Help w/Salicylic Acid

CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
Do I need to rinse it off before applying moisturizer?

The bottle says leave on for 1-3 minutes and rinse off. From reading posts it seems everyone is leaving it on longer though?!?!?

TIA!!!
I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
Audrey Hepburn

Comments

• alisons79alisons79 Registered Users Posts: 680
    I think RCW mentioned that they probably do this to cover their butts.

I don't rinse mine off before I apply the next product. I just make sure to wait the 30 minutes for it to neutralize.
    3A/3B
    I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks Alison!!! Thats what I thought, but just wanted to double check before I burned my skin or something!
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
  • alisons79alisons79 Registered Users Posts: 680
    Sure, glad to help! :)
    3A/3B
    I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.
  • 2happy2happy Registered Users Posts: 5,138
    I do the same as alison.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    Ok, another question!

When I'm done with the SA, the gauze it almost black...is that normal???
    Audrey Hepburn
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Skin cells can come off on the gauze pad, so it's not all necessarily dirt, although it can be some. I solve the problem by not using pads to apply my SA. I just put it directly on my face with a dropper. Less wastage that way too.
    If it's skin cells though, isn't that good to get off?

How do you do it with a dropper, isn't it to runny for that?

TIA!
    Audrey Hepburn
  • 2happy2happy Registered Users Posts: 5,138
    I just drop it from the bottle onto my fingers a couple drops at a time and apply.

I put my pointer and middle finger together, so when it runs before I get it to my face, it lands in the crack and still makes it to my face.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file