air dry tips?

funkediscofunkedisco Posts: 130Registered Users
As the weather is warming up I really don't feel like diffusing.

Problem is, when I air dry my curls are kinda limp and lack volume so they look bleh and I don't like it!

I don't plop, maybe that would help? I tried plopping before but it didn't work well but it could have been because my hair was too short at the time. Now my hair is just about shoulder length. I'm thinking about getting a curlease towel b/c I've heard they are so great for drying. I currently just use a regular microfiber one.

Thanks for the help!
2a-3a
Modified CG
Suave Lavender Co, Tigi MM, CK, Fuzzy Duck/FX Curl

:) Take up a course in happiness :)

Comments

• eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Plopping might help, it's worth a try. I have to diffuse or my hair looks bad and limp.

You don't have to buy a Curlease towel if you don't want to. I use an old 100% cotton long sleeved t-shirt to plop. It works great. I put the towel upside down on the counter and drop my forehead onto the neckline of the T. Then bring the bottom/hemline over my head and onto my neck. Then grab the sleeves and wrap them around tying in the front. Works great. I bought a Curlease and only use it for scrunching. I found it was too big when fully open but not big enough when folded to plop in. Could be user error though, LOL.

You can also use cotton kitchen towels (the old fashioned flour sack type towels. Target, K-Mart those types of stores sell them) or some people here use cotton baby diapers
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Interestingly enough I cant air dry for the EXACT opposite reason - my hair gets too big and too curly.

Weird.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »
    Interestingly enough I cant air dry for the EXACT opposite reason - my hair gets too big and too curly.

Weird.

Mine too - at least in the summer.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »

Weird.

Mine too - at least in the summer.
    Thats true. In the winter i can let it air dry and it looks fine - its just too freakin cold to wait!
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 606Registered Users
    I asked a similar question a while back. Some will be off topic for you, but you might find a tip or two here.

I've been scrunching a lot while wet, blotting with a curlease towel, diffusing just a little (a minute or so on each section of my hair) to set the curl and air drying the rest of the way.

Good luck!
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

• funkediscofunkedisco Posts: 130Registered Users
    Thanks, I'm trying plopping again with no more than 5 min of diffusing. Things are still developing...let you know how they turn out.
    2a-3a
    Modified CG
    Suave Lavender Co, Tigi MM, CK, Fuzzy Duck/FX Curl

:) Take up a course in happiness :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file