Product recomendations please

quthrt17quthrt17 Posts: 69Registered Users
I have no idea what products work for me anymore. If somebody could recomend a routine that works for them I would greatly apreciate it. I am pretty sure I am a 2C. Please help!!
*quthrt17*

Step 1: Shampoo every day or every other day with either Graham Webb Making Waves or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration

Step 2: Condition every day with either Graham Webb Making Waves or Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. Finger comb through and let sit for the rest of my shower

Step 3: Rake in one pump of TIGI Curls Rock Amplifier and then scrunch.

This routine is working pretty well for me...... and it is simple

Comments

• wavy in neenahwavy in neenah Posts: 113Registered Users
    I'm really liking Hask Spray It Curly. It gives definition and doesn't leave much crunch at all. My only gripe is with their sprayer design. You wear your index finger out because such a small amount comes out with each pump. I put it in a trigger bottle and now I cover my whole head with just a few sprays.

I picked it up at Walgreen's for $5.
    Hair type: Currently 2c/3amii. Modified CG since 05/25/2008. Length is roughly 2" past my collar bone.
    'Poo: Dr. Bronner's lemon 'poo bar once a week.
    Co-Wash: Suave Naturals coconut condish. Freeman SeaKelp Moisturizing Condish.
    Styling: Flax seed gel, Tresemme Bouncy Curls, Hask Spray-It Curly, Tresemme Curl Locking Spray.
    Towel: Fake chamois from the auto dept. Gets out so much water that my hair is starting to spiral instead of water weight pulling them all out into waves.
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What products have you been using? In the General Discussion forum there is a multi-page thread called, "What did you do with your hair today" that has lots of info. As another 2c wavy/curly, I don't know if we can ever find products and techniques that will consistently work. Our hair is just too unpredictable! Personally, I like playing with products and trying new combos. Every day my hair looks a little different, even if I do everything the same.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 606Registered Users
    ewenique wrote: »
    As another 2c wavy/curly, I don't know if we can ever find products and techniques that will consistently work. Our hair is just too unpredictable! ... Every day my hair looks a little different, even if I do everything the same.

Ain't that the truth!!
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

• cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 178Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My regular products are in my signature, but I've recently tried the travel size of Mop Top. I don't know about the gel and spray, but I have been rotating the Conditioner and shampoo in with good results. Shampoo is gentle without drying, but leaves hair and scalp squeaky clean. Conditioner has lots of slip and doesn't leave hair slightly oily like Jessicurl can on occassion. Also tried wavy cocktail of Curlisto mousse and Gel I with excellent results. I have been getting big chunky curls that are easily revived mid-afternoon with Curl Junkie (very similary to JC Awe). The final achievement is second day hair (something I rarely do)--It looks even better the next morning, and revives with the Curl Junkie without being frizzy. I believe I could also go an extra day without shampooing (I shampoo every third day). Usually new products work for a day or two, then build up or my hair gets greasy, but these have been doing well for the last two weeks.
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
  • UTgalUTgal Posts: 320Registered Users
    2c w/a bit of 3a
    Fine & plentiful, no dyes
    bioInfusion the Gentle One Shampoo
    Currently loving:
    Deva ArcAngell
    Deva Set it Free

Curly since 6/17/2008.
    oregonian_showersmile.gif
    http://public.fotki.com/UTgal/
    PW: browncurls

Leave a Comment