Ok, another question - how to create an eyebrow that looks natural.

000_1134-vi.jpg

This is my eye free of makeup. My eyebrow almost doesn't exist and you can't see my lashes without mascara. My lashes are easy to fix but I'm not sure about my eyebrows. Arugh!! This is the only thing about my face that drives me nuts!! :cussing: Any suggestions? I don't have a natural arch and one brow is slightly higher and more curved than the other. I look inquisitive most times when I color them in. :iconbiggrin:

Speckla

Comments

• riotkittyriotkitty Registered Users Posts: 1,307 Curl Connoisseur
    I think using an angled brush and using a cream or powder formula looks more natural than a pencil. Use short, quick strokes, and use your real brow as a guide. It think brows look best if they are a little thicker towards the middle of the face and thin out towards the sides. I like the Bare Escentials eyebrow powder. Make sure whatever you get isn't too dark.
    Have several allergies and sensitivities.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)
    Rinse out/Leave in: MB with apricot kernel and jojoba oils added
    Protein Treatment: MB Conditioner for Thinning Hair, IAgirl's protien treatment
    Style: MB Gel mixed with LOTD Aloe Vera Gelly

2b-c, need lots of moisture, likes protein in moderation.
  • rouquinnerouquinne Registered Users Posts: 13,737 Curl Connoisseur
    definitely powder!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • dezecurlzdezecurlz Registered Users Posts: 43 Curl Novice
    I really like the brow stencils from the Anastasia line, you can get them at sephora and ulta. I use the stencils and powders to even my brows out (last time I had my brows done, they didn't look like they belonged on the same face....)
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Ok, I tried light strokes with a pencil and softened it with powder. It looks better.

000_1143-vi.jpg
    I'm still going to get a eyebrow kit.
    Ignore the hair. This is what it looks when I first wake up. :)
    Speckla
  • midgimidgi Registered Users Posts: 2,409 Curl Neophyte
    Looks good, Speck. I'd suggest going for a slightly darker color than what you have on in the pic.

Also, you could try letting you brows grow out for a few months and then getting them professionally reshaped. That would make them thicker and more visible in that sense.

Another thing my friend does is get her eyebrows professionally dyed. They always come out looking really natural.

I also have a friend who got her brows tattooed on and it just looks stupid, and I told her so. So don't go that route!
    I just want to do what I want to do when I want to do it.
    Oh your hair looks really cute though! Your brows look pretty good. I agree, you need to go just a tad darker, and try making the outer ends just a little thinner than the inner end. You could experiment with a slight arch, too.
    Current products
    Low Poo/Cowash: Rio Grande Herb Co Negrita and Amole Deep Treatment Concentrate, Magick Botanicals (MB) Shampoo (diluted)

midgi wrote: »
    Looks good, Speck. I'd suggest going for a slightly darker color than what you have on in the pic.

Also, you could try letting you brows grow out for a few months and then getting them professionally reshaped. That would make them thicker and more visible in that sense.

Another thing my friend does is get her eyebrows professionally dyed. They always come out looking really natural.

I also have a friend who got her brows tattooed on and it just looks stupid, and I told her so. So don't go that route!

That first picture is what my eyebrows look like naturally. I do nothing to them. I don't pluck or do anything to them. I just don't have much to begin with.

Thanks for the compliments. I decided to go lighter rather than darker just incase. Don't want Joan Crawford eyebrows. :)

Speckla
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Speckla wrote: »

That first picture is what my eyebrows look like naturally. I do nothing to them. I don't pluck or do anything to them. I just don't have much to begin with.

Thanks for the compliments. I decided to go lighter rather than darker just incase. Don't want Joan Crawford eyebrows. :)

Speckla

Is there hair there at all? Or is it just missing? Did you used to pluck and they just didn't grow back?

I like the idea of having them professionally dyed and shaped. A good eyebrow tech can make the most of what you do have, and at least show you how to apply brow color optimally for your face shape.
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Registered Users Posts: 10,573 Curl Connoisseur
    Speckla wrote: »

Speckla

Is there hair there at all? Or is it just missing? Did you used to pluck and they just didn't grow back?

I like the idea of having them professionally dyed and shaped. A good eyebrow tech can make the most of what you do have, and at least show you how to apply brow color optimally for your face shape.

That's what I was wondering. I used to pluck my brows thin during HS (when it was fashionable) and they never really grew back fully. I only pluck a few strays, but they are still thinnish (thicker than yours though). If that's the case, they may grow in -- or -- you just have very thin brows. :) In that case, filling them in like you did makes a big difference. I'd try a little darker color next time too.
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    That's pretty much all there is. I have some very fine blond hair that you can't see even up close. My brows have always been very thin, fine, and blonde. My grandmother used to yell at me and say to stop plucking them when I was 13 but I kept telling her that I didn't do anything to them. She thought I was lying. The hair dress offered to tint the blonde hair the last time I went for a touchup. Maybe I should take her up on it.

Speckla
  • EilonwyEilonwy Registered Users Posts: 12,391 Curl Connoisseur
    They make colored brow gel. Even brown mascara would work fine. Have you tried that? It would tint your eyebrows without having to make trips to the salon every so often. It makes each hair look thicker, too.

Also, a few people have suggested that you use a darker color for your brows, but you should take into account that the flash (if you used one) can make makeup look paler. After all, makeup pencils are waxy and reflect light.
  • Charming NotionCharming Notion Registered Users Posts: 697
    http://youtube.com/user/pursebuzz

^^^
    watch her eyebrow vids. hers are very thin, like yours and the products and the application have abosolutely stunning results.
    formerly;; girl anachronism

politics is like me and my buddy going hippo hunting. we shoot a hippo and it falls on us. now, instead of using our joint effort of pushing the hippo off of us, we arue for 5 1/2 years on who's idea it was in the first place to go hippo hunting.
    CurliLocks wrote: »

That's what I was wondering. I used to pluck my brows thin during HS (when it was fashionable) and they never really grew back fully. I only pluck a few strays, but they are still thinnish (thicker than yours though). If that's the case, they may grow in -- or -- you just have very thin brows. :) In that case, filling them in like you did makes a big difference. I'd try a little darker color next time too.

I guess I'll be grateful when I'm much older but I'm almost 30 and have been plucking for the last 15 years and I still have to weekly or my brows get bushy. I'm starting to consider electrolysis to get rid of those pesky hairs that grow under my natural brow arch.
    Current products

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file