::sigh:: difficult hair weekend!

UTgalUTgal Posts: 320Registered Users
I've only been wearing my hair curly for a few weeks. I figure I'm a 2c.

After plopping for 20 minutes or so I air dry. I tried diffusing but I had too much frizz. Maybe I'll try it again with a longer plopping session. Maybe I diffused for too long, who knows.

Anyway, the point is I went to the city with my husband on Saturday. How do curlies deal with the car window being down? I bought a super cute silk scarf from Nordstrom Rack and tied it around my head. It seemed to do the trick but I still had a hard time throughout the day.

How do curlies keep their curls looking their best all day long?
2c w/a bit of 3a
Fine & plentiful, no dyes
bioInfusion the Gentle One Shampoo
Currently loving:
Deva ArcAngell
Deva Set it Free

Curly since 6/17/2008.
oregonian_showersmile.gif
http://public.fotki.com/UTgal/
PW: browncurls

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    As for the windows rolled down? I dont do it. It is a curl killer (particularly in humidity). As for throughout a routine day; since I went CG my hair stays relatively consistant throughout the day! I credit CK plus my product rotations.

If you find the right products for you, it will make a HUGE diff - when I first went CG and was still testing products, one way I knew they werent for me was because my hair wouldnt "last" the day.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • UTgalUTgal Posts: 320Registered Users
    Thanks for responding (this was my first post! :wink:).

I'm going to miss having the car windows down this summer. :sad7:
    2c w/a bit of 3a
    Fine & plentiful, no dyes
    bioInfusion the Gentle One Shampoo
    Currently loving:
    Deva ArcAngell
    Deva Set it Free

Curly since 6/17/2008.
    oregonian_showersmile.gif
    http://public.fotki.com/UTgal/
    PW: browncurls
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Hi welcome to the board!

I find that products is a big deal....you have to find the right ones for you....I totally agree on that point. I also agree on the not riding with the window down. I don't do it unless I know my hair will go pfffftttttt and don't mind it.

As for the plopping, personally, I can't plop for more than a few minutes (5-10) without getting a TON of surface frizz. I plop for only that small time, then clip and air dry for about 1/2 hour or more, then diffuse only a few mins. I leave my hair damp before I leave for work so that it can finish air drying. I don't turn on the dryer and then move it....I turn it off, move it to another position, then turn it on again. This minimizes the movement and frizz. I also use a generic version of the curl ease towel that I got at walmart. HTH!
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Ditto to rymorg. Anymore than 5-10 minutes of plopping and I'm stuck with frizzy hair.

I do the method rymorg described for diffusing (previously coined pixiecurl method) or use a hotsock which I just got this weekend and LOVED!
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    1. For starters, use the a/c when riding in the car. :compress:

2. Also, you may find that plopping isn't for you. It gives me good curls, but makes my roots look a bit wonky, so I gave it up.

3. I highly recommend a [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-ease-Towel-p-500.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlease-curlease-towel]Curl-Ease towel[/buylink]. You can buy them at Bed, Bath & Beyond. It really cuts down on frizz and makes a huge difference with drying time.

4. No touching while your hair is drying. Don't do it! :tongue5:

5. Find the right products. Unfortunately, it's trial and error. The swap board is your friend. :wink:
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file