How's everyone's hair today?

wavy in neenahwavy in neenah Posts: 113Registered Users
Mine's actually looking pretty good. I misted it with water, put in some Tresemme Bouncy Curls, and diffused it. And of course I haven't showered yet. Sponge bath anyone? LOL

I thought, "I should have my daughter take a picture of this to post" and then I looked at my chin in profile (too much :icescream: lately) and instantly headed for the rebounder. :blob7:
Hair type: Currently 2c/3amii. Modified CG since 05/25/2008. Length is roughly 2" past my collar bone.
'Poo: Dr. Bronner's lemon 'poo bar once a week.
Co-Wash: Suave Naturals coconut condish. Freeman SeaKelp Moisturizing Condish.
Styling: Flax seed gel, Tresemme Bouncy Curls, Hask Spray-It Curly, Tresemme Curl Locking Spray.
Towel: Fake chamois from the auto dept. Gets out so much water that my hair is starting to spiral instead of water weight pulling them all out into waves.

Comments

• lapushkalapushka Posts: 601Registered Users
    Mine's wet & wavy at the moment (just washed).
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    Sadly mine's a total mess. But glad to hear you are having a good day! I'm going to the gym later and planning on dyeing my hair so I have to go without product and conditioner from what I've been told. That'll be fun!:laughing7:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

• UTgalUTgal Posts: 320Registered Users
    Mine looks like crap today but that's because I didn't wash it and threw it into a pony.

Yesterday though was great. I applied my leave-in conditioner, Aussi scrunch and plopped for 20 minutes or so. The results were awesome!

I'm glad you're having a good day, wavy!
    2c w/a bit of 3a
    Fine & plentiful, no dyes
    bioInfusion the Gentle One Shampoo
    Currently loving:
    Deva ArcAngell
    Deva Set it Free

Curly since 6/17/2008.
    oregonian_showersmile.gif
    http://public.fotki.com/UTgal/
    PW: browncurls
  • Mass1gBewegtMass1gBewegt Posts: 113Registered Users
    Crap. Its been getting worse and worse, and idk why. >=/
    But its finals week at school, and I was done with my chem final at 930 - hopped straight into my friends pool. I'm all chlorine-y and knotty. not fun. showering soon.
    Band Geek to the Core.
    Geometry Ain't My Thing. XD

http://public.fotki.com/MagicMarkers92/
    Pass: Qtip
  • annielutzannielutz Posts: 209Registered Users
    Good hair day!

I used the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink]/KCCC/HESMU combo, which is turning into a real winner for me! Clumpy wavy curls with spirally ends.

Our weather is cooperating lately, as well. Good humidity and dewpoints!

Annie
    Modified-CG, 2c, slightly protein-sensitive, color-treated
    :sunny:
    LA County, SoCal - Cool and some humidity FINALLY
    Liking: Suave co-washes, LVPHG, homemade curl cream and DT
    Loving: KCKT/KCCC/HESMU, Biolage, K-Pak reconstructor, SheaM
  • jamaica81jamaica81 Posts: 115Registered Users
    in a hat. just couldn't deal with it today. but my hat is really cute! :)
  • wavy in neenahwavy in neenah Posts: 113Registered Users
    Well, my good hair day is wasted, if that's any consolation. I'm just sitting at home working.

I go pick my son up from his dad's in a couple of hours. No matter what my hair looks like, my ex-H's GF says "oh, your hair is so cuuuuuuuute." Makes me want to gag. One day I had roots, ragged ends, and it was windblown, and she STILL said it. (This was pre-CG). But her hair is bleached, starched, and balding, so I guess it doesn't take much to impress her. (No lie, I'm not being a ***** here. I sat behind her at my son's 8th grade commencement, on bleachers, so I got a good view. She does a combover like The Donald and bleaches it super light so her hair and scalp are the same color. Then she sprays it into a helmet so it doesn't move. And she's only 36).
    Hair type: Currently 2c/3amii. Modified CG since 05/25/2008. Length is roughly 2" past my collar bone.
    Styling: Flax seed gel, Tresemme Bouncy Curls, Hask Spray-It Curly, Tresemme Curl Locking Spray.
    Towel: Fake chamois from the auto dept. Gets out so much water that my hair is starting to spiral instead of water weight pulling them all out into waves.
  • alyssa_kalyssa_k Posts: 51Registered Users
    Not so good. It's still wet but so far it's already frizzy.:sad8:
    2cCiii
    Using: Testing new stuff :)
    :toothy6:
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    My hair is soooo freakin happy today! We finally made the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink]/[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] work!:)

After many attempts and permutations with these products I hit the nail on the head. As per some wise curlys advice, I used a smidge of each and then scrunched BRHG on top.

This was my easiest, best result to date:)
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    Whoo hoooo. Happy dance for Rudeechick.

:wav:
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Alright. It's my off day so I didn't use any stylers at all and it's air drying at the moment. No itching though, and it feels very soft! :D
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    Whoo hoooo. Happy dance for Rudeechick.

:wav:
    Thank you. Now, lets see if I can make it happen twice!;)
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • KitaraKitara Posts: 1,224Registered Users
    Typical frizztasticness
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 606Registered Users
    A little frizzy, but pretty nice clumping and curls that have held all day. Decided to give Jessicurl a try after a very long hiatus. Not bad with the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Aloeba-Daily-Conditioner-p-104.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-aloeba-daily-conditioner]Aloeba[/buylink] leave in, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Gelebration-Spray-p-101.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-gelebration-spray]Gelebration[/buylink] & CC...wondering if the AO Swimmer's condish is what threw it off a little.

Kitara, you crack me up!
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

• RawrSallyRawrSally Posts: 1,388Registered Users
    Big. haha.
    I mean, I have decent definition, it's just voluminous. I have my little bang-y things pulled back with some bobby pins. I'm liking that simple little style. Gets them out of my eyes.
    Mine's gotten downpoured on twice. I was in the car trying to scrunch up the crown so it wouldn't be totally flat. D'oh!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I tried HEBE for the second time today (not so much luck yesterday - but that's another story).

I'm having a really good hair day. It even held up in a vertiable hurricane when leaving the office. 'Course humidity is down today to 58% so that could be why. :)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Posts: 844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's okay, I guess. I got some really nice definition of curls, but it's got all these frizzies sticking out. Probably because I'm using a creme styler with my enemy, cyclopentsiloxane; I have to use it up though, since I paid for it.
  • a curly qa curly q Posts: 248Registered Users
    curlysue21 wrote: »
    Sadly mine's a total mess. But glad to hear you are having a good day! I'm going to the gym later and planning on dyeing my hair so I have to go without product and conditioner from what I've been told. That'll be fun!:laughing7:

I'm dying my hair next week, I have to do the same thing. Sitting an exam with fluffy hair will do wonders for the stress lol.
    Today though, my hair looks average. Didn't wash it so it's in a messy bun complemented by frizz complemented by sparkly pins. :mrgreen:
    2b, medium, lots of them
    CG: 21 Apr 08, Mod CG: 24 Aug 08
    My blog: Can't Stop Thinking About Hair
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    a curly q wrote: »

I'm dying my hair next week, I have to do the same thing. Sitting an exam with fluffy hair will do wonders for the stress lol.
    Today though, my hair looks average. Didn't wash it so it's in a messy bun complemented by frizz complemented by sparkly pins. :mrgreen:

Well as long as you have the sparkly pins then your frizz is stylish :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

Mine is actually really, really good today! I plopped with the microfiber towel and am air drying. In 30 minutes or so I'll flip my hair upside down and scrunch it with my hands.

Related: I'm a newbie here and keep seeing everyone mentioning CG. I'm thinking about ordering the book and taking the plunge. WDYT?
    2c w/a bit of 3a
    Currently loving:
    Deva ArcAngell
    Deva Set it Free

Curly since 6/17/2008.
    UTgal wrote: »

Related: I'm a newbie here and keep seeing everyone mentioning CG. I'm thinking about ordering the book and taking the plunge. WDYT?

The second edition is coming out soon (or maybe it's already out).

I checked mine out from the library. (I pulled it off the shelf out of total curiosity. I had no clue I was a curly girl until I read the section that described wavies). I always thought my occasionally "messy curly" hair was from being too lazy to comb it out after I showered. :laughing7:

Today mine is pineappled post last night's rainstorm/bedhead.
    Ditto, wavy!

My hair has always been wavy/curly but until this year I was always trying to blow dry it "straight" and would be upset because it wasn't exactly straight and shiny. I guess I had an epiphany. Finding this site a few weeks ago has been amazing. :thumright:

What didn't help matters is I'm the only living family member on both sides with curly hair. I didn't have anyone to give me advice. My mom always told me to appreciate the natural body my hair has. :angry7: I always thought until recently she was crazy for saying that.

If I have a curly haired kid they're getting instruction, help, & encouragement from me that's for sure!
    2c w/a bit of 3a
    Currently loving:
    Deva ArcAngell
    Deva Set it Free

Curly since 6/17/2008.
    Ditto, wavy!

My hair has always been wavy/curly but until this year I was always trying to blow dry it "straight" and would be upset because it wasn't exactly straight and shiny. I guess I had an epiphany. Finding this site a few weeks ago has been amazing. :thumright:

What didn't help matters is I'm the only living family member on both sides with curly hair. I didn't have anyone to give me advice. My mom always told me to appreciate the natural body my hair has. :angry7: I always thought until recently she was crazy for saying that.

If I have a curly haired kid they're getting instruction, help, & encouragement from me that's for sure!

My dad for sure has some sort of wave or curl to his hair, but he keeps it in a flat top, so it's hard to tell unless you're right next to him. Then you can see that his hair texture is bendy.

I think my 17-y/o DD is a CG too. One of her friends put a bunch of Aussie Scrunch Spray on her one day and went after it with their hands and a blowdryer. She had a ton of curly waves (albeit frizzy) and said they never used a curling iron. I mentioned CG to her, but she says she likes her hair straight.

Even though I'm a wavy, I get straight really easily. My SO's daughter is in cosmetology school. I was her first haircut model (brave me, eh? But she did a really good job). At the end, she had to ask if I wanted it curled or straightened. My hair holds a curling iron curl for crap, so I said straightened. Once she got the blow dry done, it was already straight, no iron required. The instructor, who had this mass of curls, goes "Damn, I wish MY hair did that!" while I'm looking at her going "Damn, I wish my had did THAT!"

LOL I guess no one's happy with their hair.
  • annielutzannielutz Posts: 209Registered Users
    Ditto, wavy!

My dad for sure has some sort of wave or curl to his hair, but he keeps it in a flat top, so it's hard to tell unless you're right next to him. Then you can see that his hair texture is bendy.

I think my 17-y/o DD is a CG too. One of her friends put a bunch of Aussie Scrunch Spray on her one day and went after it with their hands and a blowdryer. She had a ton of curly waves (albeit frizzy) and said they never used a curling iron. I mentioned CG to her, but she says she likes her hair straight.

Even though I'm a wavy, I get straight really easily. My SO's daughter is in cosmetology school. I was her first haircut model (brave me, eh? But she did a really good job). At the end, she had to ask if I wanted it curled or straightened. My hair holds a curling iron curl for crap, so I said straightened. Once she got the blow dry done, it was already straight, no iron required. The instructor, who had this mass of curls, goes "Damn, I wish MY hair did that!" while I'm looking at her going "Damn, I wish my had did THAT!"

That's the truth. I have a close friend who has a beautiful mass of at least 3A curls. She has shoulder-length naturally sandy blonde hair, and her hair makes her look like a gorgeous lion. She hates her hair. :dontknow:

Annie
    Modified-CG, 2c, slightly protein-sensitive, color-treated
    :sunny:
    LA County, SoCal - Cool and some humidity FINALLY
    Liking: Suave co-washes, LVPHG, homemade curl cream and DT
    Loving: KCKT/KCCC/HESMU, Biolage, K-Pak reconstructor, SheaM
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What's BRHG?

Hair looks crummy today. But it's so darned HOT here that I just pinned up the front in desperation, so at least my face could be less sweaty.:sleepy3:
  • a curly qa curly q Posts: 248Registered Users

Well as long as you have the sparkly pins then your frizz is stylish :wink:

lol thanks. If you can't beat it, work with it.
    2b, medium, lots of them
    CG: 21 Apr 08, Mod CG: 24 Aug 08
    My blog: Can't Stop Thinking About Hair
  • bbbeccabbbecca Banned Posts: 232Banned Users
    Once she got the blow dry done, it was already straight, no iron required. The instructor, who had this mass of curls, goes "Damn, I wish MY hair did that!" while I'm looking at her going "Damn, I wish my had did THAT!"

But doesnt the blow dryer usually get hair straight? I guess I wouldnt be very surprised in that situation but its probably the crowd that I hang with.
    "'You come of the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve,' said Aslan.'"
    http://public.fotki.com/bbecca/hair-pics/
    pw-curls
    Koukla72 wrote: »
    when you claim in your nomination speech to the families of special needs children, "I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House" after having reduced funding for special needs education by 62%
    http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/sliming_palin.html

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file