CurlTalk

Nappturality... How could it be bad?

Talisa3636Talisa3636 Posts: 310Registered Users
I notice that a few people dislike nappturality's content on their website. I thought that naturally curly and nappturality were very similar because they both try to let us enjoy our curly heads. Should their really be alot of dislike for the website? I know that they dont really condone curl definition emphasis but I sort of understand why. Some people feel that if they have tighly wound hair that they could dekink it by using lots of curl definition products to change their hair. For us naturally 3C/4A i could see how this is offensive because we do use curl defining products to bring out the curls that we have already! There shouldnt be so much hatred for NP! I havent experience any negative feedback from them but i was wondering if I was the only person who felt this way. What are some of your feeling about the website. BTW I really do enjoy naturally curly! :D
4a hair: Fall/Winter HG's
Qhemet: Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, Cocoa Tree
Curl Junkie: DF, CIAB, Honey Butta, Curl Reham
Oyin: Honey Hemp, Sugar Berry
Anita Grant: Creamy Cafe Latte, Rhassoul DC, Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar, Monoi De Tahiti
Bee Mine: Curly Butter
Other: Millenia Mud, Hicks Oil
Homemade: Jamila Henna, Alba UnPetroleum Mix, Scalp Oil Blend, Aloe/Condish Spray, Condition Rinse (Aussie Moist & Mane and Tail)
:happy6: : www.fotki.com/talisa3636
«1

Comments

  • PortaePortae Posts: 337Registered Users
    I'm a member of both, and I like them for different reasons. Personally, I don't think it's very appropriate to "gossip" about nappturality on this site. If you have concerns about how the site is run or why the vibe over there is what it is, then you should definitely bring it up on that site-the members are very open and more than willing to share their opinions and beliefs.
  • superstarsuperstar Posts: 13Registered Users
    I completely agree with Portae's comments. Now,Talisa3636, Why have you posted this topic in to forums here. What types of responses are you seeking? I think you are only trying to start trouble.
  • Talisa3636Talisa3636 Posts: 310Registered Users
    Sorry,im not trying to start trouble :oops:. I was just wondering why their was so much dislike fore a site that is suppose to help us? I was sort of surprised to see that we would gossip about the doings of other website. I wanted to know what was so bad although I love nappturality as well as naturally curly.
    4a hair: Fall/Winter HG's
    Qhemet: Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, Cocoa Tree
    Curl Junkie: DF, CIAB, Honey Butta, Curl Reham
    Oyin: Honey Hemp, Sugar Berry
    Anita Grant: Creamy Cafe Latte, Rhassoul DC, Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar, Monoi De Tahiti
    Bee Mine: Curly Butter
    Other: Millenia Mud, Hicks Oil
    Homemade: Jamila Henna, Alba UnPetroleum Mix, Scalp Oil Blend, Aloe/Condish Spray, Condition Rinse (Aussie Moist & Mane and Tail)
    :happy6: : www.fotki.com/talisa3636
  • Athena's OwlAthena's Owl Posts: 45Registered Users
    I joined NP before I found NC.

    Actually I was told - rather pointedly - to go to NC, in a not so friendly "beat it, oreo" kind of way.

    So, rather than stage a sit-in, I left. if they didn't want me there, well ok.
    Mixed AA 3b/3c hair. past shoulders. superfine texture. Natural - no colours or relaxers in over 4 years.
  • atlantisrisingatlantisrising Posts: 263Registered Users
    I enjoy some of the ladies over at NP and I still lurk in the hair forum and post in the other forums over there. I just didn't like the vibe I got with a thread that basically said "3C's, why are you even here?" I felt like I wasn't wanted there by some (not all) of the members when it came to hair.

    I appreciate Dee in all of her efforts, her site helped me to realize that my hair is beautiful in it's natural state and that there is a ton of styles that you can do with natural hair. I'll always be thankful for that site and I still recommend it to people as well as this one.
  • cookie5cookie5 Posts: 23Registered Users
    I used to post on NP and still do, occasionally, lurk and post. Most of the ladies over there are very friendly and willing to help with problems but god forbid you say anything about hair types, ethnic background, or straightening the hair in ANY way because they'll attack you like a shark. They are extremely firm set in their beliefs. Overall it's a good site...just be careful what you post. :wink:
    Hairtype- 3b/c
    BC- December 18, 2004
    Length- About 6-6.5 inches (stretched)
    Monthly Goal- 1/2- 1 inch
    Ultimate Goal- 25 inches(stretched), Healthy
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.picturetrail.com%2Fgallery%2Fview%3Fusername%3Datl_mulattamami" class="Popup
    Check out my album! :)
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    i agree with what everyone thus far has said, now onto my main reason for posting (warning: guano ahead!)--cookie5 your new hair pics look great! your hair looks so healthy and shiny!! now take some curly pics and post them :wink:

    okay back to the discussion
  • LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Posts: 230Registered Users
    I like to lurk on nappturality and I really liked the philosophy behind most of the women's reason for being natural as well as the self love. Now I did get some 'tude because I am a considered, by some, to be a curly and not a nappy. I often don't feel as if I belong here either because my reason for being natural and my definition of natural is different from so many others. I am accepted the way I am and that's what keeps me coming back. It's still an awesome site and I go there as well as another board when you all get on my nerves.
    Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
    Me @ 6 mos. looking just like my son
  • Curly1908Curly1908 Posts: 192Registered Users
    I enjoy some of the ladies over at NP and I still lurk in the hair forum and post in the other forums over there. I just didn't like the vibe I got with a thread that basically said "3C's, why are you even here?" I felt like I wasn't wanted there by some (not all) of the members when it came to hair.

    I appreciate Dee in all of her efforts, her site helped me to realize that my hair is beautiful in it's natural state and that there is a ton of styles that you can do with natural hair. I'll always be thankful for that site and I still recommend it to people as well as this one.

    ITA!!!
    Yay for Kinky-Curly Custard!
    mostly 3c with patches of 2b, 3b, and 4a
    Nappy...and oh-so happy :)
  • LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Posts: 230Registered Users
    delete
    Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
    Me @ 6 mos. looking just like my son
  • honiecurlshoniecurls Posts: 106Registered Users
    Lipglasshoney .... please tell me where on Earth , do I get
    Soft curl cream ... I saw your post in NP.com and I have been looking .. and can't find it :evil: !

    Help!
    3c very thick big hair
    Henna girl
    th_100_3332.jpg
    th_100_3330.jpg
  • jada1111jada1111 Posts: 829Registered Users
    honiecurls wrote:
    Lipglasshoney .... please tell me where on Earth , do I get
    Soft curl cream ... I saw your post in NP.com and I have been looking .. and can't find it :evil: !

    Help!

    You should be able to find this at any drugstore or place where Garnier Fructis products are sold. I like this for when I want a soft curly fro. If you want stretchage it's not the product for you.
    Jada1111

    HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fjada1111%2F" class="Popup
    PW: flower
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Posts: 821Registered Users
    You can't please everyone all the time. The most important thing is to find a niche unique to you and build on that.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • LipGlassHoneyLipGlassHoney Posts: 230Registered Users
    honiecurls wrote:
    Lipglasshoney .... please tell me where on Earth , do I get
    Soft curl cream ... I saw your post in NP.com and I have been looking .. and can't find it :evil: !

    Help!
    I said that? I don't even remember. What is Soft curl cream?
    Black and Puerto Rican 3c Natural since '95 (15). Growing hair to waist. PJ and Certified MAC JUNKIE and a freakin' DEMOCRAT!!! Visit my other page @ www.myspace.com/LipGlassHoney
    Me @ 6 mos. looking just like my son
  • Curly1908Curly1908 Posts: 192Registered Users
    Curly1908 wrote:
    I enjoy some of the ladies over at NP and I still lurk in the hair forum and post in the other forums over there. I just didn't like the vibe I got with a thread that basically said "3C's, why are you even here?" I felt like I wasn't wanted there by some (not all) of the members when it came to hair.

    I appreciate Dee in all of her efforts, her site helped me to realize that my hair is beautiful in it's natural state and that there is a ton of styles that you can do with natural hair. I'll always be thankful for that site and I still recommend it to people as well as this one.

    ITA!!!
    Are you a soror? What do you say?

    I sent you a PM. Iota Phi, Fall '03 and you?
    Yay for Kinky-Curly Custard!
    mostly 3c with patches of 2b, 3b, and 4a
    Nappy...and oh-so happy :)
  • cookie5cookie5 Posts: 23Registered Users
    subbrock wrote:
    i agree with what everyone thus far has said, now onto my main reason for posting (warning: guano ahead!)--cookie5 your new hair pics look great! your hair looks so healthy and shiny!! now take some curly pics and post them :wink:

    okay back to the discussion

    aww thanks! :D you know youre one of my main inspirations right and i'm a SERIOUS stalker of your album
    Hairtype- 3b/c
    BC- December 18, 2004
    Length- About 6-6.5 inches (stretched)
    Monthly Goal- 1/2- 1 inch
    Ultimate Goal- 25 inches(stretched), Healthy
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.picturetrail.com%2Fgallery%2Fview%3Fusername%3Datl_mulattamami" class="Popup
    Check out my album! :)
  • honiecurlshoniecurls Posts: 106Registered Users
    honiecurls wrote:
    Lipglasshoney .... please tell me where on Earth , do I get
    Soft curl cream ... I saw your post in NP.com and I have been looking .. and can't find it :evil: !

    Help!
    I said that? I don't even remember. What is Soft curl cream?


    :lol: girl no!!!!!!!!!!!! lol .. here i am losing my mind for something .. you can't even remember ! :D ... I love it ..

    No but really , it is the ganier soft curl cream, I have been looking in CVS rite aid and wallgreens ... no luck! and I looked on drugstore .com ..nothing

    Oh well .. :?
    3c very thick big hair
    Henna girl
    th_100_3332.jpg
    th_100_3330.jpg
  • honiecurlshoniecurls Posts: 106Registered Users
    jada1111 wrote:
    honiecurls wrote:
    Lipglasshoney .... please tell me where on Earth , do I get
    Soft curl cream ... I saw your post in NP.com and I have been looking .. and can't find it :evil: !

    Help!

    You should be able to find this at any drugstore or place where Garnier Fructis products are sold. I like this for when I want a soft curly fro. If you want stretchage it's not the product for you.

    I know ... but for some reason I can't find it in my drug stores...
    3c very thick big hair
    Henna girl
    th_100_3332.jpg
    th_100_3330.jpg
  • atlantisrisingatlantisrising Posts: 263Registered Users
    honiecurls wrote:
    jada1111 wrote:
    honiecurls wrote:
    Lipglasshoney .... please tell me where on Earth , do I get
    Soft curl cream ... I saw your post in NP.com and I have been looking .. and can't find it :evil: !

    Help!

    You should be able to find this at any drugstore or place where Garnier Fructis products are sold. I like this for when I want a soft curly fro. If you want stretchage it's not the product for you.

    I know ... but for some reason I can't find it in my drug stores...

    I can't find it either. I've almost picked up that Surf Hair curl creme several times because they put that line right next to the Garnier line and it's the same color bottle, lol.
  • chinappychinappy Posts: 19Registered Users
    I belong to both sites and I never really sense any negativity on NP. The vibe is different, but not negative. I have a mix of curly, coily, nappy hair and the members of both sites have been helpful in my journey. Where I end up lurking is usually just a matter of my mood.
    BC'd 10/16/05 3" Curly mix. Routine: No Poo daily w/Suave Humectant Cond. style with flax seed gel and Rosewater and Glycerin. album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnappstar" class="Popup password: nappy
  • AfroCurlsAfroCurls Posts: 117Registered Users
    Personally, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Nappturality because I am 100% positive that if that site did not exist, my hair would not be natural today. Nappturality is the first place I went that advocated total acceptance of your natural self AND your hair and really challenged some previously held notions I had about black hair.

    However, I do co-sign with other members here so said they've noticed complete indifference, if not downright hostility, towards members who have curly hair. Someone made a topic about that Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme, which a lot of black curlies there ended up loving. Come to find out that there were people who took issue with the fact that someone made a thread for curly haired women. :roll:

    Granted, there are those who feel the need to announce to the world that they have a head full of curly hair and logically, I can see why it would be sensitive to a women with "nappy" hair. However, my hair is what it is and I'm not apologizing for it because some chick has issues. My curly hair is not the same as a white girl's curly hair; I have BLACK curly hair so my hair needs more closely align with the hair types of women at nappturality. I just wonder if black curlies are in some weird inbetween place. I seek products that are for thick, African American type curly hair, but I'm also against texturizers and forcing your hair to do something that it just doesn't do.
    Fotki PW: PM me for it!
    Big Chopped: April 1, 2005
    My Hair: Tight, thick springy curls with up to 90% shrinkage.
  • Talisa3636Talisa3636 Posts: 310Registered Users
    Amen! I agree!
    4a hair: Fall/Winter HG's
    Qhemet: Alma and Olive Heavy Cream, Cocoa Tree
    Curl Junkie: DF, CIAB, Honey Butta, Curl Reham
    Oyin: Honey Hemp, Sugar Berry
    Anita Grant: Creamy Cafe Latte, Rhassoul DC, Babassu Amla Shampoo Bar, Monoi De Tahiti
    Bee Mine: Curly Butter
    Other: Millenia Mud, Hicks Oil
    Homemade: Jamila Henna, Alba UnPetroleum Mix, Scalp Oil Blend, Aloe/Condish Spray, Condition Rinse (Aussie Moist & Mane and Tail)
    :happy6: : www.fotki.com/talisa3636
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    AfroCurls wrote:
    Personally, I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Nappturality because I am 100% positive that if that site did not exist, my hair would not be natural today. Nappturality is the first place I went that advocated total acceptance of your natural self AND your hair and really challenged some previously held notions I had about black hair.

    However, I do co-sign with other members here so said they've noticed complete indifference, if not downright hostility, towards members who have curly hair. Someone made a topic about that Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme, which a lot of black curlies there ended up loving. Come to find out that there were people who took issue with the fact that someone made a thread for curly haired women. :roll:

    Granted, there are those who feel the need to announce to the world that they have a head full of curly hair and logically, I can see why it would be sensitive to a women with "nappy" hair. However, my hair is what it is and I'm not apologizing for it because some chick has issues. My curly hair is not the same as a white girl's curly hair; I have BLACK curly hair so my hair needs more closely align with the hair types of women at nappturality. I just wonder if black curlies are in some weird inbetween place. I seek products that are for thick, African American type curly hair, but I'm also against texturizers and forcing your hair to do something that it just doesn't do.

    Ive never understood the distinction between curly hair and supposedly "nappy" hair.

    Isnt type 4a/4b hair simply the curliest of the curly hair type?

    The term "nappy" has always been a derogatory one and I dont really understand why we embrace it instead of accurately describing our hair like what it actually is....surprise...surprise...very very curly!!!

    And yes, I think there are 2 sides to the coin. There are those people who seek to separate themselves from other black people by pointing out how they are not really black at every opportunity...and then are seemingly oblivious and confused when black people become offended and defensive about these attitudes.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • AfroCurlsAfroCurls Posts: 117Registered Users
    AnikaNA wrote:



    Ive never understood the distinction between curly hair and supposedly "nappy" hair.

    Isnt type 4a/4b hair simply the curliest of the curly hair type?

    The term "nappy" has always been a derogatory one and I dont really understand why we embrace it instead of accurately describing our hair like what it actually is....surprise...surprise...very very curly!!!

    And yes, I think there are 2 sides to the coin. There are those people who seek to separate themselves from other black people by pointing out how they are not really black at every opportunity...and then are seemingly oblivious and confused when black people become offended and defensive about these attitudes.

    From what I've read on Nappturality (and seen with my own eyes), all 4A/4B hair isn't curly. Some of the members who say they have that hair type say that their hair doesn't curl at all, but is in fact a "zig zag" pattern. So while there are women who's 4A/B hair has a curl pattern, there are MANY who don't have a curl pattern at all and should accept that. That's part of the mindset they are trying to combat: even if you don't have a curl pattern, your natural hair is fine the way it is.

    As far as them using the term nappy, I just see them using the same word that everybody else would use to describe our hair type. The vast majority of black people still associate it with negativity so it's not something I'd say in casual conversation, but I'd damn sure wear it on a t-shirt or something to that effect. 8)
    Fotki PW: PM me for it!
    Big Chopped: April 1, 2005
    My Hair: Tight, thick springy curls with up to 90% shrinkage.
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    AfroCurls wrote:
    AnikaNA wrote:



    Ive never understood the distinction between curly hair and supposedly "nappy" hair.

    Isnt type 4a/4b hair simply the curliest of the curly hair type?

    The term "nappy" has always been a derogatory one and I dont really understand why we embrace it instead of accurately describing our hair like what it actually is....surprise...surprise...very very curly!!!

    And yes, I think there are 2 sides to the coin. There are those people who seek to separate themselves from other black people by pointing out how they are not really black at every opportunity...and then are seemingly oblivious and confused when black people become offended and defensive about these attitudes.

    From what I've read on Nappturality (and seen with my own eyes), all 4A/4B hair isn't curly. Some of the members who say they have that hair type say that their hair doesn't curl at all, but is in fact a "zig zag" pattern. So while there are women who's 4A/B hair has a curl pattern, there are MANY who don't have a curl pattern at all and should accept that. That's part of the mindset they are trying to combat: even if you don't have a curl pattern, your natural hair is fine the way it is.

    As far as them using the term nappy, I just see them using the same word that everybody else would use to describe our hair type. The vast majority of black people still associate it with negativity so it's not something I'd say in casual conversation, but I'd damn sure wear it on a t-shirt or something to that effect. 8)

    Ive read about that Z-pattern thing in that Andre book...but I wont believe it until I see it.

    I believe 4b hair is a form of super curly hair. Ive seen many heads of hair on black women in my family and friends and Ive yet to see any that didnt have some form of curl pattern in it, in it's natural state.

    As for the term, its like us black folks feel we should embrace all manner of negative terms (initially used by others to demean us) to describe ourselves.

    You dont see white people embracing the notion of having "stringy" or horse-like hair when the terms "straight" or "fine" or even "Thin" are just as useful description without the derogatory connotations.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • MelanthaMelantha Posts: 14Registered Users
    I enjoy visiting Nappturality and I complete accept and understand their approach and the purpose of the board. I don't feel like the majority of the membership is against curly ladies, its just that that board is the only one for "nappy" natural hair and they want to keep that the focus.

    I don't see the term nappy as derogatory, to me its simply a description. But I know not to use that term around most people. I think some 4s use nappy or coily instead of curly because their hair doesn't have (and won't ever have) curl definition, the individual hairs don't spiral or the hairs don't clump.

    And some people use it to embrace the uniqueness of their hair.

    The term naps or nappy weren't originally negative. And when they were used to describe Africans and people of African descent they were just descriptive, the derogatory part was incorporated later. They were initially terms to describe fabric and carpet ("dense, soft or fuzzy surface"), and were synonymous with wooly or cottony.
    I personally see nothing bad about that, my hair is wooly and fuzzy. So to me nappy is just a word.
    Last relaxer 5/04
    nappy, fuzzy, kinky, coily
    transitioning until...
  • *Ani**Ani* Posts: 351Registered Users
    nappy is a prejorative term.

    Black people with 4 type hair have the curliest type of hair. It is absurd to make a distinction between nappy hair and curly hair.

    I have yet to see a black person with type 4 hair without "curl definition" or a curl "pattern."

    Im sorry, describing someone's hair as nappy as opposed to what it really is "very curly" is nonsensical and offensive.
    On Rush Limbaugh: Rather than engage in the admittedly difficult task of justifying GOP policies rationally, the key to Limbaugh’s success is attracting an audience that actually yearns to be lied to.
  • thirteenlbsthirteenlbs Posts: 205Registered Users
    I'm a member of Nappturality, too, and was amazed at the info that surfaces there. Of course, it tends to be quite specific, so if you're looking for curl definition products, forget it.

    I've always lurked, never posted...since I'm transitioning with straight (pressed) hair, there really isn't a need for me to. Later, when my natural hair is more present, I'll be able to offer a bit more info, I think-- and be a bit more credible.

    I HAVE seen some of the negativity, and I'll admit-- it threw me off a bit. On the one hand, I can see why it's important to stick to the mission statement. On the other hand, I've seen a few curious (innocent) questions be shredded like there's no tomorrow!

    But it's a great site, and I've learned a hell of a lot about hair care, embracing my hair, and patience!

    Oh, and about the term 'nappy'-- I'm on the fence about it. I like it, but as someone said, I wouldn't use that word in formal conversation...
    FYI
    Type 4a has a definite curl pattern.
    Type 4b has the z pattern, that does not coil. I've never seen this type, or been able to recognize it if I have!
    O, S, with fine strands
    Cottony
  • MelanthaMelantha Posts: 14Registered Users
    AnikaNA wrote:
    nappy is a prejorative term.
    To you. Obviously the women at Nappturality use it to embrace the uniqeness of their hairtype. The term was not originally negative. It became negative because having wooly, cottony hair was seen as negative, as being the very opposite of "good hair". If one doesn't see that type of natural hair as bad then the term is no longer hurtful. When I was growing up people insulted girls with the term dark (or black), because as a girl it was better to be brown or light. But that doesn't mean that dark in and of itself is an offensive term. If one doesn't see dark skin as a negative and lighter skin as better then the word becomes simply another adjective.

    Black people with 4 type hair have the curliest type of hair. It is absurd to make a distinction between nappy hair and curly hair.
    To you. Many women see a difference between coily, kinky, nappy and curly. For a lot of people type 4 hair was "bad hair" growing up and type 3 was closer to "good"; it was seen as prettier and more manageable. So for some there's a significant difference.


    I have yet to see a black person with type 4 hair without "curl definition" or a curl "pattern."
    I have family members with hair that has zero curl definition. Each hair is kinda doing its own thing without forming a pattern. Take a look at the albums over at Nappturality, there is a difference in hair described as 4 a, b, c and that described as 3c. You may still define it as curly, but some people like to use words such as nappy.


    Im sorry, describing someone's hair as nappy as opposed to what it really is "very curly" is nonsensical and offensive.
    To you it may be simply "very curly" but you can't tell other women how to define their hair. If some of us see type 4 as kinky and nappy then so be it. Its offensive to you but obviously to others its just a word that when stripped of the whole good/bad hair connotations simply describes the texture of their hair.
    Last relaxer 5/04
    nappy, fuzzy, kinky, coily
    transitioning until...
  • amarilla505amarilla505 Posts: 164Registered Users
    hey guys, to me the word nappy has always put a lil heat in my heart because where i'm from and from my family, it's always been used as a negative connotation. to me nappy is in a sense defined as "horrible coarse hair." and NO ONE's hair is horrible regardless of what texture it is and coarseness is defined as the width of the strand, not the way it feels. i do agree that not everyone's hair is curly. i have in fact seen zigzag cuz of one of my best friends has it and it's awesome! she rocks the wildest styles that i could never do cuz my hair wouldn't hold it nor go with it. but anyway, if ever came down to me havin to accept the word nappy or get a relaxer, umm hell yea i would rock a nappy tshirt like afrocurls in a hot minute because i refuse to go back to the evil white cream lol :wink:

    As this term becomes more accepted, i may change my views on it because i'm always up for change and acceptance. it's hard when you have people who grind negativity constantly about natural hair. so i can see how words like nappy, brillo, kente naps and etc would piss some people off and not want to say it. i've heard it all and it's disturbing. it's so sad seeing lil kids talk down to other kids who have natural hair cuz you can tell that mess about "good/bad hair" has been put in them from the start. so it's best that we try to understand both sides of this term.
    Truly Aesthetic...mind, body and spirit ;)
«1