiful head of hair 3c/4a hair before her mom put a relaxer in it a few years ago. I was combing her hair and came upon a tangled piece and she asked me if her hair was nappy. I told her no, it's just tangled. She said my mommy said it's nappy hair. I didn't have the heart to tell her that her mama was just a lazy heifer. I would braid that childs hair and her mom would try to request a certain braid size b/c it was hard to take them loose. It wasn't the size of the braid, it was the fact that she left them in for months on end. That child would come to me w/ a pack of fuzz on her head.
    Sorry about going off on a tangent.

• KitathenaKitathena Registered Users Posts: 1,666 Curl Neophyte

Before I had my own baby, I was an NICU nurse. The hospital that I worked at had mostly black patients. There would be babies there who were about 24 weeks gestation, on the ventilator, just barely making it. When relatives would come in, they would say things like "Oh he's got some good hair" or "His mama just wanted me to come in and see what kind of hair he has" It would always amaze me how these little ones would be so sick but their parents were concerned with their hair.

The few occasions I worked in the newborn nursery I'd hear comments about that hair too "I don't know where she got that good hair from, I know she didn't get it from me or her daddy" I'd make good and sure they'd know that MOST babies are born with hair like that and that it will more than likely change
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • aricurlaricurl Registered Users Posts: 304
    curlymami wrote: »

the sadder thing is that her baby's hair texture is going to change. now it might not get kinky, but you never know. i was born with straight hair and i got plenty of 4a up in my head now.

Yup. I had 3b hair when I was a baby. My mom thought she found black-gold. Then one morning when I was 2, I woke up with 4ab hair.
    http://public.fotki.com/aricurl/
    PW: twelve

My Routine.
    Weekly Cleansers: Co-Wash - Suave Coconut or Yes to Cucumbers and Trader Joe's Nourish Spa. Giovanni 50-50 poo on scalp only.
    Moisturizers: Mix of Giovanni Direct with AO Honey Suckle; KCKT; Jamaican Castor Oil, water.
    Sealers: My whipped raw shea butter/oil blend.
    Scalp Oil: Jojoba, Rosemary, Horsetail, Burdock Root, Aloe Vera Gel
    Hairstyle: Protective.

Henndigo occasionally.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file