Post your before & After CG pics

Comments

• RawrSallyRawrSally Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    fskatergirl, you and your hair are seriously gorgeous.
    And mitabird, you have amazing hair too.

Seriously, we should put some of these befores and afters on the main page of naturallycurly.com.
  • mitabirdmitabird Registered Users Posts: 226 Curl Connoisseur
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • jaimersjaimers Registered Users Posts: 98
    mitagirl & fskatergirl - holy moly! Your hair is gorgeous. Thanks for the inspiring photos!
  • mitabirdmitabird Registered Users Posts: 226 Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for the compliments Annarie101 and curltastic! You both have beautiful hair as well.
    Western Pennsylvania

3b, medium textured, medium thickness, medium porosity, protein sensitive
    CG since 6/22/04

CO Washes: Suave Conditioners, Devacurl No Poo
    Conditioners: Trader Joe Nourish, GV Conditioning Balm, JC Too Shea
    Styling: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Chi Infra Gel, GF Pure Clean Gel
    DT: Devacurl Heaven in Hair, Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture, Hask Henna & Placenta (every 3 mo)

Hair photos
    pw: manycurls
  • missbobbiebobbobmissbobbiebobbob Registered Users Posts: 2
    Everyone's hair looks so great! I'm new to this though and was wondering if your hair feels greasy and oily sometimes?
  • ZigaZagaZigaZaga Registered Users Posts: 473
    Everyone's hair looks so great! I'm new to this though and was wondering if your hair feels greasy and oily sometimes?

LOL good question! No, only after I have oiled my hair a lot. Otherwise it does not feel greasy at all. But we are all unique. :) Some may require a low poo every so often. Some may have naturally oily scalps. I oil my ends after I have cowashed and conditioned. No problems with grease or oiliness for me. If it happens I know a shampoo is around the corner. But my hair - and curls, have totally benefited from not getting shampooed all the time.
    -3A?
    -Fine, ii (almost iii) thickness
    -salon pintura and natural sun-made highlights combo
    -CG since October 2007, rare occasional low poo.
    -Growing it out
    click here for fotki pics
    -pw: ziggy
  • SapphireMoonSapphireMoon Registered Users Posts: 123

My hair did for the first week or so, but then it adjusted.
    I like your avatar by the way.
    -2c/3a

"For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day." -Audrey Hepburn

Fotki updated January 9 2009
    http://public.fotki.com/Sapphire-Moon/
    pswd: curls
  • Gorgeous_LoxxGorgeous_Loxx Registered Users Posts: 14
    Gee willickers! I'll have to post here... in a couple of months when my hair is as jaw dropping as your guys's. I just started CG today. Hoping for miracles cuz these curls are a difficulty if not anything else. My curls are like The sour-faced uncle and the family reunions, you just HOPE to God that they're having a good day. Most the time it doesn't work out. I love this mthod it works Amazingly and in all my 13 years of living i never thought it would be possible. We'll see...

Learning to control the tresses

Love your Loxx Care for your Curls
    Curly is the new FABULOUS

Lil bit of 3b Maybe a pinch of 3c

Humidity Epiphany (Hupiphany??)
    -rudeechick
  • Gorgeous_LoxxGorgeous_Loxx Registered Users Posts: 14
    DEVAGIRLBRAZIL I am so incredibly jealous. I ... grr i want nice curlies :angry5:

Learning to control the tresses

Love your Loxx Care for your Curls
    Curly is the new FABULOUS

Lil bit of 3b Maybe a pinch of 3c

Humidity Epiphany (Hupiphany??)
    -rudeechick
  • katie2009katie2009 Registered Users Posts: 11
    hey all of you! well i was just wondering if the cg method means no 'cones or 'xanes at all??? because currently i have 30 bottles of hair stuff (all different brands and such since i have gone through the ringer trying to fix my curls) and they all have at least 1 'cone in them. :(. only 2 that i own didn't. so i guess i was just wondering if there was any bending the rules? or if i should just ditch everything and go buy new stuff?
  • Ephesians2:8Ephesians2:8 Registered Users Posts: 170
    Mine's not very dramatic, I'm afraid! I think it's the frizz factor.

bad, BAD! windy hair day, before CG
    http://public.fotki.com/ephesians2-8/before-cg/img2338.html

good hair day, before CG
    http://public.fotki.com/ephesians2-8/before-cg/img2436.html

after
    http://public.fotki.com/ephesians2-8/good-hair-days/img3527.html

There is a difference though!
    3a. My hair does what it wants.. currently waiting for BKT treatment to go away.

“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” - Mark 8:36
    Katie - if you used those products it wouldn't technically be cg, but I think you might be able to get away with, based on how your hair reacts to it. I'm not sure exactly what all the ingredients do, but I know there's posts around here somewhere about it!
    3a. My hair does what it wants.. currently waiting for BKT treatment to go away.

“What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?” - Mark 8:36
  • SadieSadie Registered Users Posts: 3 Curl Neophyte
    Brand new to this! I had a time trying to find a pic of my hair before. This is the best I could find. ( I wasn't in the habit of taking pics of my hair before! LOL)

metan2-vi.jpg
    Hosted on Fotki

and after my first co-wash (again!)

DSCN3132-vi.jpg
    Hosted on Fotki
    Currently using : Suave coconut condish or Suave Ocean Breeze condish, Aloe vera Gel, La Bella Gel.

PW - wurly
    ... lets see more! :toothy7:

• ellabellaellabella Registered Users Posts: 7
    Heres a bad photo pre-cg, I go back/forth on CG'ing, but am going to stick it out this time and see the results.

n634065692_1309281_9068-vi.jpg

Here it is today.
    dscf1377rt5.jpg
  • leilis1991leilis1991 Registered Users Posts: 20
    oh my god fskastergirl, both you and your hair are gorgeous!!

I think you look a little like jessica alba, really :) (not the hair, just the face)

=P

this thread is truly inspiring!!

after seeing all your pictures, I decided to take up CG myself =P
    2a/2b f/ii

Hoping to get curlier!! :wink:

(Sorry about any spelling or grammar mistakes, English is not my mother tongue)

:blob7:
  • dulciandulcian Registered Users Posts: 73
    Before CG:

Curl but not a lot of volume
    pre-CG.jpg

Volume but not a lot of curl (these are my headshots)
    pre-CG-2.jpg pre-CG-3.jpg

After about 2 months CG:
    CG.jpg
    Hair Journal. 2b/3a, Mii, never colored, rarely heat-styled. CG since 27-Mar-08. Current favorite routine: Aloeba (co-wash), AOHR (rinse-out), KCKT mixed with AVG (leave-in), KCCC, BRHG, overnight plop, scrunch crunch with Nourish & Shine.
  • sexyjacksparrowsexyjacksparrow Registered Users Posts: 439
    Wow - all these pictures are amazing and so inspirational! You all have such gorgeous curls.

I'm so tempted to try the CG method. I tried no-poo and no-cones once before but my hair felt icky. Maybe it's worth me trying again though when I next come to replace my products.
    [FONT=&quot]UK curly - mostly 2c[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Going back to basics![/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Happily using a mixture of sulphates, cones and CG products.
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Permanently undecided whether to cut or grow![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Currently loving:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Lush I Love Juicy shampoo
    Charles Worthington frizz smoothing conditioner[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Superdrug coconut & almond intensive conditioner[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Montagne Jeunesse avocado & cherry bark mask[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Umberto Giannini curl gel
    Boots 'pink' curl creme
    [/FONT]
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Registered Users Posts: 3,079 Curl Connoisseur
    2 years ago while using shampoo

n5810440_32719888_1918.jpg

Modified CG

n5810440_32968111_1211.jpg
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • ibraidhairibraidhair Registered Users Posts: 343
    Ok ladies, I've been ignoring this thread because I know it'd make me want to post pics, and to get some pre-CG-ish pics I'd have to go through my boxes because it was also pre-digital camera and that'd just be alot of trouble to dig them out and scan them and post them and all that.... But I finally looked through all the pages and ...must:banghead:.... post:banghead:.... pics:banghead:.... lol
  • SiavaSiava Registered Users Posts: 32
    CurlyHairedFarmer, your modified CG curls are gorgeous!
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Registered Users Posts: 3,079 Curl Connoisseur
    Siava wrote: »
    CurlyHairedFarmer, your modified CG curls are gorgeous!

Thank you! I just couldn't go full CG as my hair responded horribly even after a month.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • penguin930penguin930 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Ok, I'm really aggravated now. I just went CG, and I know it hasn't been very long (3 days), but my hair is still really frizzy. I'm using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-No-Poo-p-53.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-nopoo]DevaCurl No-Poo[/buylink], DevaCurl One Conditioner, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]DevaCurl Angel[/buylink]l, and DevaCurl SetItFree. As soon as I scrunch my hair to get rid of the excess water, it begins to get frizzy. I've tried scrunching, on separate occasions, with both a t-shirt and paper towels, and I still get frizz. When I apply the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-Angell-p-57.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-angell]DevaCurl Angel[/buylink]l, which is supposed to get rid of frizz, it just gets worse.

HELP ME PLEASE! I want my hair to look like yours!
    Mands!!!!
    Hair Type: 3A
    Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
    Hair Length: Mid-Back
    Current Status: Growing Out
    Here they are.....

a long time ago (probably about 12 years old) a perm with no clue how to care for curly hair
    IMG_0510.jpg
    average hair days (about 17 years old) when I started hating my hair
    IMG_0470.jpgIMG_0466.jpg
    now (28 years old)
    IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
  • notegalnotegal Registered Users Posts: 560
    ibraidhair, WOW! I love your hair! It's soooo pretty!. :toothy7:I'm trying to grow mine out long...I just don't know if I have the patience. How long did it take for your to get that long?
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

Thank you, notegal! As you can see in the pics, it's been long for a really long time. So I can't really say how long it took. :smile: Sorry!
  • XtinaXposedXtinaXposed Registered Users Posts: 2
    today i tried cg the first time. the first picture is my "normal" hair before, the others are from just a few minutes ago.
    see, even someone with 1b/c can become a 2c (i think).
    i'm so happy with the result.
  • fishytangofishytango Registered Users Posts: 110
    amazing hair! Are you girls styling your hair with the gel a certain way as well?
    Should get you to my fotki, if not tell me:
    http://public.fotki.com/fishytango/

HOORAY FOR THE RETURN OF MY PIPE-CURLS! :blob7:

Modified CG 8-8-08

I clean with: burt's bees pomegranate or giovanni tea trea, or baking soda rinse
    co-wash:Suave naturals aloe
    conditioner:same or suave naturals coconut or burts bees pomegranate conditioner
    styler:Herbal essences body envy gel or garnier fructise spray curl gel. Plus soft and sheen(think it's called) oil treatment
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Registered Users Posts: 1,574 Curl Neophyte
    I saw this thread back when it was started (on my birthday, in fact!), and didn't think I had good enough pics to contribute. Last week, however, was a HUGE turning point for me, and I think I'm ready to show the arsenal of blackmail ammo.

The first pic of me in the black and white striped shirt (facing the camera) was pre CG, taken Halloween of 2007, and I can't believe I EVER thought that was what good hair was supposed to look like. My hair was stringy, flat, and greasy-looking from all the cones I used to use (no, that wasn't crunch). Yes, I still use cones now, but in a much more controlled manner, and I don't use anti-frizz serum like it's water anymore. And ignore my stupid cheesey smile, please!

The pic titled TRESemme was day 1 CG and the white shirt was day 2 CG (when I was doing real CG), and they were before I knew anything about plopping. I mean, I knew about it, but hadn't even come close to trying it yet. So those were just air-dried with Aussie Naturals gel.

The ones titled non CG (back on a single cone that my hair seems to still need, and sulfate poo to remove it) were from this past week - the one in the orange shirt was product distributed with a fine-toothed comb, and the one in the plum floral dress was no combing after the shower at all. Both of these were plopped overnight. Neither of these pics, however, show my HG combo, which I'll try to get some pics of tomorrow - the last one just shows what the FOTE does for me. It's even better with castor oil to scrunch out the crunch!

Still not quite there, but getting dang close!!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • jillipoojillipoo Registered Users Posts: 3,795 Curl Neophyte
    What an amazing thread this is. If anybody ever questions whether they should go CG, this is the thread to show them! You all look so beautiful!!

I haven't got much pre-CG that's in digital form, but this professional shot kinda shows just how I'd given up on my hair. No style, lame curl.

Jill.jpg

and then 11 months into CG:

IMG_0007-vi.jpg
    3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
    CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
    CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
    CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
    GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG

Fotki password: chuckle
    Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: nopoojillipoo

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file