A stupid question

vanityhairvanityhair Posts: 29Registered Users
I don't know if I'm posting in the right forum for this, but I'm wondering about quotes. For instance:
Here is my quote from so-and-so

How can I get the bold lettering above the quote to say "so-and-so said" instead of just "quote"? Everyone else seems to be able to do it. Why can't I?

I hope you understand my question. If you don't, I'll try to be more clear. Thanks!
3A
HGs: Elucence MBC, Pink Boots, HEHD

Comments

• jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    Instead of using the quote button above, are you clicking quote on the person's post you want to quote? I don't know if I'm explaining it very well, but you see in the top right corner of this post how there is quote? If I want it to say the person's name, I click that. Maybe that's what you're doing? If so, I don't know, because I just tested it.[/quote]
    2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein
  • vanityhairvanityhair Posts: 29Registered Users
    Okay, so I'm testing here with your quote.
    jersey8 wrote:
    Instead of using the quote button above, are you clicking quote on the person's post you want to quote? I don't know if I'm explaining it very well, but you see in the top right corner of this post how there is quote? If I want it to say the person's name, I click that. Maybe that's what you're doing? If so, I don't know, because I just tested it.

It worked! Thanks jersey8! I felt like such a moron because I could not figure it out for the life of me. :oops:
    3A
    HGs: Elucence MBC, Pink Boots, HEHD
  • jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    Awww...don't feel bad. I'm just a frequenter on message boards...tons of them. I even had one of my own for a while. But yeah...so it's something I've just obsevered over time. How else are you going to know if you don't ask? :D
    2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein
  • DayzieDayzie Posts: 233Registered Users
    jersey8 wrote:
    Instead of using the quote button above, are you clicking quote on the person's post you want to quote? I don't know if I'm explaining it very well, but you see in the top right corner of this post how there is quote? If I want it to say the person's name, I click that. Maybe that's what you're doing? If so, I don't know, because I just tested it.
    [/quote]

Okay sorry just had to try it myself :oops: . I've never been able to figure that one out either. I can't believe that it is so simple :oops: . Thanks jersey8 :D !
    "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing."

"There is so much good in the worst of us and so much bad in the best of us, it hardly behooves any of us to talk about the rest of us."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file