After surgery help

curlygirl1012curlygirl1012 Posts: 72Registered Users
I recently had a mis-miscarrage at 12 weeks. I had to have a D & C on Monday and today I am still having a lot of pain and my stomach is quite swollen. I know it is silly but I keep thinking the surgeon left something inside of me (i.e. gauze, surgical instrument, etc....) I know completely crazy! I have called the dr. and they said it is normal. Does anybody else know how long I should be in pain and how long my stomach should be swollen?
MM Shampoo and MM Condish(mixed with honey), Bed Head Ego Boost leave-in, CK, Re:coil......Loving it :blob7:

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't have an answer for you but just wants to send you (((((HUGS))))). I'm very sorry for your loss.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Give yourself a few more days. You should be feeling better soon. The uterus will involute and be back to it's pre-pregnancy size within a couple weeks. If the pain persists past the first week though, or if your bleeding is heavy, you should go back to the doctor.

I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • briccagrlbriccagrl Posts: 540Registered Users
    Im so sorry for your loss.
    When I had mine I had discomfort for about 3-4 days . They gave me pain meds which was no benefit at all. So I called my nurse and she had we switch to Advil because I wasnt having alot of bleeding just discomfort which worked alot better for me. Hopefully you will be feeling well soon.
    .png
  • curlygirl1012curlygirl1012 Posts: 72Registered Users
    Thank you all for your kind words and your advice! I knew fellow curlies would be the best help.
    MM Shampoo and MM Condish(mixed with honey), Bed Head Ego Boost leave-in, CK, Re:coil......Loving it :blob7:
  • cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No advice. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry for your loss.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I, too, am sorry for your loss.
    ((hugs))
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am so sorry for your loss.
  • curlygirl1012curlygirl1012 Posts: 72Registered Users
    I can't say thank you enough to all of you for thinking about me. It was a hard three months i was on bed rest because I have a heart problem that is very high risk when pregnant, so to be on bed rest and then to lose the baby and then to have surgery and still feel awful, it hasn't been a great 3 months, but I am feeling better a little everyday with lots of prayers and love from everybody.

I am going back to work after the holiday and it is bitter sweet, but I will be glad to be busy all day so I won't have to think about the past 3 months with angst. Thank you again, take care.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file