Q about Giovanni 'poos for Modified CG

fpmonkee11fpmonkee11 Posts: 190Registered Users
Hi!
(I'm posting this here as well as in Product Reviews)

I'm modified CG. I have wavy hair and still need to shampoo every once and a while.

I was looking for a sulfate and 'cone-free poo to use that I don't have to order online, and heard about the Giovanni poos that Target carries.

I've heard good things about the Giovanni 50/50 Balanced poo and the Tea Tree Triple Treat (wow, say that 10 times fast! :iconbiggrin:).

What is the difference? Is one more drying, better smelling, etc.?
I would appreciate help if you have used them, or heard reviews about them.

Thank you! -Haleigh
6203750_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    For me the Tea Tree was too drying. I dont shampoo often, but the 50/50 worked nicely for me when I used it.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • fpmonkee11fpmonkee11 Posts: 190Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »
    For me the Tea Tree was too drying. I dont shampoo often, but the 50/50 worked nicely for me when I used it.

Okay. I think I'll try the 50/50 then. Thank you!
    I forgot to mention that I suffer from a bit of dandruff when I CO wash a lot.

Will the Tea Tree help with that?
    fpmonkee11 wrote: »
    I forgot to mention that I suffer from a bit of dandruff when I CO wash a lot.

Will the Tea Tree help with that?
    I would guess it would help.

Also, make sure you dont use too much condish when you CO and massge and rinse your scalp thoroughly. Also, a cold water final rinse might help w the flakes.
    My Photobucket Album
  • curlysue21curlysue21 Posts: 5,219Registered Users
    I just bought a trial size of the Smooth as Silk and really liked it...especially the conditioner. Loved the scent and the conditioner was excellent at detangling and smoothed nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2b/c, medium/high porosity, medium/coarse texture
    Current HG: Kinky Curly errythang, GVPCB, LALSG

"I will never be the woman with perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it."

curlysue21 wrote: »
    I just bought a trial size of the Smooth as Silk and really liked it...especially the conditioner. Loved the scent and the conditioner was excellent at detangling and smoothed nicely.
    The Smooth as Silk is the main rinse out in my rotation; not to light, not too heavy.
    My Photobucket Album
  • Kasey314Kasey314 Posts: 308Registered Users
    I've been using the Tea Tree Triple Treat poo and condish and are liking them both. The co is great for co-washing and I've been using the poo maybe once or twice a week and have not had a problem w/ drying. I got sample sizes for like $2 at Target, so I recommend going there and grabbing some if you want to give them a try!
    ~FIA~ 2c-M-iii

CG since 9/06, modified since 3/07.

:coffee: <~~ Me every morning

Updated fotki 5/06/08
    http://public.fotki.com/Kasey314/

Products-of-the-moment: Loving Innersense right now: Pure Essential Hair Bath, Pure Inspiration Daily Conditioner and I Create Quiet Calm Curl Cream. Devacurl Angell is my go to gel, nothing else like it for me. Nature's Gate Lavendar and Aloe Nourishing Conditoner is always in my shower.

password - curly girl

I bought the Tea Tree and so far I'm lovin' it!

No flakes, and I love the smell.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file