Post your before & After CG pics

Comments

• redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    tatcat wrote: »
    OK, what's the Curly Ambassador card????
    I'd love to pass them out to every curly girl that I see that needs HELP with their curls... there's one lady who works at my bank and I just keep envisioning seeing her curls being transformed!
    I actually mentioned this thread to some curlies I met. I gave them the Curly Ambassador card and told them to check out the before and after pics. They checked it out at and reported back to me with how impressed they were with the transformations.

Fresh meat to convert! Muwhahahaha

It's a business card with the nc.com logo and address on it. I haven't seen the link for them since the site redesign. I think that if you PM Michelle or Gretchen, they can send you some. I got some fo free in a CurlMart order once.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • curlylew66curlylew66 Registered Users Posts: 1,685
    More please. I want to see more!:cyclops:
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Registered Users Posts: 15,402 Curl Neophyte
    These are amazing before/afters. This thread should be a sticky.
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    LoloDSM wrote: »
    *sigh* I'll make DH take some pictures this weekend so you all can see that I'm not secretly a man with a penchant for curly girls. :iconbiggrin:

Seriously though. Wow. It's amazing what a difference it makes. And JeepCurlyGirl? You look stunning and make me feel better about going grey. :notworthy:

Thanks, you made my day!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Registered Users Posts: 755
    HairSlave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy smokes! If this is your hair after ONE day CG, I can NOT even begin to imagine the awesomeness that is yet to come! Gorgeous!
  • Shann-nShann-n Registered Users Posts: 78
    I had a hard time finding a before picture but this is one that was put in the local newspaper for an article I was in. Not pretty hair at all... I was using Bed Head [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curly-Hair-Solutions-Curl-Keeper-p-28.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curly-hair-solutions-curl-keeper]Curl Keeper[/buylink] and thought my hair looked great..
    DSC03792.jpg
    By the way I do modified cg with my daughter now too!!!!
    These two last ones are now :)
    Photo 9.jpg
    Photo 16.jpg
    Shannon
    Currently using...
    UMMMM whatever I grab at that time
    Wash with Organix coconut every other day condition every day with something.
    GF gel
    JJ CCCS, JC RR
    looking for more reccs for baby fine hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    I love this thread! Everyones curls look awesome!
    Jeepcurlygirl, I'm loving the beach hair. I wish mine would get that nice beachy look when I'm at the beach. Instead it goes all brillo pad on me:cussing:.

Can someone explain to me how on earth you girls get such great pictures of your curls. I can't for the life of me get a good pic and I've tried it all. Even the pic in my avatar isn't that clear. I think my camera just sucks. It's a few years old now.
    I honestly haven't been good about tracking my hair journey like some of you gals so I don't have any before pics on my computer to post but I'm loving all the pics so far.:iconbiggrin:
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • SpunGoldSpunGold Registered Users Posts: 454
    Magoo wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how on earth you girls get such great pictures of your curls. I can't for the life of me get a good pic and I've tried it all. Even the pic in my avatar isn't that clear. I think my camera just sucks. It's a few years old now.

Actually it's more about lighting than your camera, probably. I try to get lots of good natural light so the photo turns out well. Pay attention to your light source and they'll probably turn out better.

(oh, and make sure your flash is turned off if it likes to go off on its own)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fia type: 3a/F/ii Pics! Updated 04/22/10
    CO Wash: Suave Coconut
    Leave-in: Deva Heaven in Hair
    Current Styler: Fuzzy Duck Gel
    finally at waist length!
  • MagooMagoo Registered Users Posts: 2,173 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks, I will try standing by a window next time. The times I've tried has been in my bathroom with no window and even with the overhead light on the pics come out dark.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • BabydollRingletsBabydollRinglets Registered Users Posts: 205
    Ohh my goshh! You guys have such amazing hair.
    Because of you, I'm still trying to get my curls how I wanted.

Blah, I'm so frustrated! :sad5:
    3c/3b fine texture, normal density, high porosity

Shampoo: Devacare Low Poo, Devacare No Poo
    Conditioner: Devacare One Conditioner
    Leave-In: Devacare One Conditioner
    Oil: Grapeseed Oil
    Treatment: Coloful Protein Filler
    Gel: Eco Styler Argan Oil
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Registered Users Posts: 606
    My hair was curlier before I started having babies in 2004, but I don't have any digital photos of it then.

Here is an example from April 2007, which shows how much my hair hates cones. My daily poo with light conditioner had dimethicone in it and I was using a pomade that surely had cones.

2007_Apr_back.jpg

This is a pic from today using a cocktail of homemade flax gel and max green alchemy sculpting gel. (I still get a lot of fluctuation in my wave/curl pattern from day to day, but very rarely as straight as the above pic unless I'm reacting to a product or ingredient.)

hfg_mga_left.jpg

And this is just one of my favorites from earlier this year...
    DSCN4156small.jpg
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

• CurlyQTeeCurlyQTee Registered Users Posts: 10
    Hi Ladies,

First of all, the results are drastic after CG. Your hair looks great! I was hoping to get some info on the specific products you've been using on your hair and the things you stopped doing to your hair to get those results.

Also, everytime I get my haircut too much is cut off. I've been telling my stylist that I want to grow it but just looked at a photo of my hair last year and it's basically the same length now. My question is..how often do you get your haircut and do you have layers?

Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it.

Your Fellow Curly Girl.:toothy7:
    3B, I think....I do know it's red and curly!
    Password for website: Tisse
  • NottyNotty Registered Users Posts: 1,456
    HairSlave wrote: »
    Ok...here goes

Pre-CG (straight and natural)

47b8dc22b3127ccec31253689c4100000016100AZuWrVs1bMWIPbz4S

47b8df35b3127ccec3481aee4a3400000016100AZuWrVs1bMWIPbz4S

After CG..I'm real new to this (like just started yesterday new!!)

47b8d832b3127ccec40e81da542400000026100AZuWrVs1bMWIPbz4S

47b8d832b3127ccec40e97c4d50100000026100AZuWrVs1bMWIPbz4S

And as I sit here and type this post, I've had to put my hair back in it's usual ponytail b/c I've played with it too much this morning. :cry: That and it's gonna be extremely hot and I cannot stand my hair on my neck or around my face when it's hot out!!
    Wow - your hair looks awesome - so curly and not frizzy at all...........way to go girl!!!
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    http://public.fotki.com/notty6

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • NottyNotty Registered Users Posts: 1,456
    Okay so you've all shamed me into it~~~
    Before and after? Put them up on my fotki:(
    :toothy7:between Botticelli & Corkscrew curly-very thick, coarse hair
    http://public.fotki.com/notty6

When I get to be 'Queen of the World', I will absolish WIND!!!:queen:
  • MintMint Registered Users Posts: 1,143 Curl Neophyte
    I love these pics! They're so gorgeous. The transformations are awe-inspiring. :happy2:

As for me, I can never do full CG (tried twice), so I use shampoo (sometimes with sulfates) about every other day and CG-friendly conditioner (However, I'm trying one with dimethicone soon; my frizz is driving me nuts. :cry:). I've given up on cyclopentasiloxane, mineral oil, and other substances that can build up terribly, so I consider myself modified-CG.

Pre-CG: Matrix Sleek.look shampoo and conditioner
    hair120070218-vi.jpg

Mod CG: Nexxus Aloe Rid 'poo, VO5 Conditioner, Aussie Sun-Touched Shine Conditioning Spray, and Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray Gel

IMG_1163-vi.jpg

IMG_1171-vi.jpg
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • AngularScienceAngularScience Registered Users Posts: 844 Curl Neophyte
    Mint, you and I have similar hair routines! You're the first person on this site that says you use sulfates and some light cones, while avoiding mineral oil and cyclo..xanes. I'm definitely going to try out some of your products now--your pics are very nice!
    Mint, you and I have similar hair routines! You're the first person on this site that says you use sulfates and some light cones, while avoiding mineral oil and cyclo..xanes. I'm definitely going to try out some of your products now--your pics are very nice!

Hooray, I'm not alone! :blob7: Maybe we're hair twins? I hope my reviews are helpful. There's going to be one coming up soon on the fotki for Pantene Restoratives Breakage Defense Conditioner. I was inspired by a relative who has perfectly shiny, soft, smooth wavy hair after using the Pantene brunette condish, and I found the Breakage Defense has very similar ingredients...

Btw, thanks, I try to take good pics. XD
  • notegalnotegal Registered Users Posts: 560
    Mint wrote: »

Hooray, I'm not alone! :blob7: Maybe we're hair twins? I hope my reviews are helpful. There's going to be one coming up soon on the fotki for Pantene Restoratives Breakage Defense Conditioner. I was inspired by a relative who has perfectly shiny, soft, smooth wavy hair after using the Pantene brunette condish, and I found the Breakage Defense has very similar ingredients...

Mint...I love your signature quote. That's really cool. I'm a musician and sometimes dabble in writing my own music. The quote is so true.
    "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for."
    Ernest Hemingway

CG since June 15th, 2008:dog::love5::elephant:
    3b very thick hair with very kinky (possibly 3c) curls underneath
    Went Deva Care line beginning
    September 23, 2009
    Update: 10/12/2009 I can't stop playing with my curls!! So soft, shiny and manageable!!!! IN LOVE WITH DEVA Products!!!!!! YIPPPIE!!!!:wav:

• alyssa_kalyssa_k Registered Users Posts: 51
    Well mine is not nearly as good as all of yours but im very happy with it.:)

Pre-CG
    IMG_2110small.JPG
    This is one of the few times my hair wasn't in a bun and after I put lots of stuff in it and tried (unsuccessfully) to make it look nice.

CG
    059small.jpg
    058small.jpg
    This was yesterday. :) I consider this a very good hair day for me. So thanks for all the info and help you guys. :toothy7:
    2cCiii
    Using: Testing new stuff :)
    :toothy6:
    notegal wrote: »
    Mint wrote: »

Mint...I love your signature quote. That's really cool. I'm a musician and sometimes dabble in writing my own music. The quote is so true.

Thanks! :toothy7:
    Alyssa_k, I can definitely see a difference in your hair. You banished the frizz and achieved more curl. Very pretty. :compress:
  • rocky brocky b Registered Users Posts: 187
    this was back in december '05 about 4 months before i went cg and i was about a good 60 pounds heavier back then too.
    100_0427.jpg
    this pic was just taken yesterday...excuse the tired look on my face i was...um tired!
    endofdayhair2.jpg
    3b thick and coarse
    CONS
    VO5 champagne kiss, suave coconut, inecto coconut oil moisturizing condish
    CURL CREMES
    mop c
    GELS
    HE SMU, LA sports gel
    LOW POO'S
    cream of nature

:afro: cg/modified cg since april 2006
  • nikkimwnikkimw Registered Users Posts: 113
    Here's a Pre CG pic from earlier this year (from January I think) ...
    Precg.jpg

And a picture with straightened hair ....
    straight.jpg

This is a month into my mod CG routine (I use shikakai once in two weeks ... don't think that's pure cg right? )

cgmonth1.jpg
    3A. Total PJ :love5: ! Modified CG (low poo 2-3x a month)
    Goal : BSL dry Current: SL
    Products
    Biotique Biowalnut/BioKelp, VO5 Condish, Aveda Be Curly/Aloe Vera Gel, Aveda Phomollient (day2 and 3),Water w/ AVG +Rosemary + lavender DT: Macadamia oil w/ Rosemary + lavender EO

http://public.fotki.com/nikkimw
    PW : curlygirl
  • ZigaZagaZigaZaga Registered Users Posts: 473
    This is such an inspirational thread!!! Okay I will bite!

Here is what I thought was a good hair day about a year and a half ago.....

allleonespicturessummer2005tospr-1.jpg

And here is my hair right now (after 8 months on the CG routine):

P07-06-08_17521.jpg
    -3A?
    -Fine, ii (almost iii) thickness
    -salon pintura and natural sun-made highlights combo
    -CG since October 2007, rare occasional low poo.
    -Growing it out
    click here for fotki pics
    -pw: ziggy
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    ZigaZaga wrote: »

P07-06-08_17521.jpg

WOW!! Your hair is absolutey gorgeous!!! Please tell me what your routine is!
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MysticeyezMysticeyez Registered Users Posts: 52
    I'm going to add mine in here since so far I have seen such good results . Ive only been doing this for a bit though.

Before

Curlsdry3-vi.jpg
    Hosted on Fotki

And After:

CGday122-vi.jpg
    Hosted on Fotki

Hopefully these arent too big.

Edit: Sorry the pics are fuzzy. Its just a webcam picture =( the picture doesnt show how shiny my hair is getting now.
    3A hair type
    CG since 6/6/2008
    Lovin my curls one day at a time
    My Fotki : http://public.fotki.com/Mysticeyez/
    PW- curls (if it asks for one)
  • SoaringSirenSoaringSiren Registered Users Posts: 765
    ZigaZaga wrote: »

P07-06-08_17521.jpg

Your S curls are GORGEOUS!! I wish my s curls would look like that!
    3a locks!
    Daily Products!: Suave Naturals Coconut, Jessicurl WDT, MOP-C, Biotera Curl Creme, & LA Looks Sports Gel!
    ^^^Proof that you can be CG without spending tons of money! =) ^^^

CG since April 5th, 2008!

http://public.fotki.com/SoaringSIren/
    pw: lotsofcurls
    jillipoo wrote: »
    Boy, it really depends on the gel (and the weather, and the position of the stars, and what kind of mischief Britney Spears has gotten into).
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Registered Users Posts: 606
    I agree, ZigaZaga. I'd love to know what products you use. Do tell us about your routine!
    2B ~ Lovin' it short again!
    Aloe 80 Shampoo & Conditioner, Shea Butter & Aveda Control Paste
    Fotki PW: swirlygirl
    Updated 7/13/08

• xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I dont have any real great shots. My hair was always a shorter. The black dress one is in 2003 and the one with the cute guy :toothy7: is 2003 and the middle one is January 2008.

I think I need to go to short again - I wonder if I can take 5 years off!!
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • msgibletmsgiblet Registered Users Posts: 5,825
    xcptnl wrote: »
    I dont have any real great shots. My hair was always a shorter. The black dress one is in 2003 and the one with the cute guy :toothy7: is 2003 and the middle one is January 2008.

I think I need to go to short again - I wonder if I can take 5 years off!!

I love the black dress shot!
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file