couch to 5k

laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Registered Users Posts: 239 Curl Neophyte
have any of you lost (while trying to) weight while on this challenge? Because I am trying to or at least tone up and i was wondering if this was a good way to.

Comments

• midgimidgi Registered Users Posts: 2,409 Curl Neophyte
    There's another thread that mentions this, with few responses but I'm being lazy right now. Anyway, I printed this off yesterday and I'm thinking of trying it. I've always disliked running, but I think I can learn to deal.

I'm trying to get in shape too, btw.
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
  • laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Registered Users Posts: 239 Curl Neophyte
    how much do you want to lose? If you don't mind me asking...because maybe if we want to lose around the same we could be...idk weight loss buddies haha now that I think of it it sounds kind of stupid but I think I could do better if I had someone to vent to or push or push me or something. idk.
  • a.l.i.c.e.a.l.i.c.e. Registered Users Posts: 673
    I've done the couch to 5k and it helped me lose weight and tone up. I probably weighed about 120 when I started and around 110 or 108 when I ran the 5k. Best of all I RAN A 5K! I know this doesn't sound like much to lots of people, but prior to doing the program I was NOT a runner. I think I ran when they forced us in PE, but never for more than maybe 30 seconds at a time. The couch to 5k program is a great way to ease into running, and if you are non-athletic (like I was), you will feel yourself getting stronger. Running also made me eat better without even thinking about it. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted, but when I am running on a regular basis I find myself wanting more of the good stuff!

Since doing the program I have run in a 5k, a 4 miler, and an 8k. I am planning to do a 10k in the fall and a 10 miler (fingers crossed) in the spring. I am hoping to work my way up to half marathon. I still don't **love** running. I always have to psych myself up to get started, but I LOVE the feeling of accomplishment afterwards and proving to myself that I can do things I never thought possible.

Anyway, I got long winded, but I just had to say I loved the couch to 5k program, and if it worked for someone as non-athletic as me, it can work for anyone!
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -Suave Aloe & Waterlily cowash/leave-in
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    -FOTE aloe vera gel
  • laynesavedthedaylaynesavedtheday Registered Users Posts: 239 Curl Neophyte
    awesome! well I'm also supplementing this with either comcast on demand cardio workouts or cardio machines at the gym so I think I can do this! Yay :]

and I just completed day one of week one
    the podcast I downloaded helped LOADS...I can't wait to see the results :D
  • a.l.i.c.e.a.l.i.c.e. Registered Users Posts: 673
    Ooh, where did you get the podcast? I am trying to work back up to a 10k in September, and I could really use a boost!
    botticelli-ish bob.

Current Routine:
    -Suave Aloe & Waterlily cowash/leave-in
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    -FOTE aloe vera gel
  • newcurlynewcurly Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    I use the podrunner podcasts (you can find them on iTunes by going to podcasts and searching for podrunner). They are a great workout companion!
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • jaimersjaimers Registered Users Posts: 98
    I did this program a few years ago and lost 20+ lbs. I really want to do it again because since then I've gotten pretty lazy :)

I'm going to look up podrunner right now!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file