Drunken idiot at a wedding..

Jess2316Jess2316 Registered Users Posts: 617
I was at a wedding last night and as we were leaving I had stopped to say goodbye to someone and she had been talking to this (really drunk) guy and as I was talking to her this guy out of nowhere looks at me and says, really sarcastically, "Nice perm". It was just a really mean tone of voice and all that, you know what I mean. My DH was standing right next to me and I hear him under his breath go "uh oh" and next thing I know he's defending me! He says to this idiot hey actually it's naturally curly and this and that and the idiot says oh that's natural well then I like it...

I asked him so if this was a perm it would be ugly but since it's natural it's ok? He stumbled all over his words saying something about growing up around people who got perms or something stupid, I don't know I just said goodbye to my friend and walked away while he was still talking. Drunken fool.
3a fine hair (I think)

CoN poo and Biolage Conditioning Balm
I love CK and B&A gel...I like HETT Mousse

Comments

• EternitycurlsEternitycurls Registered Users Posts: 337
    He was just a drunk jerk who probably used to be a bully in school. Don't let his hateful words effect you.
  • mariag002mariag002 Registered Users Posts: 3,557 Curl Neophyte
    Don't pay attention to drunk fools. I'm glad your DH defended you tho, how cute
    - Maria

Big Chop: 9/23/07
    Relaxer free for almost 5 years!

• jillipoojillipoo Registered Users Posts: 3,795 Curl Neophyte
    Ugh. What a *******. My guess is he's not much better when he's sober...

It's hard to dismiss comments that are hurtful, even when we know that they came from somebody not in control of his body or mind. I'll bet you looked wonderful and that during the course of the time you spent at the wedding, other people either complimented your hair or secretly wanted to!

I'm sorry that incident happened to you. Alcohol just really doesn't do much for people.
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo
  • lioneselionese Registered Users Posts: 140 Curl Neophyte
    Amen, Jillipoo! Like you, I bet that guy wasn't much better sober. There seems to be alot more bullies out there now. Years ago, a guy like that wouldn't dare say something as rude as that. People had more respect for each other. I am also sorry you had to hear that guy say that, Jess2316. There's alot of plain old mean people in this world. But, as you can see from the support your getting here, there are alot more good people!
  • mddermmdderm Registered Users Posts: 61 Curl Neophyte
    Idiot I tell you. If it makes you feel any better, someone once called me Michael Jackson...cuz you know how he used to have curly hair? At least you weren't compared to a man...:sad8:. I'm sorry you had to come across a jerk like that.
  • 30isthenewblack30isthenewblack Registered Users Posts: 49 Curl Neophyte
    mdderm wrote: »
    Idiot I tell you. If it makes you feel any better, someone once called me Michael Jackson...cuz you know how he used to have curly hair? At least you weren't compared to a man...:sad8:. I'm sorry you had to come across a jerk like that.

OMG ... I was called Michael Jackson by this guy at the gym. I look really young for my age so I think guys think I'm some early 20 something that will be too scared to respond back. I started telling him off in front of everyone at the gym & I haven't seen him since. It's incredibly rude. I get comments like I used to have hair like yours when perms were in fashion. Umm ... right ... well, my hair is natural and I don't think that you could ever have curls like mine no matter how much you were prepared to pay for them. Seriously, I am dark skinned & my hair has an afro texture. Get a clue ... anyone who isn't ignorant would know my hair is natural.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778
    What an idiot. :evil1: He's probably compensating for something, if you KWIM. :wink:

I love that your DH stood up for your hair though. That's awesome.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • Jess2316Jess2316 Registered Users Posts: 617
    Thanks everyone! I am definately not letting it bother me, I almost thought it was funny. At the time I was a little po-ed...but I'm over it. I kinda thought it was funny that if it was a perm it was ugly and if it is natural then that's ok..doesn't make sense to me but WHATEVER!!

I also was amused at my DH's initial response, the under the breath "uh-oh"...ha he thought I was gonna lay into him. But he did it for me, what a sweetie. :love7: Oh yeah and lots of other people had positive comments on my hair that night. They have all seen me a million times but that night my hair was ULTRA curly and everyone commented on it :)
    3a fine hair (I think)

CoN poo and Biolage Conditioning Balm
    I love CK and B&A gel...I like HETT Mousse
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Registered Users Posts: 6,252 Curl Neophyte
    Some idiots will say to me "I love your 80's hair". Ummm...okay, how is naturally curly hair "80's hair"? I'm done with being nice when people make ******* comments. :evil1:
  • notegalnotegal Registered Users Posts: 560
    Jess2316 wrote: »
    I was at a wedding last night and as we were leaving I had stopped to say goodbye to someone and she had been talking to this (really drunk) guy and as I was talking to her this guy out of nowhere looks at me and says, really sarcastically, "Nice perm". It was just a really mean tone of voice and all that, you know what I mean. My DH was standing right next to me and I hear him under his breath go "uh oh" and next thing I know he's defending me! He says to this idiot hey actually it's naturally curly and this and that and the idiot says oh that's natural well then I like it...

I asked him so if this was a perm it would be ugly but since it's natural it's ok? He stumbled all over his words saying something about growing up around people who got perms or something stupid, I don't know I just said goodbye to my friend and walked away while he was still talking. Drunken fool.

Some people should definitely think before they speak....I have a perfect example to go along with yours. I went to the mall last Sunday to just to window shop and walked past one of those kiosks with the flat irons and their lovely assistant straighteners... and the guy said to me would you like yours straightened and I took one look at him and said no thanks I happen to like my curls. My two guy friends I was with laughed and the guy just looked at me with his mouth gapping open....I showed him...:toothy7::wink::laughing7:
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• nieceypoonieceypoo Registered Users Posts: 104
    Why that drunken a******...thankfully your hubby stood up for you. Had it been me the comment was made to, I probably would have let go with a really nasty comeback because drunks make me sick when they open their mouths and trash comes out. I just cannot consider the source and let it go.
    I LOVE my curls...finally! :toothy4:
    3b

Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
    VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Conditioner
    Boots Curl Creme - Pink
    Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
    Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray Gel
    L'Oreal Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner for curly hair
    Shampoo Bars

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji