CurlTalk

Random 4A thoughts

HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
I liked this idea over at the 3c forum. So, I'm starting one here, too. Say what you want. Hair or not, let it out.

I'm at the lab working on my research. Why am I on nc.com? Good thing companies don't consider this a bad place and block it too. Otherwise, some of ya'll would be hurtin'. lol.
Thick coarse 3c/4a prone to dryness.
Staples
Aphogee 2 Step treatment
Generic Biolage Conditioning Balm
Tigi MM Conditioner
Creme of Nature Shampoo for dry hair
KCCC
Denman D3
Giovanni Direct Leave-in
SheaMoisture Leave-in
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMsHeatherNicole%2F" class="Popup

"Make it work!"- Tim Gunn

Comments

• TLMMMTLMMM Posts: 457Registered Users
    rt1: I probably would never actually go postal, but I understand.

rt2: locked up abroad is one of the best shows I've seen in a very long time.

rt3: my hair started out so promising last night. today? not so much.

good idea HN, I felt like an imposter posting among the 3c's lol
  • HeatherNicoleHeatherNicole Posts: 1,316Registered Users
    TLMMM wrote: »
    rt1: I probably would never actually go postal, but I understand.

LOL that is seriously one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.
    Staples
    Aphogee 2 Step treatment
    Tigi MM Conditioner
    KCCC
    Denman D3
    Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    SheaMoisture Leave-in
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMsHeatherNicole%2F" class="Popup

• mslanee1mslanee1 Posts: 439Registered Users
    YES! I am so glad we have one of these now!

---WTF was Shaq thinking "Kobe how my a** taste? If you dont know, look it up on you tube. SOO FUNNY!

--- Is it time to get off yet? Is it wrong to look for a new job, at your current job? Probably, huh?
    CURRENT PRODUCTS: Oyin Honey Hemp, Honey Wash, Burnt Sugar Pomade, Shine and Define, and Whipped Pudding. Also loving HH Hello Hydration and HENNA!

No, it's not wrong. In fact, I'd advise it.
    Staples
    Aphogee 2 Step treatment
    Tigi MM Conditioner
    KCCC
    Denman D3
    Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    SheaMoisture Leave-in

• afrodominican1afrodominican1 Posts: 650Registered Users
    Just quit job and looking for another one, weight loss goal at a stand still, still single, life's a b**ch.
    BC: 2/16/08
    Second BC: 12/22/10
    Dreads!!! 2/16/2014
    Third BC:3/22/16
    Goal Length: waist length

Princess Tiara, Guardian of the Crystal Heart of the Indigo Seas, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    Just quit job and looking for another one, weight loss goal at a stand still, still single, life's a b**ch.

you're just in a rut. things will improve.

rt: I am feeling very kelis right now, but yelling might make these people think I am truly insane.
  • ShonesShones Posts: 244Registered Users
    Life is fabulous. A 50-foot tree fell in our yard, but it didn't touch our house nor our neighbors, thank God.

I don't want to be double-minded. Having a different persona at work vs. home vs. online is no longer an option. There needs to be consistency in how I look from God's vantage point.

I never thought I would be so into HAIR. This is nuts! But it's fun.
    Natural since '97 - 8 yrs loc'ed, free-form since then :)
    Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fcurlysweetlife.blogspot.com" class="Popup
    Twitter: ShoniFree
    YouTube: Shonesters
    Fearfully and wonderfully made in His likeness and image
  • anonymous_4926anonymous_4926 Posts: 678Registered Users
    Shones wrote: »
    I never thought I would be so into HAIR. This is nuts! But it's fun.

lol...me either! i just went "hair shopping" like i would go grocery shopping. i made a list and everything. it was crazy.
    natural since 1998. trying to adapt to this midwest weather while still keeping it simple. current length: MBL (stretched)

www.fotki.com/curlymami
    pw: enter
  • mozekemozeke Posts: 480Registered Users
    Oh this ish is FIYAH!

What would happen if social security, welfare benefits, and unemployment ended?

I want to get extension in my hair but I know the people in my family who don't support my natural hair will say I couldn't handle it. I want to prove them wrong. Is that bad?

I am scared as hell about going to graduate school.
    Last relaxer: 12/10/07
    BC date: 5/2/08
    It's your hair...do what you wanna do
  • mslanee1mslanee1 Posts: 439Registered Users
    My hubby just hit me up about going to Kings Dominion this weekend. I want to go but then again I dont. To be honest I am nervous. He LOVES roller coasters, and I used to but its been like 7 years since I rode one, so I am nervous!

Mozeke I dont think its wrong at all. Sometimes people are just wrong, and its nothing wrong with showing them that.
    CURRENT PRODUCTS: Oyin Honey Hemp, Honey Wash, Burnt Sugar Pomade, Shine and Define, and Whipped Pudding. Also loving HH Hello Hydration and HENNA!

• CurlyFashionistaCurlyFashionista Posts: 54Registered Users
    I think my hair could use a little more moisture...

I'm sooo supposed to be working on a project right now for my boss.......

I think i might be obsessed with hair......

Maybe i'm just passionate?

Okay how can I find my niche when i luv accounting, fashion and haircare? hmmmmmmm

Superbad is my new isshhh! anybody seen it? Ha-ha-ha-larious!!
    mozeke wrote: »
    Oh this ish is FIYAH!

What would happen if social security, welfare benefits, and unemployment ended?

I want to get extension in my hair but I know the people in my family who don't support my natural hair will say I couldn't handle it. I want to prove them wrong. Is that bad?
    I am scared as hell about going to graduate school.

I spent 11 years trying to prove people wrong about my hair when I was wearing locs. truth is, the only person you can please is yourself. otherwise any hairdo you have, no matter how beautiful will be ugly to you.
  • forensic_curlychickforensic_curlychick Posts: 266Registered Users
    I too have become obsessed with my hair and also nervous about my internship and grad school (dead people is no fun to look at)........but that's the field I choose, might as well have good hair while at it.
  • MissKinkyCoilyMissKinkyCoily Posts: 827Registered Users
    Im really hating my hair these days :thumbdown:.
    5 YEARS OF FABULOUS NAPPYNESS
    :wav:

Last Relaxer: August 2003
    Final Chop: October 2004

Photos: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMissKinkyCoily%2F" class="Popup : December 2009 Updates

comic-p.jpg
  • jcurladyjcurlady Posts: 626Registered Users
    I paid $35 for some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]kccc[/buylink] a few days ago and last month I paid $23. I know I already posted about this but I'm still mad.

Also, I hate customer service.
    if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.
  • va_candiva_candi Posts: 849Registered Users
    *Patting Afrodominican1 on the back*

I feel your pain. I feel like giving up on the weight loss and eating a cheesecake. I wish there was a dessert place that delivered.

I just turned 27 years old this past weekend, and I feel more confused about what I want to be when I grow up than I did when I was 17. I want to go to medical school, but I'm missing several pre-requisites, and quite frankly, I'm afraid.

Man, it felt good to admit that!

Last one...I saw a relative this past weekend. She's definitely not the most tactful person that I know. Upon seeing my short, natural hair for the first time, her response was not "hello" but "Why'd you cut your hair??? How long do you think it will take to grow back???" As if I don't have enough to worry about! But secretly, I've been worrying too--how long will it take to grow back? :sad7:
  • pammiecurlpammiecurl Posts: 93Registered Users
    Well, let's see.....I'm frying some fish for dinner tonight, I quit my job to go to school towards my Bachelor's degree full-time, I'm in more debt than I thought I'd be and my daughter keeps bugging me to get another job so I can buy her all the things that she wants.

I'm glad to be alive and healthy, though. :occasion9: I just co-washed my hair to prepare for my twists that I will put in tomorrow. I'm about to go on vacation with my partner and daughter starting with the Gay Pride Parade on Sunday. Yeah.....I can't wait!!! :icescream::occasion9:
  • GlammourGirlGlammourGirl Posts: 131Registered Users

Woo...woo...woo...
    I feel your pain. My weight loss goals seem never-ending. And I am officially "the single friend." I just had my 34th birthday on the 14th and spent it alone for the first time ever. That sucked.

The company that I work for just got bought (or a merger as they call it) and more than likely I will be unemployed just in time for Christmas. But I'm not scared or nervous. Actually, I'm anxious. I've been working there for almost 11 years and I'm ready to move on.
  • smokindivasmokindiva Posts: 90Registered Users
    Okay, this looks like fun

....I love being natural but I'm not in love with my hair right now.

...I love being a mom but let's face it motherhood is hard

...I just bought a box wine from Target and it's delicious:wink:

...I'm trying to hang in with this bun challenge but I have a hook head and the bun is just bringing more attention to it.

..my back is killing me.

Wow, that's was cleansing...thanks

Yvonne
    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    -MLK

Loves: Henna, Amla, Rhassoul clay, avocado butter, aloe vera gel, flax seed gel and castor oil.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Okay, Why are a lot of the products for natural hair aimed at biracial, wavy, or 3 series hair types? I attended a demonstration at UB in the Atlanta area last weekend. The 2 hair models that they used had either loose curls or wavy hair. Most of the people in the audience had 4a and 4b hair. How are we to know if the products work for our hair type or not? I guess the idea is to psych us out by showing those hair types which evokes an emotional response in us and we but the products, rush home and get the 3a or 3b curl look. It's that easy!---not.

I don't think Curls promotes enough nappy styling options (to promote moisture, curls, or what not), nor does Blended Beauty, and especially Mixed Chicks.

Ya'll may hate on Miss Jessie, but her marketing is awesome. She has pictures galore of various hair styles on various hair types. Her product is overrated, but she sure as heck appealed to the natural in all of us. YOU TOO CAN TURN KINKS TO CURLS! Thanks Miss Jessie, you saved me from myself! ha ha ha
    miss jessie is some overpriced malarkey...
    I got better "curl" definition from some $3 fantasia ic gel...

rt: the sad part is realizing that after spending all this money, brillantina and co-washing daily work the best.

rt2: mcdonalds sweet tea is soooooo tasty.
    Why is it that I told my ex I was done talking to him for good and he said ok, yet a week later (today) I get a message asking me where I am and a text asking me what I'm doing. (Which I didn't respond to...mostly because I was busy)?

Ohhhhhh, this is what happened when you take good people for granted. Maybe he should watch "Why Did I Get Married?" So he can be informed of the 80-20 rule.
    Staples
    Aphogee 2 Step treatment
    Tigi MM Conditioner
    KCCC
    Denman D3
    Giovanni Direct Leave-in
    SheaMoisture Leave-in

• jadeperidotjadeperidot Posts: 46Registered Users
    I went to Dorney Park's Wild Water Kingdom yesterday. An entire day of chlorine and hot sun with only a Goody Ouchless band at my disposal. It was not a good look.:thumbdown: To make it worse, I went with my good friend who just happens to have beautiful 2c-3a curls that look awesome wet compared to my dry and fried wet poodle look! Man, I need a new routine.
    3c/4a soft & frizzy curls with way too much SHRINKAGE :thumbdown:

Doing what the mean hair says and keeping it as conditioned as possible.

**Craving longer hair**
  • jadeperidotjadeperidot Posts: 46Registered Users
    I went to Dorney Park's Wild Water Kingdom yesterday and let me tell you, an entire day of chlorine and hot sun is not a good look for this head.:thumbdown:To make things worse, I went with my good friend who just happens to have beautiful 2c-3a curls that look awesome wet compared to my dried and fried wet poodle look. Man, I need a new routine. Or maybe just new hair.
    3c/4a soft & frizzy curls with way too much SHRINKAGE :thumbdown:

Doing what the mean hair says and keeping it as conditioned as possible.

**Craving longer hair**
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    This diet sucks. I'm going to McDonalds and get a chicken biscuit.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Mo_Gemini22Mo_Gemini22 Posts: 485Registered Users
    Hair.......still trying to figure it out but still wearing the wig. Getting tired of it and it's getting HOT (I live in Dallas). Just need to BC and get over it! :afro:

B-day........turned 33 on the 20th. I'm thankful but was not in the birthday mood. My mom and sis harressed me to death that I needed to go out!

Car.....not even 2 years old and part of the engine has to replaced??!! Thank God its under warranty! I bought a Honda because they are supposed to be the best?!!

Job/career.......I'm bored! I need a new one!

Last but not least men........where are the good ones? I'm sorry but the men suck in Dallas!! :evil1: I need to move!

On the bright side.......I am going to Atlanta this weekend for my cousin's surpise b-day party! :occasion9:
    Last relaxer - July 07
    BC - 8/2/08
    4B headband-holic
    Products in rotation (too many!):
    Shampoo - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Giovanni Tea Tree
    Condish - Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Trader Joe Nourish Spa
    Leave in - Sheamoisture Curl Milk, KCNT, Giovanni Direct
    Deep Treatment - Apoghee Two Step Protein Treatment, Giovanni Nutrafix
    Moisturizers - Carefree Curl Gold Spray
    Stylers - Sheamoisture Curl Smoothie
  • motherearthamothereartha Posts: 355Registered Users
    Why is it that I told my ex I was done talking to him for good and he said ok, yet a week later (today) I get a message asking me where I am and a text asking me what I'm doing. (Which I didn't respond to...mostly because I was busy)?

Ohhhhhh, this is what happened when you take good people for granted. Maybe he should watch "Why Did I Get Married?" So he can be informed of the 80-20 rule.

amen!!! that happens to me w/ my on again off again SO....stick to your guns girl or you'll be repeating that convo forever...learn from my mistakes.:thumbdown:
    thick, kinky, nappy, hair w/ dashes of curls
    pw: bearhair
    Hair.......still trying to figure it out but still wearing the wig. Getting tired of it and it's getting HOT (I live in Dallas). Just need to BC and get over it! :afro:

B-day........turned 33 on the 20th. I'm thankful but was not in the birthday mood. My mom and sis harressed me to death that I needed to go out!

Car.....not even 2 years old and part of the engine has to replaced??!! Thank God its under warranty! I bought a Honda because they are supposed to be the best?!!

Job/career.......I'm bored! I need a new one!

Last but not least men........where are the good ones? I'm sorry but the men suck in Dallas!! :evil1: I need to move!

On the bright side.......I am going to Atlanta this weekend for my cousin's surpise b-day party! :occasion9:

The good men aren't in Atlanta either, so don't be fooled when you come here! They're probably looking for what you're looking for too!

amen!!! that happens to me w/ my on again off again SO....stick to your guns girl or you'll be repeating that convo forever...learn from my mistakes.:thumbdown:

I second that! I was just telling my sister that I'm tired of recycling men. I've been off and on with the same tired negro for the past 3 years. It's time to try something new.
  • jcurladyjcurlady Posts: 626Registered Users
    The best men are in Philly if you're just wanting to date and Charlotte if you want to get married.

If you meet a nice man from New Orleans, just say no.
    if luvin KCKT and KCCC is wrong I don't wanna b right

sell crazy somewhere else...we're all stocked up here.