Post your before & After CG pics

Comments

• alyssa_kalyssa_k Registered Users Posts: 51
    Mint wrote: »
    Alyssa_k, I can definitely see a difference in your hair. You banished the frizz and achieved more curl. Very pretty. :compress:

Thanks!:toothy6:
    2cCiii
    Using: Testing new stuff :)
    :toothy6:
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    More gorgeous hair!!!

Rocky B - I adore your angled bob!
    Darn it, now I'm getting the urge to go chin length again!!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    msgiblet wrote: »
    xcptnl wrote: »
    I dont have any real great shots. My hair was always a shorter. The black dress one is in 2003 and the one with the cute guy :toothy7: is 2003 and the middle one is January 2008.

I think I need to go to short again - I wonder if I can take 5 years off!!

I love the black dress shot!

Me too! But I am willing to bet I wont look that young and that thin if I got that cut now :toothy7:

I may look up my old hairdresser just for the heck of it and do the cut anyways - she always did a real nice cut!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • SapphireMoonSapphireMoon Registered Users Posts: 123
    Wow, everyones hair looks so great!

Before CG:
    chaaa2020copy-vi.jpg

After using a non-sulfate shampoo (didnt know about CG yet though):
    girlsnight021-vi.jpg

After CG (12 days after, taken today. my hair had just dryed so there is a bit more frizz than usuall):
    hiarss016copy-vi.jpg
    hiarss013copy-vi.jpg
    -2c/3a

"For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day." -Audrey Hepburn

Fotki updated January 9 2009
    http://public.fotki.com/Sapphire-Moon/
    pswd: curls
  • rocky brocky b Registered Users Posts: 187
    More gorgeous hair!!!

Rocky B - I adore your angled bob!
    Darn it, now I'm getting the urge to go chin length again!!

thank you!!! :toothy7:i've been thinking of growing it out but it's just so much easier for me to have it short.
    3b thick and coarse
    CONS
    VO5 champagne kiss, suave coconut, inecto coconut oil moisturizing condish
    CURL CREMES
    mop c
    GELS
    HE SMU, LA sports gel
    LOW POO'S
    cream of nature

:afro: cg/modified cg since april 2006
  • tulipantulipan Registered Users Posts: 209 Curl Neophyte
    Wow, everyones hair looks so great!

Before CG:
    chaaa2020copy-vi.jpg

After using a non-sulfate shampoo (didnt know about CG yet though):
    girlsnight021-vi.jpg

After CG (12 days after, taken today. my hair had just dryed so there is a bit more frizz than usuall):
    hiarss016copy-vi.jpg
    hiarss005copy-vi.jpg

Wow,beautiful curls!
    3A/M/iii
    -
    full CG routine works for my hair!

s-event.png

Sorry for my mistakes in english! This is not my main language. I'm still learning!
  • rejoicingcurlygirlrejoicingcurlygirl Registered Users Posts: 654
    It's almost my Hairniversary, so here they are.

Before CG (last summer) and yesterday.....
    3A; I have HG products!
    Curl enhancer: Mop-C curl cream
    DT: Deva Heaven in Hair; JC WDT
    Gel: B&A; Arc Angel
    Conditioner: Deva OneC; JC too shea
    Frizz fighters: CK, JCS C&S
    PW: curlynow
    It's almost my Hairniversary, so here they are.

Before CG (last summer) and yesterday.....

amazing diffrence!
    3A/M/iii
    -

s-event.png

Sorry for my mistakes in english! This is not my main language. I'm still learning!
  • tmmycattmmycat Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 256
    For those of you whose hair became more curly after CG - did your styling routine also change?

I am curious because my styling routine (or lack thereof) didn't change much at all, and my wave/curl pattern is the same. It definitely looks healthier and less frizzy, but not curlier.
    • My Pre-CG styling routine: shampoo, conditioner, frizz-ease, air dry or damp bun
    • My Post-CG styling routine: co-wash, air dry or damp bun, oil

I was 2b before and after, although I can get ringlets if I put stlying products in it and scrunch (which I don't do because it irritates my skin).

So I'm curious ... how much increased curl pattern is due to no shampoo, and how much of it is due to gel + curl creme, plop / scrunch / etc?
    shoulder-length wavy - no shampoo/no cones
    currently experimenting with water-only washing
    tmmycat wrote: »
    For those of you whose hair became more curly after CG - did your styling routine also change?

I am curious because my styling routine (or lack thereof) didn't change much at all, and my wave/curl pattern is the same. It definitely looks healthier and less frizzy, but not curlier.
    • My Pre-CG styling routine: shampoo, conditioner, frizz-ease, air dry or damp bun
    So I'm curious ... how much increased curl pattern is due to no shampoo, and how much of it is due to gel + curl creme, plop / scrunch / etc?

my whole routine has changed. how i apply my product, in what order i apply it, how i dry my hair. i mean just putting my gel in while i'm flipped over gave me better clumping. putting my product in while my hair was wet gave me more curls less frizz. the type of towel i'm using isn't breaking my curl or making me loose curl. using a curl creme is giving me better curl definition. doing weekly dts has made my hair so much softer and touchable compaired to the brillo pad i once had.
    3b thick and coarse
    CONS
    CURL CREMES
    mop c
    GELS
    HE SMU, LA sports gel
    LOW POO'S
    cream of nature

• acacia54acacia54 Registered Users Posts: 42
    pre CG:

mnr-vi.jpg

5ish months into CG:

DSCF5298-vi.jpg
    Gore-g-ous curls, hun! You look like a blond (younger!) me in some ways. I'm growing out my bangs to see if I can pull it off, b/c I've always, always had a fringe bang. You're hair is just what I hope happens with mine.

Can we get Boots curl cream here in Canada, anyone?
    Mostly 3b/some 3a using CHS Curl Keeper...got the moisture kit and loving it so far. Even the poo, and definitely the CK!
  • KitaraKitara Registered Users Posts: 1,224
    I just have to say that you no faced people freak me OUT! :laughing7:
  • mysteryflavoredmysteryflavored Registered Users Posts: 1,271 Curl Novice
    tmmycat wrote: »

I was 2b before and after, although I can get ringlets if I put stlying products in it and scrunch (which I don't do because it irritates my skin).

Some differences to my routine include:

Just gel --> lots of moisture (leave-ins, creams, non-drying gels)
    Brushing before styling --> NO!
    Raking product into damp, towel-dried hair --> scrunching product into soaking hair
    Air-drying and sleeping out the crunch --> air-drying and scrunching out the crunch
    Kitara wrote: »

i have to agree with you. the first time i saw someone post a pic like that on here i actually jumped and i don't jump easily. just kind of threw me. LOL
    3b thick and coarse
    CONS
    CURL CREMES
    mop c
    GELS
    HE SMU, LA sports gel
    LOW POO'S
    cream of nature

haha sorry, i was making ugly faces in the pictures.

and thanks Tulipan!
    -2c/3a

"For beautiful hair, let a child run his or her fingers through it once a day." -Audrey Hepburn

• curlysingercurlysinger Registered Users Posts: 21
    the first one is pre cg and the second one is post cg
    3B. i think.

current products: vo5 strawberries and cream, garnier sleek and shine leave in, LOOB, biotera curl cream & gel, la bella lots of curls

http://public.fotki.com/curlysinger/hair/
    pw: curly
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    rocky b wrote: »
    my whole routine has changed. how i apply my product, in what order i apply it, how i dry my hair. i mean just putting my gel in while i'm flipped over gave me better clumping. putting my product in while my hair was wet gave me more curls less frizz. the type of towel i'm using isn't breaking my curl or making me loose curl. using a curl creme is giving me better curl definition. doing weekly dts has made my hair so much softer and touchable compaired to the brillo pad i once had.

ditto! My hair was always curly and isn't really any curlier now, but it's healthier, happier, shinier, and more consistant with less fuss.

And yes, the no-face people freak me out too. They look like mannequins and mannequins freak me out.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    rocky b wrote: »

ditto! My hair was always curly and isn't really any curlier now, but it's healthier, happier, shinier, and more consistant with less fuss.

And yes, the no-face people freak me out too. They look like mannequins and mannequins freak me out.

I cannot say my hair is curlier now either. I never straightened or colored my hair so it has always been pretty healthy. I think is a bit more consistent now because I have a better handle on how to help the curls along!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    Hmmm...I think it's decision of owner of pics to be anonymous or not, so I don't understand the problem. Maybe you want them to colour this white pole?;)
    3A/M/iii
    -

s-event.png

• ZigaZagaZigaZaga Registered Users Posts: 473
    msgiblet wrote: »
    WOW!! Your hair is absolutey gorgeous!!! Please tell me what your routine is!
    Your S curls are GORGEOUS!! I wish my s curls would look like that!
    iwantcurls wrote: »
    I agree, ZigaZaga. I'd love to know what products you use. Do tell us about your routine!

Thank you!! msgiblet, SoaringSiren and iwantcurls! Your comments just made my day! :-)

My routine is changing all the time as I search for local products in here Italy. I seem to be settling on a few things.

I co-wash with a pretty natural and very cheap conditioner. It has coconut oil in it, the rest is non descript. Rinse that out and I condition with a heavier conditioner. I leave that one for about 5 minutes. There are two conditioners I like most and sometimes I mix them. One has flaxseed oil in it and the other has honey in it. Both with real simple bases - neither has protein. I pass a wide tooth comb through with the conditioner.

I quick-rinse that out and do a ACV rinse dipping my ends right into the cup of ACV-water mixture before pouring the rest on my hair. I do a super quick rinse out of that.

Then I take about 5 sprays of flaxseed oil in my palm, rub together and then pass over the dripping wet ends. I do another swoop under the shower just to keep it dripping wet.

From there I add my styling product - I want something that gives me good "slip". I am trying to find something close to CK ingredients over here. I have found about 4 different ones that work about the same. They all have hydroethylcellulose and glycerine in various degrees and some holding ingredients. In the last picture I used Biopoints modelling fluid for blondes.

I learned on a Canadian site (darned if I can find it now) that to get good clumps it helps to use a fine toothed comb. So that is what I do. Ya really need good slip and lots of product (kinda like is shown for CK on their site but more gently!). Hair is really dripping and soaked. When I comb I start with the lower back and split the clumps into smaller sections with my fingers and then throw them back out of the way. When I do the top comb sections upward I clip those as I go (focusing clipping on the upper back area because I tend to get a "great divide").

Then I scrunch in some gel. The one I used in the picture is Cliniques "strong control gel". I don't use much of this because it has such strong hold. Absolutely no raking. Then I turn upside down and swing a bit so my curls can find space and do their thing. This whole styling part takes me about 5-10 minutes to do. It gives me more control than if I just apply products after rinsing up side down.

I let the whole thing sit a bit but sometimes I lightly plop while getting dressed. Plopping tends to give me zig zags so I loosely plop with a MF turban without buttoning it which would be too tight. Then I partially diffuse upsidedown.

Air dry the rest of the way, remove clips carefully and then scrunch out the crunch.

I think what has really been helping me lately has been to do an AVC rince each time I co-wash (about 2-3 times a week) rather than every now and then. I have such hard water it seems to be necessary. And I just discovered scrunching in gel. Before I would just put it on top of the modelling fluid. I think doing that weighed down my curls. I have also be upping the oil treatments and that has really made a difference.

Gee, this was long! Sorry! It isn't as complicated as it might seem.

Edited to add: Sorry about the no face on the one pic. I do not white out my face in my folki but this site is public and wide open to the whole world. :D
    -3A?
    -Fine, ii (almost iii) thickness
    -salon pintura and natural sun-made highlights combo
    -CG since October 2007, rare occasional low poo.
    -Growing it out
    click here for fotki pics
    -pw: ziggy
    tulipan wrote: »
    Hmmm...I think it's decision of owner of pics to be anonymous or not, so I don't understand the problem. Maybe you want them to colour this white pole?;)

I think everyone was kidding. I know I was anyway. I have not problem with people being anonymous. I'm sure most times people would rather I covered mine! : )

I think everyone was kidding. I know I was anyway. I have not problem with people being anonymous. I'm sure most times people would rather I covered mine! : )

Okay:toothy7:
    3A/M/iii
    -

s-event.png

• CurlyEyesCurlyEyes Registered Users Posts: 2,983
    I have no pre-CG pics. I was (and still am) extremely camera shy, and my hair was a hot mess, so I figured I had no need for pictures. :sad8:

I'm loving all the drastic changes I see, and the curls are so gorgeous! It's like all of my dream curls.
    made up of 98.822% silliness!!

beautiful_wonderful_fabulous_jade_antm.gif
  • madmb20madmb20 Registered Users Posts: 117
    so i've looked through this post more times than i can count and finally have some pics of my own. the first one was taken in 2005 on a very humid, rainy day and the second one a few weeks ago (started cg in march).
    2A/B
    still working on it
    :wink:
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    madmb20 wrote: »
    so i've looked through this post more times than i can count and finally have some pics of my own. the first one was taken in 2005 on a very humid, rainy day and the second one a few weeks ago (started cg in march).

You have beautiful hair and it looks more 3a than 2a.:)
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
  • KitaraKitara Registered Users Posts: 1,224
    Hmmm...I think it's decision of owner of pics to be anonymous or not, so I don't understand the problem.

No, I wasn't kidding. They really do freak me out and the :laughing7: was because I think it's funny. Especially SapphireMoon's with just the eye poking out. If I saw that on the street I would run for cover. lol.gif

I'm not sure how that translates into a "problem" or taking away the poster's decision to be anonymous, but ok. I didn't suggest or imply that anyone should do anything differently. I wouldn't expect anyone to change, just laugh and see the humor in it.

ETA: Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about the cut out faces, or the black circle over the face, but the blurred faces that are the same color as the skin like they really do have no face. Hence my "no faced people".
    Hmmm...I think it's decision of owner of pics to be anonymous or not, so I don't understand the problem.

No, I wasn't kidding. They really do freak me out and the :laughing7: was because I think it's funny. Especially SapphireMoon's with just the eye poking out. If I saw that on the street I would run for cover. lol.gif

I'm not sure how that translates into a "problem" or taking away the poster's decision to be anonymous, but ok. I didn't suggest or imply that anyone should do anything differently. I wouldn't expect anyone to change, just laugh and see the humor in it.

ETA: Just to clarify, I wasn't talking about the cut out faces, or the black circle over the face, but the blurred faces that are the same color as the skin like they really do have no face. Hence my "no faced people".

Haha, believe me, if you saw the weird face I was making underneith the blur you would be running for cover twice as fast:laughing7:
    -2c/3a

• notegalnotegal Registered Users Posts: 560
    It reminds me of the faces of the kids in the Pink Floyd video "The Wall" their faces were kind of like that (the one eye or the way that the eyes are...) after being brainwashed by the education system...:laughing7:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=M_bvT-DGcWw
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• UsodaUsoda Registered Users Posts: 918
    ZigaZaga wrote: »

I learned on a Canadian site (darned if I can find it now) that to get good clumps it helps to use a fine toothed comb. So that is what I do. Ya really need good slip and lots of product (kinda like is shown for CK on their site but more gently!). Hair is really dripping and soaked. When I comb I start with the lower back and split the clumps into smaller sections with my fingers and then throw them back out of the way. When I do the top comb sections upward I clip those as I go (focusing clipping on the upper back area because I tend to get a "great divide").

So, are you combing individual sections of hair with product in them and with the fine tooth comb? This, then helps that section to clump together?
    Usoda wrote: »
    3C; coarse ringlets; mix of Irish, Black, German, Native American (Cherokee)

This is off topic, but it sounds like you have amazing hair.
    -2c/3a

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file