Proper Application?

CidsaCidsa Posts: 15Registered Users
Hey guys,
I just started trying to deal with my curls instead of constantly straightening them and such.. but I find it really difficult.

I have hair that is between type 2a and 2b and it's rather fine. When I apply product, I get a lot of stringy, limp curls instead of anything else.

I've been doing what I think is scrunching, but maybe I'm doing it wrong. Is there a certain way this needs to be done?

Oh yeah, I try to avoid using a diffuser because I am uncertain if my hair dryer is coated with teflon (I have birds and any teflon burn off could kill them in minutes, not risking their lives for my hair). Plus it usually just makes my hair super frizzy.

Here is a picture of how it went yesterday with plopping and scrunching: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/cidsa/curly.jpg
:(

Comments

• wavy in neenahwavy in neenah Posts: 113Registered Users
    I get stringy limp curls when I use products with polyquats in them.

The Jessicurl site has some good videos on how to apply products, scrunch, plop, and diffuse. I think it's just www.jessicurl.com
    Hair type: Currently 2c/3amii. Modified CG since 05/25/2008. Length is roughly 2" past my collar bone.
    'Poo: Dr. Bronner's lemon 'poo bar once a week.
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals coconut condish. Freeman SeaKelp Moisturizing Condish.
    Styling: Flax seed gel, Tresemme Bouncy Curls, Hask Spray-It Curly, Tresemme Curl Locking Spray.
    Towel: Fake chamois from the auto dept. Gets out so much water that my hair is starting to spiral instead of water weight pulling them all out into waves.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Mine was like that when I first started CG. I was leaving in too much conditioner.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • CidsaCidsa Posts: 15Registered Users
    Well I tried forgoing the leave-in conditioner I had and my hair looks much better today. It's not perfect because I touched it ^^;;

But thanks for the links, they helped :)
    Now I just need to try clipping.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Unfortunately, it took me weeks to find what worked for my hair and even now it is a work in progress. You have to sort out what ingredients and techniques work for you, but things DO get better. Everyone is very helpful here, and people are pretty generous with sharing samples if you want to try before you buy. The swap board is also a good place to look for things. Good luck and welcome!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file