CurlTalk

Concert Hair - TOO LONG!

jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
I just went to a concert on Friday night, and I did my hair really nice. I LOVED the way it looked....GREAT waves (almost 3a right beside my face...that part even acheived 2nd day hair). But the problem was...it took me 2-3 hours to make my waves look good (I have naturally wavy hair, but it looks like I just rolled out of bed if I don't fix it). I have that sort of time when I go out and really want to look nice, but not on a normal day. So I think I'm going to go modified CG for a few months. If that doesn't work...I don't know what I'll do...body wave? I love the way wavy hair looks on me (opposed to just straightening), but not when it takes 2-3 hours to make it look good. :?
2b, low porosity, high density, fine, loves protein

Comments

• CricketCricket Posts: 205Registered Users
    Exactly...Why does "good hair" takes so long to get? I think it is our hair type, because before I decided to go all curly, I could be ready in an hour. Now it takes f o r e v e r and I am usually still not happy with the results.

I love the curls I get in the back and on the bottom of my hair, but the top is flat and pretty much straight. In order to get curl I have to twist it or pin it and then hope it dries good. Otherwise I hate it. If I diffuse it the top is all big and frizzy (not curly). The other problem is it takes f o r e v e r to dry in order to see the end result. I shower at 5:00am and it can be 9am before my hair is done.

If I have somewhere I have to be early in the morning, I either pull it back/up or pull it back in a scrunchy and dry the top layer with a round brush and then let the rest dry natuarally into pretty curls. That way I already know what it will look like.

I wish my hair was either curlier from the ears up, or thicker so it wouldn't be so flat at the roots, or straight so it wouldn't curl up in humidity.
  • jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    Well, good. I'm not the only one experiencing this.

But yeah...CG for a couple of months. If that doesn't work I'll be super tempted to get a body wave.
  • jersey8jersey8 Posts: 195Registered Users
    I put a pic of it in my album. I'm wondering that since it WILL look like that...it just takes 3 hours...that will going modified CG help? I'm gonna do it anyway, but I'm hoping that it will look like this a lot faster, without so many products/forcing.